Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks hints at Dangerfield

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:56 am
Post subject: Bucks hints at DangerfieldReply with quote

During his interview on Trade Radio this morning Buckley hinted that Collingwood is trying to lure Patrick Dangerfield to Collingwood as part of the Beams deal.

Quote from AFL online:
"Buckley said he hadn't spoken to Dangerfield or his management but, when asked if the Pies had, he replied: "I dare say, I dare say"."

"What I will say… is that we look at every opportunity to improve our list," Buckley said.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the article in full:

COLLINGWOOD coach Nathan Buckley hopes wantaway star Dayne Beams can be convinced to stay, but has strongly hinted the Magpies have contacted Adelaide midfielder Patrick Dangerfield as a potential replacement.

Beams has told the Pies he wants to be traded to the Brisbane Lions to be closer to his family.

Speaking on SEN radio on Thursday, Buckley said Collingwood understood Beams' position but had not given up on retaining the 24-year-old.

"It's unfortunate. We'd rather have Dayne be wanting to sign on for another five years and be at Collingwood for the rest of his career," Buckley said.

"But we understand the pull of family – and obviously there's a couple of other factors that have made it a bit easier to make that decision.

"But, as I've said earlier, he's a contracted player. We're still in dialogue and our preference is still that he stays with the football club and that we find a way to meet his family concerns, but that will take some time."

It has been reported that the Pies and Lions are yet to discuss the trade, although the Magpies have indicated that the Lions' pick No.4 won't be enough to get the deal done.

Collingwood is keen to secure a ready-made replacement for Beams, an All Australian and Copeland Trophy winner.

Crows star Dangerfield fits that mould and speculation about his future has been rife since Adelaide sacked coach Brenton Sanderson.

Buckley said he hadn't spoken to Dangerfield or his management but, when asked if the Pies had, he replied: "I dare say, I dare say".

"What I will say… is that we look at every opportunity to improve our list," Buckley said.

Melbourne has expressed an interest in Dangerfield, who is contracted at Adelaide for next season, and is prepared to offer pick two and three in the NAB AFL Draft.

The Crows insisted on Monday that Dangerfield was not on the trade table.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:14 am

Listened to the interview. He neither confirmed or denied and mostly spoke around the question. There was no direct hint of interest. I think Bucks likes playing mind games and doesn't mind the media getting carried away in some respects.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:16 am

Last time I looked we weren't Geelong - Dangerfield's preferred destination club. lol
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:18 am

rocketronnie wrote:
Last time I looked we weren't Geelong - Dangerfield's preferred destination club. lol

There is a little thing called salary cap. I doubt they have the same amount of room we now do.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:22 am

MAKE it happen, so it shall be done !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:39 am

Beams for pick 4 and Redden
Pick 4 and Kennedy (or Broomhead) for danger man to Adelaide

themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:55 am

Podpicken wrote:

Leave Broomhead alone.

I can't believe the hysteria, all Bucks said was that we are looking to improve our list.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:02 pm

themonk wrote:
Podpicken wrote:

Leave Broomhead alone.

I can't believe the hysteria, all Bucks said was that we are looking to improve our list.

You're right. Maybe pick 4 and redden (sa boy) straight to Adelaide for Danger.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Here's the article in full:

COLLINGWOOD coach Nathan Buckley hopes wantaway star Dayne Beams can be convinced to stay, but has strongly hinted the Magpies have contacted Adelaide midfielder Patrick Dangerfield as a potential replacement.

Beams has told the Pies he wants to be traded to the Brisbane Lions to be closer to his family.

Speaking on SEN radio on Thursday, Buckley said Collingwood understood Beams' position but had not given up on retaining the 24-year-old.

"It's unfortunate. We'd rather have Dayne be wanting to sign on for another five years and be at Collingwood for the rest of his career," Buckley said.

"But we understand the pull of family – and obviously there's a couple of other factors that have made it a bit easier to make that decision.

"But, as I've said earlier, he's a contracted player. We're still in dialogue and our preference is still that he stays with the football club and that we find a way to meet his family concerns, but that will take some time."

It has been reported that the Pies and Lions are yet to discuss the trade, although the Magpies have indicated that the Lions' pick No.4 won't be enough to get the deal done.

Collingwood is keen to secure a ready-made replacement for Beams, an All Australian and Copeland Trophy winner.

Crows star Dangerfield fits that mould and speculation about his future has been rife since Adelaide sacked coach Brenton Sanderson.

Buckley said he hadn't spoken to Dangerfield or his management but, when asked if the Pies had, he replied: "I dare say, I dare say".

Melbourne has expressed an interest in Dangerfield, who is contracted at Adelaide for next season, and is prepared to offer pick two and three in the NAB AFL Draft.

The Crows insisted on Monday that Dangerfield was not on the trade table.

Pick 2 and 3 for Dangerfield (or beams for that matter) is about right. I would expect pick 4 plus a potential star already at the club would be the minimum for Dayne. He is in the top 10 mids in the league and is 24.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Melbourne can offer up all the pick two's and three's they like but they're no chance of getting Dangerfield to agree to a move.

That is the key, Danger wanting out and nominating Collingwood as the club he wants to go to.

He's contracted but unlike Beams is subject to free agency next year so the crows run the real risk of losing him for a lot less at the end of next season than what we'd be prepared to offer now.

Offer him a 6 year, 5 to 6 million deal.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:15 pm

As nice as it is to hear his name linked to us and even to see his mug font and centre on our website I'm not getting too excited about this. Let's hope it's a case of 'where there's smoke there's fire' but I'd be surprised.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:55 pm

In an ideal world it should be Beams to Brisbane, pick 4 and Aish to Adelaide, Dangerfield to the pies.

But it would seem that Aish can't be part of a trade within his initial 2 year contract (need further clarification) with Brisbane naturally reluctant to give him up even if he could be.

The next best bet would be one of Mayes or Redden both originally from South Australia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: