Who on Nicks has pay TV?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Who has pay TV?
If more Collingwood games go to pay TV, I will subscribe in 2014 (assuming you don't have it)
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
No, I will never get pay TV
22%
 22%  [ 21 ]
Yes, I do have pay TV
68%
 68%  [ 64 ]
Yes, I do have it but I'm considering not renewing my subscription
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 94

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:46 am

Have had it for over 15 years, starting with Optus Vision. Love it. can never go back to awful free-to-air.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:59 am

Have had it for over 15 years, starting with Optus Vision. Love it. can never go back to awful free-to-air.

THIS. I now hardly ever watch anything on free to air. The vast choice is the best part of having pay TV. And I have My star which is truly fantastic because I hate ads and now I can record any program I like and just fast forward all the damn ads. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:53 pm

Any comment that includes something along the lines of "the missus won't let me" is just sad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Any comment that includes something along the lines of "the missus won't let me" is just sad.

With all due respect, you can’t judge until you have been in another's shoes mate.

My previous missus for whatever reason made it extremely difficult for me to have pay TV. I could have obviously forced her hand but the ultimate cost wouldn't have been worth the result. Sometimes it's a game of give and take to get the right balance..... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:52 pm

LOL... tell us about it!

I always say fight the fights that are worth fighting... and getting pay tv just isn't a fight worth fighting so not to difficult to let it go.

Certainly wouldn't trade it for attending games live... or attendance at the Byron Bay music festival... or 5-6 week fishing trips to the territory... fishing trips to Tasmania or WA... or overseas travel...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Yep, have had it for years

Couldn't deal with Peasant-vision alone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:20 am

I had our fixture sitting on the coffee table for ages & didn't realise till my daughter pointed it out just how many games are on Fox this year & presumably not on FTA:

Round 5 North Melb
Round 10 West Coast
Round 14 Hawthorn
Round 16 GCS
Round 18 Adelaide
Round 19 Port Adelaide
Round 20 West Coast
Round 21 Brisbane
Round 22 GWS
Round 23 TBA

That's 9 possibly 10 games out of 22 (1 round is a bye) - nearly 50% on pay TV.

That's f*cked as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:51 am

I've had it for over 10 years.Only way to go. 24/7 footy.It's great. I just turn off the sports package in the off season and turn on the movie channels,for roughly the same cost and revert back when the footy is on. That way my better half gets to see movies for half the year and I get footy for the other. Works well. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:26 am

I've had it for over 10 years.Only way to go. 24/7 footy.It's great. I just turn off the sports package in the off season and turn on the movie channels,for roughly the same cost and revert back when the footy is on. That way my better half gets to see movies for half the year and I get footy for the other. Works well. Cool

I still can't justify the costs for watching a bit of what I'm paying for. In other words, I'd gladly pay to watch the programmes I want to watch but not the way they configure packages.

It also seems a rort - lack of competition. That is, in the same way Australians get ripped off compared to much of the world with respect to mobile phone charges etc the same applies here with respect to pay TV.

Means I'll be going to the pub more often that I would have liked with friends & family.

Still, I may indulge although I'm likely going to be O/S for 4-5 weeks mid year - so who knows.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6