Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Port downs Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePieMind wrote:
Very hard to understand today's result - when you win every important stat and still lose, there has to be a logical explanation.

I think we are beginning to see the evolution of a new game plan who's leading exponents are Hinkley and Lyon.

The slingshot, counter attacking game plan that relies on outnumbering in defense is a style the we need to counter and quickly.

Cloke and Reid are totally ineffective against 8 defenders as was the case for most of the night.

Do we have the list or coaching talent to meet the challenge only time will tell

Both Bucks and Scott were completely ineffective in countering this game plan today.

The game plan is called flooding, been around for a while now, unless you go small up forward or take them on from 45 to 55 ...you get what we got tonight. .
To much of this playing the game on our terms shit and not enough thjnking outside the box. ..you could fair dinkum wreck a tv a weekend watching our coaching staff ask our players to hold to the same dreadful structures while this is happening.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:08 am

Aren't Ess and Adel out of the first round? Doesn't that give us pick 10?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:09 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Aren't Ess and Adel out of the first round? Doesn't that give us pick 10?

Forgot about them, yeah should be pick 10 and 11 with our compo pick
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:13 am

eddiesmith wrote:
We need to come up with a way to combat teams who are able to get away with holding Cloke down in 3 on 1 contests, surely next year we will develop a Plan B. Don't think Swanny is the answer as he was good tonight but not really the player to consistently damage the opposition on the scoreboard as a forward. Caff was the option a few years back, Goldy another yet both playing defensive roles now

On the positive I thought Goldy was quite good tonight having been criticised a lot this week on here. O'Brien was a good in whilst Ball and Elliott looked a little rusty.

Hopefully Hine can do some magic with picks 11 and 12

I have to ask the question: Did you actually watch the game? You thought Harry was good but Ball was a little rusty? Seriously?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
We need to come up with a way to combat teams who are able to get away with holding Cloke down in 3 on 1 contests, surely next year we will develop a Plan B. Don't think Swanny is the answer as he was good tonight but not really the player to consistently damage the opposition on the scoreboard as a forward. Caff was the option a few years back, Goldy another yet both playing defensive roles now

On the positive I thought Goldy was quite good tonight having been criticised a lot this week on here. O'Brien was a good in whilst Ball and Elliott looked a little rusty.

Hopefully Hine can do some magic with picks 11 and 12

I have to ask the question: Did you actually watch the game? You thought Harry was good but Ball was a little rusty? Seriously?

I saw Harry bursting through tackles, providing some good forward thrusts and looking dangerous

Ball had quite a few clanger kicks, a few that barely went a couple of metre and whilst throwing himself into the packs, didn't seem to have his usual impact.
Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:18 am

Ball was injured. Shouldn't have played.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:23 am

think better wrote:
Cloke triple teamed every time

EVERY player looked to be triple teamed every time tonight.

We had many A graders down tonight. Hard to choose who our best were to be honest. Still, I'm not on the negative nelly bandwagon. There are enough on here to cover that role.

I'm looking forward to 2014. This was never going to be our year with 2 or 3 teams way ahead of us. Kids got some finals experience and will only improve.

For me the future looks bright. We have an amazing club, awesome President and a coach who will also only get better.

COLL14GWOOD!

#SIDEBYSIDE
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:31 am

Outcoached tonight. Fail for the season but pass in terms of blooding new players. Huge year next year - Buckley needs to get a top 4 spot or questions will be asked. Well done to Port.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:32 am

September 7, 2013.

Certainly a sad day for all Australians.

Someone told me there was an election today too.

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:38 am

Fairly tame on Nicks.

In the end, our disposal all day was pathetic and we were just not clean with the ball. Fumbled way too much.

In the third, we should have been 3-4 goals up, but let them back in.

Ball looked injured. Reid too I suspect as he was woeful today.

Heath Shaws brain fade didn't help our cause either.

Need to recruit some outside speed.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:42 am

Very disappointing. Not sure if we got ahead of ourselves but almost like we expected Pendles, Swan and Cloke to get on top and wrestle things our way.

Skills, not for the first time were deplorable. Marley, Maxwell et alia are serial butchers and it almost becomes contagious.

Outcoached. Can't believe Bucks experiments with Keefe up forward while Westoff outmarks Heath Shaw down the other end and the coach retains that structure for the whole game. Didn't try and pinpoint too many passes either. Won inside 50's by around 15 and opposition has about 12-13 more scoring shots.

An effective crumbing forward would be handy. Plenty of crumbs tonight but Port mopped up most of them with ease.

To be honest, we were pretty terrible with our disposal but their class amongst their Top 10 picks showed - Wingard, Wines, Hartlett were generally pretty good.

Even the addition of Toovey and Thomas won't matter much if we play and are coached with such a lack of an ability to execute differently when something isn't working next year.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:43 am

Do not understand why Buckley did not have a plan to counter Port's flooding of our forward line. Do not understand why he didnt have a counter punch to exploit the fact that when Port had three men dragging Cloke down we would have had two men free. I am so gutted that we went down so badly after getting five points ahead in the last quarter.
But yes, we have not been convincing this year...and just getting over the line against PA would hardly be good enough to beat Geelong...or Fremantle at home! Glad the year is over...but Nathan Buckley needs to regroup with coaching staff and develop a far more effective game plan over the summer break.
On the up side, we have some fine young players now developing... but everything depends on effective coaching and a far better game plan in 2014.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:46 am

Our disposal was terrible.

THank you Collingwood for the season.

In the words of Jeff Fenech " I love ewes all"

As for the game: If many of us could see that Keefe plays best when he plays back why couldn't our coaching staff se that too?

Our disposal was simply appalling, disgraceful.

Heath Shaw you should apologise for your ill disciplined display - sucked in easily & he should have been benched. he needs to play higher up the ground.

I thought in many ways our senior list let us down tonight with poor decision making & poor disposal.

The coaching was not inspiring. Bucks needs to have a GHL.

Marely Williams: Well played son. Great game.

Beamer great game too.

Goldy not too bad a game

Black September.

The context: For much of the year

Massive injury list
Unstable line up
Lots of young kids
Players returning from injury

Again thank you Collingwood for the season. Disappointed yes. But I look forward to a New Year, with drafting to come

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:47 am

Do not understand why Buckley did not have a plan to counter Port's flooding of our forward line. Do not understand why he didnt have a counter punch to exploit the fact that when Port had three men dragging Cloke down we would have had two men free. I am so gutted that we went down so badly after getting five points ahead in the last quarter.
But yes, we have not been convincing this year...and just getting over the line against PA would hardly be good enough to beat Geelong...or Fremantle at home! Glad the year is over...but Nathan Buckley needs to regroup with coaching staff and develop a far more effective game plan over the summer break.
On the up side, we have some fine young players now developing... but everything depends on effective coaching and a far better game plan in 2014.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:58 am

Pathetic end to a pathetic season. This side racks the cue like no other I can recall. We have lost the edge and are now fighting to stay competitive. Our style is TAC cup standard and skill level cannot hold up to finals intensity.

I question our fitness as we don't run games out well anymore. Our players are dumb and make poor decisions, we move the ball with no creativity or variety. We have a lot of kids yes but are they really any good? Not proven yet but tonight they didn't stand up which is not a good sign for me.

5 minutes in I knew we were stuffed. Unaccountable midfield again, port players free bloody everywhere and we were absolutely slaughtered in the air, just murdered. Lynch out, small in, freaking useless.

Good riddance to 2013, what an underwhelming season packed with some of the worst football imaginable, except for 2 great games it has been a disaster.

MONCO: Your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: