Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coalition snouts in the trough (again)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
^

Agreed on one point, the rules need to be changed to clearly reflect the intent of the allowance.

i can see why someone from a rural seat would need an accommodation option for when Parliament sits and it's impossible to commute, I'm not sure if having the tax payer underwrite an asset for them is the best way to do it though

Yep +1

But Dan the Man has dealt with this quickly, getting people to jump.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:43 am

He is quick to sack people.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:55 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Agreed on one point, the rules need to be changed to clearly reflect the intent of the allowance.

i can see why someone from a rural seat would need an accommodation option for when Parliament sits and it's impossible to commute, I'm not sure if having the tax payer underwrite an asset for them is the best way to do it though

Yep +1

But Dan the Man has dealt with this quickly, getting people to jump.

Here's a thought - what about means-testing the handout and passing it to Centrelink's debt-collection robots if there's any whiff of, well - anything?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Gertting rid of incompetents is a good thing to do. This has all been done in a few days. This contrasts with the CFA where he took too long to act & in my view was an utter beat up by the conservatives.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:50 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Gertting rid of incompetents is a good thing to do. This has all been done in a few days. This contrasts with the CFA where he took too long to act & in my view was an utter beat up by the conservatives.

My view would be the opposite, That was his lowest point, sacking the board and CEO trying to ram through a dodgy EBA

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Michaelia Cash - The minister responsible for my hearing decline & for cutting workers rates from double time to time and a half fails to declare a 1.4 million investment property & a mortgage on the same:

"......Under the rules, any MP who knowingly fails to notify of any alteration to their interests within 28 days "shall be guilty of serious contempt of the House of Representatives and shall be dealt with by the House accordingly". Senator Cash took 78 days to declare the house and 109 days to declare the mortgage....."

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/michaelia-cash-caught-out-failing-to-declare-14m-investment-property-20170306-gurikn.html

Oh the delicious irony.

If the honourable member had any integrity she would do the honourable thing & resign.

Oh Schadenfreude. It really couldn't have happened to a nicer pollie - well Cory Bernardi, Tony Abbott, Pauline Hanson, Eric Abetz, Ian MacDonald, Malcolm Roberts & Wee Georgie Christiansen would have been preferable.

Still, who am I to complain? Laughing Laughing Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Failing to declare an investment property is a breach, but I'd hardly call it "snout in the trough" or compare it to people rorting entitlements
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 am

Declaring properties: The MP's are fully aware what they have to declare and it's contempt of Parliament at the highest level not to do so. To suggest
Michaelia Cash forgot at the same time she negatively geared the property is tooth fairy stuff.

Michaelia Cash needs to be charge as does Sam Dastyari. The LNP cannot brush this aside after all the table banging and rhetoric over Sam Dastyari's failure to declare his directorship in a Chinese Company.

Let's be serious, we cannot allow MP's to go to the back bench to serve some type of bullshit punishment so they can be promoted later down the track once the heat has died out.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:20 pm

A recidivist does it again. Then again what else would you expect a recidivist to do?

Mr Integrity Stuart Robert charged taxpayers $2,000 a month for his home internet.

PM launches inquiry after assistant treasurer, who spent 20 times more than other MPs, blames connectivity issues

.....He was dumped from the Coalition ministry by Malcolm Turnbull in 2016 after a scandal over a private trip to Beijing when he attended an event to celebrate a deal involving an Australian mining company headed by a Liberal party donor.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/05/stuart-robert-charged-taxpayers-2000-a-month-for-his-home-internet

Mr Robert's trouble with expenses dates back to 2014 when he billed taxpayers $900 to fly to Sydney before going on a private trip to China where he attended the signing of a deal between Nimrod Resources and Chinese officials.

He resigned from the Turnbull ministry in 2016 when it was revealed that he owned shares in a trust linked to Liberal donor Paul Marks and his company, Nimrod Resources.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/assistant-treasurer-bills-taxpayers-2000-a-month-for-data-at-home-20181003-p507jx.html

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:03 pm

If he had to pay 2000 a month of his own money he would have being screaming blue murder at his service provider. He must have been downloading more movies than DTM does in year. It goes to show how how much Australians are being ripped off. I pay less than 40 dollars a month for unlimited use at 19mbps and run my smart tv, laptop and at any other given times 5 thais on their smartphones. My pay tv channel has about 100 channels and costs me about 150 dollars per YEAR. That includes 5-6 afl games a week live. I am getting a top box next week for about 170 dollars that will give me the cricket.races, NRL, MKB etc and and that is a one off cost.support is free And the dude who prests and sells them drinks in my local bar?.

Better tell Stuart Robert so he can get taxpayerr funded trip to bangkok, a taxi-limodown here and book himself in to the Hilton or the Dusit. The ladyboys don't give receipts Stuart.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:24 am

2k a month? What a farce but it is plausible if he is waiting for the NBN. He will pay it all back and say sorry it was an error of judgement and all will be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: