Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Libs: How many lies & backflips?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

3.14159 wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I'm just loving all these back flips. I am waiting for the "Non-Core" Promise line to be spoken.

The Carbon Tax was a "core mandate", Gonski is a "non-core mandate".

Exactly. We have a winner. Nail hit head.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Tannin wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Politicians lie to get elected. More news at 6.

You are trying to pretend that both sides are the same. They are not the same: Gillard was forced to change her mind by circumstances. Abbott, Hockey, and Pyne deliberately lied to the Australian people just to get elected. They have no credibility now. None.

Correct. False equivalence is the old Fox News trick.

But to nitpick, I'm not sure we can say they now have no credibility; more like they continue to have no credibility. To go along with their lack of commercial achievement, lack of professional repute, lack of social contribution, lack of insight into the broader world, lack of moral fibre and lack of vision.

Hockey's contribution to the planet is as monumental as Abbott's and Pyne's. I LOL'd so hard at this I may have woken the neighbours:

Wikipedia wrote:
While at university he was President of the University of Sydney Students' Representative Council, and was instrumental[clarification needed] in inviting Pope John Paul II to visit the University of Sydney during the 1986 Australian papal visit.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hockey

What a game-changing moment in world history! And even then this major life achievement (LOL) needs "clarification" according to Wikipedia's editing standards Laughing Laughing

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:41 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Wokko wrote:

You are trying to pretend that both sides are the same. They are not the same: Gillard was forced to change her mind by circumstances. Abbott, Hockey, and Pyne deliberately lied to the Australian people just to get elected. They have no credibility now. None.

But to nitpick, I'm not sure we can say they now have no credibility; more like they continue to have no credibility. To go along with their lack of commercial achievement, lack of professional repute, lack of social contribution, lack of insight into the broader world, lack of moral fibre and lack of vision.

Hockey's contribution to the planet is as monumental as Abbott's and Pyne's. I LOL'd so hard at this I may have woken the neighbours:

Wikipedia wrote:
While at university he was President of the University of Sydney Students' Representative Council, and was instrumental[clarification needed] in inviting Pope John Paul II to visit the University of Sydney during the 1986 Australian papal visit.[4]

What a game-changing moment in world history! And even then this major life achievement (LOL) needs "clarification" according to Wikipedia's editing standards Laughing Laughing

Fundamentalists are hilarious. You dismiss the accomplishments of the Prime Minister and several cabinet ministers who have been lawyers, solicitors, journalists, political advisors, members of parliament and ministers. Your hatred would be amusing if it wasn't so snarky and vitriolic. Check out some of the Union hacks at Labor who moved straight from shifting papers in a union office into politics, or the numerous Lawyers and career politicians on that side. You're not going to find too much 'life experience' on the hill in Canberra these days.

Crap about 'false equivalence' because you can't stand the thought of your 'team' being packed full of nasty lying bastards when in reality they are all willing to do and say anything and stab anyone to get into power. Gillard told every Labor politician to lie about their coalition with the Greens, she lied about never challenging Rudd, she lied about never having a Carbon Tax under a government led by her. Pyne and Abbott have lied about Education Funding and there will be a few more doozies to come.

Abbott on the Bolt report today said about the education funding:

"But Andrew, we are going to keep our promise. We are going to keep the promise that we actually made, not the promise that some people thought that we made or the promise that some people might have liked us to make. We're going to keep the promise that we actually made."

Now there's something to actually get your hooks into, rather than vitriolic rants because someone wears blue instead of red.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:56 am

The LNP has not lied; it's all been a misunderstanding as the media reported it incorrectly.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Wokko wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

Crap about 'false equivalence' because you can't stand the thought of your 'team' ....... Pyne and Abbott have lied about Education Funding and there will be a few more doozies to come.

One eencie, weenzie detail you may not have factored in Wokko: PTID is not a Labour supporter. He very much isn't an Abbott fan, that is vey much understood.

He does run errands for Kim (so nuke me) ill & very ill as well as the odd bit of caddy work for Kim on the Pyongyang Golf Links but they are separate matters.

Otherwise he puts up & takes down the shooting targets on the DMZ in robotic like perfection. Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:13 pm

They're all just Statist scum to me anyway Laughing

News just in, Abbott and Pyne have held a conference, they're honouring the Gonski funding for 4 years + adding in 1.2b. Alls well that ends well.

Cue the haters claiming he's 'backflipped' or some such bullshit even though they've done the right thing in the end, decided NOT to break the promise and even added in more money.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:42 pm

They seem to have made the right decision in the end, but you'd have to agree they've earned a pretty sizeable helping of egg-on-face over the way they went about it.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:51 pm

And now the Abbott double backflip with Pyne - degree of difficulty, easy - all he had to do was keep the promise he made in the first place. Err ... but this is Abbott we are talking about here, who is congenitally honesty-challenged and can't tell the truth without his medication so, in reality, the degree of difficulty in his case is about 11.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Wokko wrote:
News just in, Abbott and Pyne have held a conference, they're honouring the Gonski funding for 4 years + adding in 1.2b. Alls well that ends well.

Cue the haters claiming he's 'backflipped' or some such bullshit even though they've done the right thing in the end, decided NOT to break the promise and even added in more money.

Oh for the love of Mike, do at least try to get your facts right. The 1.2 billion is

• (a) money Labor promised before the election
  • which (b) two or three backward Liberal-run states with less interest in improving education than in saying no to anything put forward by a Labor government, even "we will give you lots of money if you use it to improve schools" rejected.
  • Got that? Item (b) - the 1.2 billion which was already offered to backward Liberal states which rejected it - was Labor's original offer.
  • (c) When backward Liberal states like Queensland rejected the money offered to them, Labor very properly put this money back in the kitty.
  • (d) The Liberals were well aware of exactly what this money was and where it had come from. It was there in black and white in the national accounts prepared for all parties to use prior to the election, and it was labeled as such, in public, by the relevant Labor ministers.
  • (e) After the election Pyne and Hockey LIED themselves stupid pretending that the money was "missing" or a "black hole in the accounts". This was the spurious justification proffered by Pyne for his lies and broken promises.
  • (f) Now the Libs have mysteriously "found" the money (that was in fact, never lost in the first place).

Not a bad trick, that.

1: Lie about your intention to slash education before the election.
2: Lie that, sadly, you can no longer carry out your intention because of the "missing" money. (That never was missing in the first place.)
3: Announce your real intention (slash education) and lie about the fact that you lied in the first place by saying you would match Labor.
4: Realise that there is nothing Australia hates so much as a dishonest scumbag lying politician and get a huge fright when you see the polls showing Labor well in front after just three months of Liberal lies, mismanagement, and secrecy, so:
5: Lie about finding the 1.2 billion you lied about losing in the first place, and lie about it being "extra" money.
6: Bask in the kudos you have created out of thin air by lying that the money doesn't exist and then lying that you have generously found some.

No doubt about that Abbott cove: if there is anyone in politics better at devious, lying tactics than Abbott, we have not heard of him yet.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Tannin wrote:
And now the Abbott double backflip with Pyne - ......

You've been reading my mind. I was gunna use that line
Cool Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Tannin wrote:
And now the Abbott double backflip with Pyne - ......

You've been reading my mind. I was gunna use that line
Cool Wink

You know Pyne would totally be into that.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:59 pm

watt price tully wrote:
One eencie, weenzie detail you may not have factored in Wokko: PTID is not a Labour supporter. He very much isn't an Abbott fan, that is vey much understood.

He does run errands for Kim (so nuke me) ill & very ill as well as the odd bit of caddy work for Kim on the Pyongyang Golf Links but they are separate matters.

Otherwise he puts up & takes down the shooting targets on the DMZ in robotic like perfection. Wink

Stop right there with the false equivalency, WPT. Father Kim's golf scorecards were far more reliable than Abbott's budget numbers! And unlike Abbott, at least Kim actually had a scorecard witnessed by at least one Australian voter!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:06 pm

By the way, there are still two huge differences between the Labor policy and Abbott's renewed "return" to it:

1: He has not committed to the year 5 and 6 parts - which were the ones with the really significant spending increases. (Note that he didn't promise to commit to those, so this particular part isn't a lie or a broken promise in any way, it's just a different policy, which he is perfectly entitled to support. Nevertheless, it is much less federal money for education than Labor promised.

2: Abbott has gone completely limp on the remaining 33% of the extra funding which is from the states, and schools will be significantly worse off than under Labor. Labor's deal with the states was for the Feds to match state funding increases on a two-for-one basis. So for every extra dollar the Qld or WA state governments found for education, Labor gave two dollars. Or, putting it the other way, for every two dollars the Feds tipped into Victorian schools, the State Government signed up to tip in one extra dollar. But under Abbott, that arrangement no longer stands. Queensland, for example, hasn't had to promise one extra cent for schools, and Queensland schools will thus be 33% worse off than under Labor. (Unless, of course, the Liberal Queensland government volunteers to spend the money - and if you think Newman is going to do that, you are most likely backing Vomit for the 2014 AFL Premiership, and Mitchell Johnson for the English Cricket Team's most-loved Opponent Award.)

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Wokko wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:

Fundamentalists are hilarious. You dismiss the accomplishments of the Prime Minister and several cabinet ministers who have been lawyers, solicitors, journalists, political advisors, members of parliament and ministers. Your hatred would be amusing if it wasn't so snarky and vitriolic. Check out some of the Union hacks at Labor who moved straight from shifting papers in a union office into politics, or the numerous Lawyers and career politicians on that side. You're not going to find too much 'life experience' on the hill in Canberra these days.

Gold! I thought for a second there when you mentioned fundamentalists you were referring to the whackos who believe Jesus of Nazareth gave the Keys to the Kingdom to Peter, who in turn passed them on to the Pope via the Church, who was in turn organised [clarification needed!] to speak at Sydney University in 1986!

Oh, not those fundamentalists! You mean fundamentalists who compare Abbott, Hockey and Bishop to say Hawke, Keating, Evans and Jones? It could've been worse; I could've compared the non-existent Minister for Science to Barry Jones Laughing

True, it is rather cruel to compare Abbott and friends to competent high-achievers who have held the same positions. In fact, I feel a bit guilty now. Does that warrant a bullying charge to go along with the charge of fundamentalism? I promise next time I will think more about their feelings and compare them to professionals more in their league Laughing

Hapless victims of vicious fundamentalist comparisons to high-achieving politicians of global calibre, Abbott, Hockey and Bishop knuckle down to discuss pressing economic and foreign policy matters.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Meanwhile, Christopher Pyne does his best to contribute despite leaving his makeup and wig at home.

Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: