Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pick 4, Brown and Thomas for pick 1.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 am
Post subject: Pick 4, Brown and Thomas for pick 1.Reply with quote

Petracca is just the type of midfielder we need.

Big, powerful and quick.

He supports the pies.

But to get pick 1 you've got to be prepared to give something up.

So for me it's pick 4 (5), Brown and Thomas for pick 1.

Brown is a dour defender but his body is a worry. He's still more proven than the young Jaksch. A former top 10 pick.

We would still need to cover for his loss though so Sam Frost should then be a target with the likely second round picks gained for Lumumba and/or Beams used as an offer.

Thomas had his best game of the season against the saints gathering 29 disposals and 3 goals. This should play to our advantage as sides often put stock or at least clearly remember a performance of a player against them when considering them in a trade. He's a promising player Thomas but one of our mosquito fleet with Petracca an upgrade on him. Like Brown he's still more proven than O'Rourke at AFL level.

If I was St.kilda then our offer for pick 1 would be more appealing than that of GWS if only for the fact they get to keep a top 5 selection.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Brown and our club will be a basket case.

The club does need to think bold though, and if we really like Petracca we could look to move to pick 1 or 2 (still think there's a strong chance the Saints go tall with 1). Just not with this deal.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:12 am

Why?

Brown outside of 2010 hasn't done a hell of a lot with injuries taking it's toll.

I'm worried about that shoulder of his as well as the knee.

Get Frost and we have instant coverage for Brown.

Time to be bold and shoot for pick 1.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:17 am

Because I like Brown.

Anyway, the Saints would probably prefer to have S.Frost or Jaksch. Younger and without the injury history.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:02 am

Brown history of injuries weakness the deal and Thomas probably isn't consistent enough yet.

If Petracca is gone, hopefully Angus Brayshaw will still be there.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:21 am

Rick wrote:
Brown history of injuries weakness the deal and Thomas probably isn't consistent enough yet.

There's a little snippet in today's Herald Sun that says we have requested an interview with Brayshaw at the combine, in light of the fact that pick 4 will almost certainly be part of the Beams trade...
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:59 am

To be more fair to Swoop, I'll put my personal bias that Brown should never be traded aside: the deal's not a terrible one but I do think the Saints would be reluctant given Brown's injury history.

From our side, we'd have to be very high on Petracca. Giving up two players to move up 3 spots in the draft could be considered a risk.

The true value of the deal would come down to who is available at 4. If it's Brayshaw, how much better is Petracca? That's what we'd need to weigh up.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:26 am

Saints have already had a crack at securing Mitch brown from West Coast in the past. So I reckon they would have a sniff at Browny. We would need to secure the other Frost boy from GWS though if we were going down that road. I think Bucks is a big Josh Thomas fan so can't see him being involved.
While getting Petracca would be nice, I think Inky is right (see we can agree) Wink it is a high price to pay for moving up 3 places in the draft.

I think both Petracca & Brayshaw will be gone by our pick. Especially if it turns out to be pick 5.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:34 am

Assuming that Beams is really going this year, and that the 'Pies do get pick (provisionally numbered) 4, I think it is essential that we be guided by what Hine wants. If he really wants someone who likely won't be available by pick 4/5, then everything reasonably possible should be done to move up to get the necessary pick. If, on the other hand, he's not that fussed, then I would be very loathe to see the Club move good quality players on just for the "trophy" pick. History shows that the number 1 pick usually doesn't turn out to be the best player from the draft. I'm not sure whether Thomas will make it but I remain of the view that Brown is the first defender picked when he's fit. If he's to be traded, there'd need to be a very, very good reason.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:42 am

I reckon the club would be a bit gun shy about trading another premiership hero.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Rick wrote:

There's a little snippet in today's Herald Sun that says we have requested an interview with Brayshaw at the combine, in light of the fact that pick 4 will almost certainly be part of the Beams trade...

If he's related to the creep on Channel 9 tell him to bugger off. Then again maybe more reason to get him Wink

MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:50 am

Id love Petracca. Is a pie supporter I believe.

I think a combo of player and our pick 4 would get an upgrade to Saints pick 1, just needs to be the right player.

Hopefully that player comes from Bris and Saints are interested.

In saying that Id still be happy for a player and Dylan Shiel or pick 4 and an Aish

Just dont think we will be lucky enough

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Would love to get Petracca. Don't really want to lose JT.

The thing is, will St Kilda take him with pick one? Because trading with Melbourne for pick 2 is more realistic I think.

I mean you could go Harry and pick 8 (or 4) for pick 2.

Of course all this would depend on Saints not taking him with pick 1.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Sorry, but Thomas has absolutely no cache. After 4 years at our club he is still not a regular senior player. As for Brown, he has a history of dodgy shoulders so would be hardly worth much either. The truth is, if we were desperate for Dangerfield we'd probably need to consider trading Grundy, Kennedy or Broomhead. These players are our future so I can't see that happening.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:17 pm

^^Tell that to the Dangerfield thread. This one's about securing the services of nu-Dangerfield: Petracca Very Happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: