Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

'Bali belly' strikes some senior Magpies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:31 pm
Post subject: 'Bali belly' strikes some senior MagpiesReply with quote

John Pierk, Fairfax, January 7th 2014

Quote:
Collingwood has been hit by a nasty case of ''Bali belly'' with a group of senior players yet to fully recover from a recent trip.

Midfielder Dayne Beams has shed weight and remained at home on Monday while Travis Cloke, who has regained the three kilograms he lost, was restricted to gym work as the Magpies began the new football year with a punishing two-hour session involving sprints, distance running and football drills.

Steele Sidebottom and Brent Macaffer ran laps as they had also been ill and while Ben Kennedy did train he is still on the mend.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/bali-belly-strikes-some-senior-magpies-20140106-30dmi.html
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

After the food poisoning deaths of the Queensland mother and daughter, and the fact that dozens of Australians die in Bali every year, why would the club allow any of its players to go there? Confused
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:55 am

OMFG hubby has always wanted to go, not me, but we are off next month, could be the easiest diet I ever go on, im only eating things from a sealed packet! AND getting those special tablets from the doc first!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 am

It generally happens on your first trip. After a few visits you get used to it. Same in Thailand. Of course if you only eat at 5 star places you pay the price money wise. i have got bad food poisoning in Fiji as well. The problem is that being young blokes they will think they are bullet proof and try just about anything. Travis is lucky.I lost 8 kgs. The club can not stop them going to these places. A bigger danger is some hero wanting to make a name for himself and taking a swing at one at a nightclub because his girlfriend suddenly finds they are a better prospect than him. And then some other dill tweets or facebooks a photo and Pert spends the next week putting out fires started by the likes of Caro.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:52 am

You can get sick anywhere not just in Bali ffs. Media hysteria. We are Heading there again in July.

TP - Always have hand cleaner in pocket/bag and only drink bottled water. Don't open mouth in shower, brush teeth with bottle water. Someone shakes your hand etc use hand cleaner. Use hand cleaner before eating and drinking. Many get crook from swimming pools as people don't get out and pee in them all day.
Ice is made from bottled water, so ice is fine.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:38 am

Culprit wrote:
You can get sick anywhere not just in Bali ffs. Media hysteria. We are Heading there again in July.

TP - Always have hand cleaner in pocket/bag and only drink bottled water. Don't open mouth in shower, brush teeth with bottle water. Someone shakes your hand etc use hand cleaner. Use hand cleaner before eating and drinking. Many get crook from swimming pools as people don't get out and pee in them all day.

cheers for that - we have a room with its own pool, after hearing that I might pack my pool test kit!!

off to the doc tomorrow to check my needles are up to date.

thanks again xx

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 am

Somehow, not sure, the media will link this to the same restaurant where the other two unfortunately died...

It'll be a bigger story in the next day or so, just wait and see!
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:01 am

collie dog wrote:
After the food poisoning deaths of the Queensland mother and daughter, and the fact that dozens of Australians die in Bali every year, why would the club allow any of its players to go there? Confused

Food poisoning has not been confirmed as the cause of the deaths of the pair from Queensland.
And the family has refused to allow an autopsy so no one will ever know what was the cause.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:10 am

Buckley won't be very happy with them
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 am

Yes how dare they get sick!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:26 am

Culprit wrote:

i thought it a tad of a coincidence that this was reported only days after the incident involving the queensland mum and daughter. i am a little skeptical about what is being reported on the latter.

i am headed to bali in a couple of weeks. am looking forward to it. haven't been for a couple of years.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:26 am

This story is giving me the shits.
Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:32 am

You can have Bali. Not a place I wish to return to. I was there weeks before the Sari Club bombing where I spent every night on the jungle juice, and that put me off for life.

Each to their own however.

Hope the fellas are back up and running soon.

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:35 am

think positive wrote:
Culprit wrote:

cheers for that - we have a room with its own pool, after hearing that I might pack my pool test kit!!

off to the doc tomorrow to check my needles are up to date.

thanks again xx

I went there last year and was fine, also stayed in a joint with a pool in our room (in Seminyak).

Had an upset stomach for a while towards the end (and for about a week when I got home) but nothing severe, I was still able to go out, go to work etc etc without any concerns.

Like already mentioned, if it's your first trip just don't eat anything too outlandish (if you're not used to it that could get you ill) and ONLY drink bottled water, everything is cheap as over there so you can buy heaps of it for next to nothing.

Had a great time myself over there, didn't want to leave, have fun!!
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 am

I've been to Bali 6 times and have never been sick. It's a great place.

Also, regarding the article, I'm sure I saw Travis running around at training on the news last night. Nothing story.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: