Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Port downs Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Well I love the off-season.

Glad it's over to be honest.
Now for some warm weather & holidays...
I have 6 holidays planned from 25/9 until Easter next year, cool as!

I am looking forward to watching the Victory and Heart (especially with Harry Kewell at Heart). The A-League is going places and Postocoglou might just be the best coach of any sport in the country.

As for the footy I might be back. Razz

Could you PLEASE reconsider and say I WONT be back Spain? We have enough bloody "perceptive fellow", negativity and doomsday posters without you having to be here..... Rolling Eyes
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:18 am

Oh my... just looked at the stats..... Dane Swan's disposal efficiency was 40% on Saturday night. Wow... and that was with 22 possessions. Only Jamie Elliott with 45% came even close to that bad.

By direct contrast Didak's efficiency was 90% - so he had one possession wasn't effective.!!!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Outcoached and Outplayed very disapointing, I hope this one stings deep over the summer and we have a good look at weaknesses. In saying that thanks to all players who wore black and white this season.

www.facebook/the hybernators
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:06 pm

I tell 'ya what, we're damn lucky we didn't play the Scum.
They would've given us a bloody hiding similar to 1988 EF...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:45 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
I tell 'ya what, we're damn lucky we didn't play the Scum.
They would've given us a bloody hiding similar to 1988 EF...

No need for bad memories!

www.facebook/the hybernators
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Just watched the press conference for the first time. Boy, that's the first time this year that Bucks seemed generally pi**ed off. Every other time we got done this year he appeared cool, calm and measured - like it was all part of the plan.

Reading between the lines I reckon he almost admitted the culture issue too.

Going to be an interesting next month.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:03 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Well here we go again! Booted out of the finals without a credible effort. The warning signs have been obvious all year, but we have all thought, oh no it can't be real. Hang in there and she'll be right mate. But it wasn't to be. See the issue at Collingwood is the arrogant leadership culture. 2013 is symbolic of the rot that will have a special place in our Club history. An arrogant Board led by a President who will not get out and allow a new generation of leaders to control our future. Of course they see it as 'their' own private Club now.

I am glad we got kicked out of the finals. I am glad Malthouse showed us up. They have advanced beyond us. I am glad we looked crap and have a playing list that is going backwards. I am glad because the fans that have spoken the truth for years about our rotten club culture have been vindicated.

We are the football equivalent of the ALP under the Gillard/Rudd years. And we all know where that ended up.

I will remain a loyal supporter of our club and colours so to honour the great history of the greatest club on earth and to live to oppose the current administration in the hope they will be booted out soon.

nulla 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:22 am
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:

We are the football equivalent of the ALP under the Gillard/Rudd years. And we all know where that ended up.

Hiss at least the Labour party were prepared to cull its leaders when they failed and allowed the masses to show their disapproval.

We are led in the manner of a dictatorship and its the players that are coping the blame for our clubs shortcomings.

Dictators have a record of blaming all others for any apparent faults whilst on the other hand assuring the masses that everything is rosey.

In the end they will take their money and pride and bail out still blaming others.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:30 am

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, " I support Nathan Buckley and what he is trying to achieve". Who wants to join me?

If Daisy stays, great, if he chooses to go, so sad, too bad, thanks for coming and all the best, but if you go to carlscum I hope you fail.

Get over the loss guys, suck it up and lets move on.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:58 am

nulla wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Hiss at least the Labour party were prepared to cull its leaders when they failed and allowed the masses to show their disapproval.

We are led in the manner of a dictatorship and its the players that are coping the blame for our clubs shortcomings.

Dictators have a record of blaming all others for any apparent faults whilst on the other hand assuring the masses that everything is rosey.

In the end they will take their money and pride and bail out still blaming others.

Who you referring to here Nulla? Bucks or Maxy or some other leader. Last I checked Bucks didn't say that only the players would be reviewed. Pretty sure he said every position in the club from players to coaches to fitness staff would be up review....

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 am

nulla wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Sooky sooky la la...................... Rolling Eyes Whinge, whinge, whinge!!!

We lost, get over it. Only ONE team wins the flag and guess what? This year it’s not going to be us. Build a bloody bridge! At least just TRY to balance out your perceived negatives with a bit of reality; the many positives with the young players coming up, the club in a fantastic financial position, good draft picks and a better AFL draw coming up etc.

Or else just bloody whinge, whine, sook, and cry your arse out for the next six months, much preferably somewhere else...... Rolling Eyes
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 am

When oh when are we going to have a plan to counter the spare man in defence? Poor old Trav smashed repeatedly by 2 or 3 players everytime he goes near the ball. Poor coaching.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:16 am

thompsoc wrote:
When oh when are we going to have a plan to counter the spare man in defence? Poor old Trav smashed repeatedly by 2 or 3 players everytime he goes near the ball. Poor coaching.

2014 at the earliest!!! Smile Wink

Sorry you gotta keep smiling, right?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:34 pm

I forgot to post on this thread after this match, but here are my thoughts about the game.

This was a really disappointing performance and I was quite shocked that our season is already finished initially, but at the end of the day we were never good enough and even if we somehow won in the end I doubt we would have beaten Geelong in the Semi Finals despite beating them earlier in the year.

Our skill level was shocking on Saturday night. Our ball use was poor and we were constantly turning it over. Our delivery into the forward line was average and Port's defensive set up was always going to make it difficult for us to score a lot of goals in the end. I feel that Buckley and his assistants didn't learn from Port game earlier in the year where the Power dictated the game. I have to admit Ken Hinkley is an excellent coach for the Power and he's done wonders with them.

Dane Swan was our best player for the night and I couldn't help but admire Marley's effort all night. He never stopped trying and Beams and Ball were decent, but overall I hope they have injury-free years next year. I love Heater, but he seriously needs to pull his head in. I'm well aware that he has ADHD so maybe that's a part of the reason for his brain fades, but nevertheless I feel it needs to be addressed. I don't feel trading him would be the right thing to do, but I don't think I'd be disappointed if we did intend to go down that path anyway. We'll see how it plays out.

I'm glad that the players weren't involved with Mad Monday celebrations yesterday. That just goes to show that Buckley is serious with our future and wants to get down to business to hopefully make 2014 and beyond a successful one. Jolly's already gone and I'm expecting a few more to be gone in the next few weeks as well.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Pa Marmo wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, " I support Nathan Buckley and what he is trying to achieve". Who wants to join me?

If Daisy stays, great, if he chooses to go, so sad, too bad, thanks for coming and all the best, but if you go to carlscum I hope you fail.

Get over the loss guys, suck it up and lets move on.

I'm with you Pa.

Hear hear!!

THIS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: