Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coalition snouts in the trough (again)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad people haven't forgotten the Slipper affair. How despicable does the Liberal Party's behaviour look now (if it didn't already back then)? Destroyed a man's political career over private text messages, a vexatious harassment claim that they were knee-deep in and the same misuse of entitlements that everyone from the party leader down was guilty of. Hope this haunts them for the rest of their (hopefully brief) parliamentary term.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:56 pm

So does that mean I can claim my obstacle course races now?

Sounds fair

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:43 pm

think positive wrote:

Sounds fair
I reckon you can and use the example of the PM's expense claim.
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Tannin wrote:
That's not entirely fair, Dr Pie. Not only was it a very small amount, it was two days out of a ten day stay and entirely believable as a genuine clerical error. Compare with the out-and-out deliberate rorting we have seen with Abbott claiming Slipper's wedding, Brandis claiming a News Ltd muckraker's do, Abbott claiming Mirabella's wedding and, above all, Abbotts massive claims when he used public money to promote his own book. Huge difference.

Yes, but it wasn't just Dreyfus getting his ski holiday dates wrong. Bernie Ripoll, (ALP, Oxley) managed to fit three days watching the Tour de France in his tax-payer funded study tour. There was a repayment in 2007 for Tim's use of Julia's tax payer funded car.

Undoubtedly the Coalition have been much worse but that doesn't excuse Labor.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm

think positive wrote:

Sounds fair

I walked passed a hospital last time we were in Spain - noticed the lack of ambulance ramping so can I claim that - sounds fair!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:20 am

Dr Pie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
That's not entirely fair, Dr Pie. Not only was it a very small amount, it was two days out of a ten day stay and entirely believable as a genuine clerical error. Compare with the out-and-out deliberate rorting we have seen with Abbott claiming Slipper's wedding, Brandis claiming a News Ltd muckraker's do, Abbott claiming Mirabella's wedding and, above all, Abbotts massive claims when he used public money to promote his own book. Huge difference.

Yes, but it wasn't just Dreyfus getting his ski holiday dates wrong. Bernie Ripoll, (ALP, Oxley) managed to fit three days watching the Tour de France in his tax-payer funded study tour. There was a repayment in 2007 for Tim's use of Julia's tax payer funded car.

Undoubtedly the Coalition have been much worse but that doesn't excuse Labor.
Abbott attended Slippers, the shock jocks weddings and claimed it was buisness for *uck sake. Both sides have been caught out here but the LNP are the ones that get up on the soap box and push that they are fiscally responsible. That's the difference and this will all blow over in a week as both sides rush to pay bills from years ago whilst Slipper is not given the same opportunity.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:34 am

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:

Sounds fair

I walked passed a hospital last time we were in Spain - noticed the lack of ambulance ramping so can I claim that - sounds fair!

Don'r joke, you probably can claim part of your holiday as a study tour. Want me to help you work it up? Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:06 pm

25% of the Mad Misogynist Miners Monk's front bench claimed allowances going to mates wedding.

A bloody disgrace of a Government. This government is a joke. A rorters paradise.

Lets hear them snarl about the unemployed trying to rort the system & try to roll back the pay of hospitality workers & shift workers Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hypocrites & liars.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:07 pm

watt price tully wrote:
25% of the Mad Misogynist Miners Monk's front bench claimed allowances going to mates wedding.

A bloody disgrace of a Government. This government is a joke. A rorters paradise.

Lets hear them snarl about the unemployed trying to rort the system & try to roll back the pay of hospitality workers & shift workers Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hypocrites & liars.

WPT, I'm not sure if you've received the memo yet. The attack on the unemployed and insecurely employed has been scheduled for next month, following the present hate attack on the gay community, itself having followed the opening sortie on asylum seekers. Should those pogroms fail to incite enough misanthropy to steady Abbott's leadership, the Gliberal Party has been advised to reach for the top shelf of powerless minorities, such as remote Aboriginal communities and Islamic women.

The great thing about powerless minorities is that there are so many of them to beat up on! The good Lord has always been kind to the Liberal Party in that way; he does indeed reward his own!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Anyone read this? Cassidy gives Abbott a serve and reminds us of the importance of keeping politicians accountable:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-11/cassidy-abbott-cant-simply-ride-out-the-expenses-furore/5014310

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:07 am

Most of the LNP front bench have paid back monies they claimed in what is described as oversights. I am sure the ordinary tax payer will be able to use that excuse and not be penalised by the ATO. Confused

Slippers comment, "I should be allowed to pay the money back or all the MP's should be charged". I have to agree.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:01 am

Snouts in the trough? I give you the winner.

Quote:
Michael Williamson, once the president of the Australian Labor Party and the head of the powerful Health Services Union, is now facing a jail term after pleading guilty to a raft of charges, including defrauding his former union of close to $1 million.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/former-hsu-boss-michael-williamson-pleads-guilty-to-fraud-20131015-2vjjk.html#ixzz2hp4JnHoS

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:02 am

Do you make money from it?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:00 am

stui magpie wrote:

And how much public money belonging to the taxpayer did this scumbag take?

Zero.

Compare with Abbott's repeated dipping into the public purse to go to weddings and fun runs. Compare with the pugilistic Victorian Liberal MP's shameless theft of public money to run his Frankston business. Compare with the millions of taxpayer dollars Matthew Guy's Phillip Island land deals scam cost - and that story's not over, 'coz the Ombudsman has now announced that he is looking into it. http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/watchdog-to-probe-guys-botched-land-rezoning-20131015-2vl1q.html Compare with the Liberal Attorney General, who not only dipped his snout into the go-to-your-mate's-wedding trough, he bought so many thousands of dollars worth of taxpayer-funded books that his $7000 taxpayer-funded bookshelf is too big to be moved into his office! http://theshovel.com.au/2013/10/15/george-brandis-bookshelf-to-be-used-to-house-asylum-seekers/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Quote:
Michael Williamson, ...and the head of the powerful Health Services Union, is now facing a jail term after pleading guilty to a raft of charges, including defrauding his former union of close to $1 million.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/former-hsu-boss-michael-williamson-pleads-guilty-to-fraud-20131015-2vjjk.html#ixzz2hp4JnHoS

No you're mixing thing things up a bit here Stui my good man:

Union money, not public money.

A crook you bet, but try a different thread your winner.

Now lets get back to mates weddings & claims shall we? The dirty hypocrites can't help themselves.

BTW, Stui, have you got a meal receipt for me? Wink Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: