Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Libs: How many lies & backflips?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
It seems every model has its up and downsides but something doesn't sit right with me that private schools get more federal funding than public ones.

This is one thing that annoys me.

It seems that the current philosophy is to push as many into the private system to reduce the cost of public schools, in the same way as private health insurance.

Although for me this is a moot point was we have no local secondary school, plenty of good primary schools. Thanks to the Kennett govt short sightedness, closed the high schools and sold off the land (apparently we are all so affluent we can afford private). Now due the changed demographic, there is a huge demand for secondary school places.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Wokko wrote:
It's something that really bothers me about our education system that so called private education is funded by the taxpayer. Now I'm sure there's a better model for delivering universal education than the one we've got, but if you're going to have a public/private model then have one. At the moment we have a public/public advanced model. Either have a universal, tax payer funded system alongside a totally private model or provide some kind of vouchers for parents that provides funding for whatever school they choose and open up a totally privatized system with schools competing for funding by attracting it from prospective students/parents, not lobbying corrupt politicians in Canberra for a slice of the pie they don't deserve.

It seems every model has its up and downsides but something doesn't sit right with me that private schools get more federal funding than public ones. I know it's a state matter to fund education but still, doesn't sit right. As for the Catholic schools, well that's an organization that shouldn't have any trouble funding its schools.

Now we are talkin' the same language. Wink

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:06 am

Hockey - barefaced lying scum. A direct quote today: "What I've inherited is debt well above 400 billion dollars". This is an L I E flat-out LIE. No-one should be taken in by this deliberate, malicious lie told with no other purpose other than to mislead and decieve Australia.

Hockey isn't just dishonest, he is incompetent and should be sacked immediately. He can Join Pyne and Palmer on the cross-benches in the New Lying Nut-case Party.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:24 am

Tannin wrote:
Hockey - barefaced lying scum. A direct quote today: "What I've inherited is debt well above 400 billion dollars". This is an L I E flat-out LIE. No-one should be taken in by this deliberate, malicious lie told with no other purpose other than to mislead and decieve Australia.

Hockey isn't just dishonest, he is incompetent and should be sacked immediately. He can Join Pyne and Palmer on the cross-benches in the New Lying Nut-case Party.
He has forgotten he is in power and doesn't need to talk down the economy. Laughing
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:50 pm

The way I remember it the debt ceiling was to stop governments from borrowing too much $$$.
Hockey and Abbott went into the election promising to reduce Public debt but instead they do the opposite.

This is probably the worst first 100 days in Australia's political history.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:32 pm

3.14159 wrote:
The way I remember it the debt ceiling was to stop governments from borrowing too much $$$.
Hockey and Abbott went into the election promising to reduce Public debt but instead they do the opposite.

This is probably the worst first 100 days in Australia's political history.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You mean the Dept TARGET introduced by labor that they successfully exceeded- how many times ?
- and would have done again.

Im getting great enjoyment from these threads, very very funny how twisted the logic is in here.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm no Joe Hockey fan but credit he has come up looking good. Yes it does help when Pain and Morrison have stuffed up everything they have touched.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:58 pm

MJ23 wrote:

Im getting great enjoyment from these threads, very very funny how twisted the logic is in here

Twisted logic?

Idea Twisted Evil >>>> Abbott and Hockey told us before the election that debt was at critical levels and they would put a stop to government debt.
Yet the first thing they do on gaining office is demand an extra $100 billion in borrowings because Labor has run up this huge(ish) debt.
Then they do a deal (with the one Party they said they wouldn't do deals with) to borrow unlimited $$$ more and blame it on the previous government.
Back-flips, rorting expense-claims, Indonesia, etc etc etc all in first 100 days.

Fwiw..
The previous opposition bosted that it would DO nothing to aid to aid the previous government even if it was patently in the country's interest to do so.
A government should govern.
This present one spends all it's time blaming the previous government instead of doing what it was elected to do.
Govern and show leadership.

The first 100 days? Epic FAIL!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:59 pm

All governments promise stuff before the election, then can't/won't or don't follow through on some because of circumstances. Wow, newsflash.

All governments come into power and immediately claim the mess they inherited is worse than they thought. Wow, newsflash.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:27 pm

During the last there was an end-less tirade about broken promises and the debt problem.
They demanded the ALP live up to set of standards and then piss on those same standards when they get elected.

When is this government stops back-flipping and starts leading, it will indeed be a NEWS-FLASH!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:52 pm
Post subject: Re: Libs: How many lies & backflips?Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Stop the boats was not an is not a lie. It's a promise, and if Abbott fails to deliver on it, it's a broken promise, not a lie.

A BOAT ARRIVED! A BOAT ARRIVED!! ( feel like Holly on Red Dwarf Very Happy)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-05/immigration-minister-reports-incident-on-christmas-island/5138502

And it seems they got here and made to shore undetected - outrageous!

Nothing but a military court marshall for the officer in charge of operation sovereign borders will suffice Razz

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Nothing but a military court marshall

Um .. that would be as opposed to a non-military court martial?

(sorry)

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Tannin wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Nothing but a military court marshall

Um .. that would be as opposed to a non-military court martial?

(sorry)

Stupid iPad spelling thing Embarassed

The military vs non is my bad though Razz

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Oh no, on the contrary. My mother has a bit of a fetish for tautologies: she keeps a notebook by her armchair and writes every new one down with much the same sort of delight that one sees when a music collector spots a rare mint condition early Buddy Holly single. Like other family members, I keep a sharp eye out for them and save them up for her delectation.

"Military court martial", when I see her next, will be going straight to the poolroom. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5KbMolsUPA

MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:25 am

3.14159 wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Im getting great enjoyment from these threads, very very funny how twisted the logic is in here

Twisted logic?

Idea Twisted Evil >>>> Abbott and Hockey told us before the election that debt was at critical levels and they would put a stop to government debt.
Yet the first thing they do on gaining office is demand an extra $100 billion in borrowings because Labor has run up this huge(ish) debt.
Then they do a deal (with the one Party they said they wouldn't do deals with) to borrow unlimited $$$ more and blame it on the previous government.
Back-flips, rorting expense-claims, Indonesia, etc etc etc all in first 100 days.

Fwiw..
The previous opposition bosted that it would DO nothing to aid to aid the previous government even if it was patently in the country's interest to do so.
A government should govern.
This present one spends all it's time blaming the previous government instead of doing what it was elected to do.
Govern and show leadership.

The first 100 days? Epic FAIL!

Laughing
Really, thanks just love it.
Yes what they could have done is come out straight away and highlighted actually how bad the books were, the dishonest accounting and funding nightmares they have inherited.
I mean why exactly did labor introduce a dept target...I mean ceiling in the first place ??Laughing Laughing

This would have shattered consumer confidence as we headed into xmas and caused more problems than solved. Would have, like the Indonesia "crisis" Laughing Laughing comfortably pointed the finger at the incompetents in the previous circus and simply said not my fault.

But no, stable, steady leadership. Wear the hysterical "see, see I told you's" coming from the brainwashed and just got on with doing what IS NEEDED, not what is politically correct and highlighted in this mornings quick focus group deciding the media grab catch cry

Ah, really am enjoying the commentary in the Tavern of late.
Taking the 2nd stage of grief to new levels Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: