Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Environment Watch - in the new old regime

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:19 pm
Post subject: Environment Watch - in the new old regimeReply with quote

With the new federal government in Canberra, with the Newman government in Queensland our collective "environment" is in for a battering.

Before being sworn in Ian McDonald the new Federal Industry Minister has urged miners with leases for coal gas exploration (? in NSW) to use it or lose it. That is, develop your leases (coal gas) or leave for someone else to do.

No discussion on the effects on the artesian basin & other water supplies of course.

Marry this with Josh Frydenberg's role as Parliamentary secretary to The Mad Miners Monk which is to remove red tape & so called green tape. That is deregulation or "mine baby mine"

Now apply deregulation to mining & environmental protections & what do you get?

The Great barrier Reef is a case in point. The greed of the miners is so great that they've got their men in power to develop coal in Gladstone & now much further north in far north Queensland.

There is also Tasmania.

This thread is to keep watch on what is happening to our environment & also the explore the impact on the miners puppet men (Tone & co) policies & actions on the environment.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The people have voted the LNP in the lower house. The good news is the LNP have no control of the upper house. As for the States, Qld is an Open Cut mine, NSW will get there soon and we will follow.
partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Don't forget WA, forest products an issue here.

Has anyone seen any details on Tony's policy on planting trees instead of having a carbon tax?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:18 pm

partypie wrote:

Has anyone seen any details on Tony's policy on planting trees instead of having a carbon tax?

I think that would be this one.

http://www.liberal.org.au/creating-green-army

There's a couple of other policies referencing the Carbon tax and also Fisheries, forestry, resources and energy. There's also one there about Mental Health which you may find interesting. I haven't read any but they're all here.

http://www.liberal.org.au/our-policies

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:32 pm

partypie wrote:

A few years ago in WA I recollect there was a Liberal Green Party. That is, Liberal conservatives who were pro environment distancing themselves from the traditional Liberal (anti-environmental policies) party. I wonder if they're still around?

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:47 pm

watt price tully wrote:
partypie wrote:

A few years ago in WA I recollect there was a Liberal Green Party. That is, Liberal conservatives who were pro environment distancing themselves from the traditional Liberal (anti-environmental policies) party. I wonder if they're still around?

The last Liberal for Forests, Janet Woolard, lost her seat at the last state election. In 2008, independents and nationals supported Barnett to form government.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:59 pm

partypie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
partypie wrote:

The last Liberal for Forests, Janet Woolard, lost her seat at the last state election. In 2008, independents and nationals supported Barnett to form government.

Cheers for that

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Told you so:

The neanderthals & the miners puppets are at it: Coal Seam Gas development with reduced environmental controls.

It's just the water supply so who gives a fat rats clacker?

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/sep/23/nsw-pressure-coal-seam-gas-rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: