Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coalition snouts in the trough (again)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:31 pm
Post subject: Coalition snouts in the trough (again)Reply with quote

A radio shock jock's private function (the shock Jock was trying to throw mud against Gillard) & good mates with the Attorney General & the Miners mate (not tone) but Gina's boy Jethro Clampert (alias Barnaby Joyce) used tax payer monies to attend the said private function.

Now our top legal eagle the Attorney General decides to pay it back once it was made public. scumbags.

Did the coalition when in opposition make claims about integrity? make claims about honesty?

Great start to their period in office. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

What no budget crisis? The death of up to 50 children & more adults, insulting Indonesia, no women in cabinet, barely any women in parliament on the coalition side, avoiding scrutiny, encouraging fracking (Coal Gas Exploration) at farmers expense, at the expense of scarce water supplies, encouraging mining development in the region of the Great Barrier Reef, good grief.

People said the ALP were incompetent, look at this lot. Now they're using public money to go to private functions of mates.

Thieves & crooks beholden to Gina & Rupert. Rolling Eyes

http://www.theage.com.au/nsw/george-brandis-pays-back-wedding-expenses-20130929-2um4m.html

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the story WPT's referring to:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ministers-claimed-costs-for-wedding-trip-20130928-2ul6a.html

Must be tough being a politician on a $200,000 salary and having to pay for your own first-class flights.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Now forced to pay out of their own pockets.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Culprit wrote:
Now forced to pay out of their own pockets.

Why can they get away with being able to pay it back now & Slipper faces legal actions for similar behaviour?

Perhaps we can ask honest Mal Brough about it, then again judge found that

"Mr Brough had conspired with Mr Slipper's accusers, James Ashby and media adviser Karen Doane to bring Mr Slipper down and 'advance the interests of the LNP and Mr Brough (Sunshine Coast 19/12/2012).

Libs & Nats: Liars, hypocrites & thieves .

What an appalling start to their time in Government. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 pm

The first 3 weeks of his term of office and the Attorney General can't keep his nose clean for even that long.
If this guy is the Attorney General how can he sit in any kind of judgement on himself and is he fit for office?
My guess is there will be an enquiry, the outcome will be....
... The rules governing what ministers can spend are not exactly clear and concise, so we tightening them up to make it clearer for ministers to understand which means basically, next time they do it will be legal and retrospective.
(mark my words, they done this in the past, they will do it again).

Trust was a key plank of the last election.
The Attorney General & Barnaby Joyce should be the first to walk it.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 am

3.14159 wrote:
The first 3 weeks of his term of office and the Attorney General can't keep his nose clean for even that long.
If this guy is the Attorney General how can he sit in any kind of judgement on himself and is he fit for office?
... The rules governing what ministers can spend are not exactly clear and concise, so we tightening them up to make it clearer for ministers to understand which means basically, next time they do it will be legal and retrospective.
(mark my words, they done this in the past, they will do it again).

Trust was a key plank of the last election.
The Attorney General & Barnaby Joyce should be the first to walk it.
The Atorney General is in charge of writing a new "Code of Conduct" for all Ministers. Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:39 am

The hypocrite Brandeis (our top legal officer, the Attorney General), should have his own standards (such as they are) applied to him:

Senator Brandis has spent years in opposition demanding strict adherence to travel entitlements and has never hesitated to call in the Federal Police for any imagined wrong

In the Age online today:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/george-brandis-pays-back-trip-costs-but-remains-unapologetic-20130929-2umgp.html#ixzz2gKdFHwaQ

Snouts in troughs.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:13 pm

It's the Liberal way "Do as I say, not as I Do".
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Attorney-General George Brandis has defended as within his rights spending nearly $13,000 of taxpayer funds over the past four years on his personal library.

lmao

According to the Department of Finance rules, books must relate to "parliamentary, electorate or official business".
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Culprit wrote:
Attorney-General George Brandis has defended as within his rights spending nearly $13,000 of taxpayer funds over the past four years on his personal library.

lmao

According to the Department of Finance rules, books must relate to "parliamentary, electorate or official business".

Isn't there a parliamentary library with staff who will get you resources etc that is tax payer funded? This applies to all pollies. However given Brandeis is our top law officer & he can't distinguish between a mates wedding & public duties to rort the system then why are we surprised? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 pm

I wonder if he's starting to think that, given his questionable integrity, the Attorney-General position wasn't the best role to take.

Then again, someone in the Liberal Party had to do it!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:11 am

Gina flies Liberal mates to India they then claim tax payer allowances. Martin Ferguson a man with a degree of judgment & ethics here, declined the invite:

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/big-bucks-for-mps-bollywood-adventure-20131005-2v0wf.html

Snouts in troughs with those beholden to Gina.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:21 am

watt price tully wrote:
Gina flies Liberal mates to India they then claim tax payer allowances. Martin Ferguson a man with a degree of judgment & ethics here, declined the invite:

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/big-bucks-for-mps-bollywood-adventure-20131005-2v0wf.html

Snouts in troughs with those beholden to Gina.

And note those who submitted claims for "overseas study" are the same ones who are making life a misery for actual students trying to pay their way through actual study.

The Aged wrote:
Mrs Rinehart was about to clinch a $1 billion coal deal with the bride's grandfather - G.V. Krishna Reddy, the founder of GVK, one of India's largest energy and infrastructure companies.

You can just see them all now reminiscing over the great times of feudalism past!

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:11 pm

3.14159 wrote:

... The rules governing what ministers can spend are not exactly clear and concise, so we are tightening them up, to make it clearer for ministers to understand", which means basically, next time they do it will be legal ambiguous and retrospective.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-06/abbott-repays-travel-expenses-claimed-for-mirabellas-wedding/5001284

Mr Turnbull also defended other Coalition colleagues who are facing questions about their travel claims.
Mr Turnbull says the entitlements register is not always clear

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by 3.14159 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:48 am

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/coalition-mps-must-lift-game-20131006-2v2bf.html

The LNP have always loved the Gravy Train, so have many MP's from the ALP. But as always the Liberal way is to do as I say not as I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: