Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Port downs Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
We have very few elite skilled players on our list imo. The pre-season should be spent perfecting kicking skills.

That's what happens when you don't bottom out, you always miss out on those elite top draft picks. Compounded by trading first round picks for Wood & Jolly. And 2 years of compromised drafts.

Have confidence Kennedy, Broomhead and Grundy will be very good. Maybe Ramsay as well. Need to get another gun (or 2) in this years draft.
Visdom 

Success takes planning

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Can not run with the best running teams, poor skills, and can't get the basics of football right. Intellectial knowledge and planning lacking. Major major concerns.
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Even when we had the momentum, Port were able to regain it partly due to our hopeless disposal inside 50. Sure Cloke was tagged teamed, but the disposal inside 50 lost us a game we could have won.
Port got every match up and were able to dictate the match tempo for much of the game.
A few blokes picked the finals to put in poor games: Reid, Elliott, Dwyer and Shaw were hopeless.

^ This
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Well that performance was pretty much par for the season really. Skill level was poor as its often been this year. A few players out to lunch this game also. I'm still not convinced by Buckley. Keefe isn't a forward and neither is Reid. Send Reid back down back alongside of Brown who desperately needs support. We desperately need a real centre half forward and dont tell me Lynch is one. He's given us little all season and has no potential for development unlike the player we got rid of to get him. The game plan was all over the shop as usual and there is no doubt the better coach won on the night.

Oh well C'est la guerre. see you in 2014 maybe.

piester 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:41 pm

First of all, well played Port Adelaide. They were hungrier, ran harder and wanted the ball more than us. The game was always ours to lose, especially with a lot of people worrying about the 6 day break to the semi. No worries now, we have a 180 day break! There does need to be some change, I do believe that some careers are at the cross roads, and some are at the end. A mini rebuild is required, and at some point the club is going to have to give players like Paine a chance to determine if he can be an AFL footballer. Time for a good hard look, and some hard decisions.
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:18 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:
It's all about the Loyalty.

You see I just don't get that. Loyalty is one of the most over-rated of the virtues. Loyalty often leads to blindness to one's own weaknesses. In a competitive world there is no place for loyalty. Everyone needs to be kept on their toes. Perform or piss off! That should be the mantra for the age.

I'm too hung over to argue. Have a good summer Jack and good luck to whoever you decide to barrack for next year.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 pm

neil wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
52,000 turn up to a Collingwood final

115,109 are in attendance at the Michigan - Notre Dame College football game....an NCAA record.

Australias population 25 million
USA population 300 million

It's a university game. It's like a VFL game drawing 100,000

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
Oh my goodness, window shut, sack the coach, sack Brown, clear out Daisy, for fuc sake people, harden the fuc up. We lost a final, on the back of our second annus horribilus in a row. Multiple injuries to key players, many interrupted pre-seasons and several minor scandals. As I posted in another thread:

Toovey back, a full unhindered pre-season into Beams, Ball, Young, Fasollo, Keefe and perhaps Daisy if he stays. Grundy and Witts to take centre stage and Lord knows what miracles Hine will work this year. Young Broomhead, who can obviously play, will get an uninterrupted pre-season and I have no doubt will debut. Perhaps a fitness department make over is on the cards and who knows what free agency is going to deliver.

I'm saddened by last night but extremely pumped for what lies ahead, bring on 2014 and the return of the MIGHTY FIIGHTING PIE.

This

Should be the Last word

Fuc the haters, get off the band wagon and don't come back.

I'd rather 30,000 real fans, than 80,000 hay balers

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Sunday Footy Show is saying 11 of our players did not have a single possession in the last ten minutes of the game last night. That is DAMNING!

But Jack, on the bright side, our forward line is rated #1 in the league for STANDING AROUND THE PADDOCK MOOING LIKE BROWN'S COWS!!
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Been very busy with work the last few days but have we had some sort of an explanation why Jolly or Huddo didn't get a go when it became known that Lynch was going to be a late out?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:16 pm

So we ended up 8th now yeah?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:27 am

Pa Marmo wrote:
Oh my goodness, window shut, sack the coach, sack Brown, clear out Daisy, for fuc sake people, harden the fuc up. We lost a final, on the back of our second annus horribilus in a row. Multiple injuries to key players, many interrupted pre-seasons and several minor scandals. As I posted in another thread:

Toovey back, a full unhindered pre-season into Beams, Ball, Young, Fasollo, Keefe and perhaps Daisy if he stays. Grundy and Witts to take centre stage and Lord knows what miracles Hine will work this year. Young Broomhead, who can obviously play, will get an uninterrupted pre-season and I have no doubt will debut. Perhaps a fitness department make over is on the cards and who knows what free agency is going to deliver.

I'm saddened by last night but extremely pumped for what lies ahead, bring on 2014 and the return of the MIGHTY FIIGHTING PIE.

Count me in on this. Top posting, Pa Marno. Back you 100% on this. We have a tremendous young ruck duo ready to roll, and young talent stramrollering its way into the senior side: players like Williams, Broomhead, and Seedsman will star in 2014, and that young prospect D. Thomas is worth a look.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:09 am

Tannin wrote:
Pa Marmo wrote:

Count me in on this. Top posting, Pa Marno. Back you 100% on this. We have a tremendous young ruck duo ready to roll, and young talent stramrollering its way into the senior side: players like Williams, Broomhead, and Seedsman will star in 2014, and that young prospect D. Thomas is worth a look.

You don't like Toovey all of a sudden? Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:52 am

ANNODAM wrote:
So we ended up 8th now yeah?
A draft pick before the Blues? Woo Hoo
think better 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:23 am

One of my Port friends just sent this

Thought for the week:-

ASSume nothing (and enjoy the longer than 6 day break)

Touche

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: