Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Port downs Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Could'nt fault the effort Didn't take our chances simple as that some bad misses early and skill errors. They did it to cloke in rd 14 and the same tonight and we left it could have made a change. Port just hung in there.

Last edited by STOKA35 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Even when we had the momentum, Port were able to regain it partly due to our hopeless disposal inside 50. Sure Cloke was tagged teamed, but the disposal inside 50 lost us a game we could have won.
Port got every match up and were able to dictate the match tempo for much of the game.
A few blokes picked the finals to put in poor games: Reid, Elliott, Dwyer and Shaw were hopeless.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Whoever cleared the scoreboard ... good call
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:42 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
Could'nt fault the effort Didn't take our chances simple as that some bad misses early and skill errors. They did it to cloke in rd 14 and the same tonight and we left it could have made a change. Port just hung in there.
Like who, specifically?
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Now we have to listen to sam "I am a retard" lane. By the way,for all of U dick.heads bagging lynch, get a clue. No coincidence he misses and we lose. Do U people understand nothing about structures and playing roles?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Disappointing end to the season but well done to the club.

40 players used, 8 debutants, less than 10 games out of Jolly, Ball, Thomas, Toovey, Fasolo, Beams, Didak, Johnson, Krakouer, Young, Russell, Paine.... probably others...

Did well to make the 8 in the circumstances, reload for 2014!

Go Pies!
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Very hard to understand today's result - when you win every important stat and still lose, there has to be a logical explanation.

I think we are beginning to see the evolution of a new game plan who's leading exponents are Hinkley and Lyon.

The slingshot, counter attacking game plan that relies on outnumbering in defense is a style the we need to counter and quickly.

Cloke and Reid are totally ineffective against 8 defenders as was the case for most of the night.

Do we have the list or coaching talent to meet the challenge only time will tell.

Both Bucks and Scott were completely ineffective in countering this game plan today.
ApplesKuwait 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Rushed home to watch last 8 minutes only to see us look tentative, listless and timid. Letting Wingard stroll into an open goal because not a single defender stayed down, said it all for me.
Seems we were out-payed for most of the day (from what I read) and seeing Pendles kick out on the full under no pressure in the last quarter, you have to say, it just wasn't our night. Comprehensively out-coached????? I leave that to those who watched the whole game.
Look, we never, ever looked convincing this year let's be honest. Better to bow out now and reassess our whole year.
Thanks for the memories Dids.

pieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:55 pm

I suspected we would lose after playing in that heat 6 days earlier. Should have rested 12 players last week like freo did!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:01 am

For some inane PC reason, my last post on this was deleted by our sensitive mods so I say again -

What a shithouse day this has been, big ears abbott wins, and we lose a game we lost thru terrible, terrible and unfogiveable skills errors. Our field kicking was woeful, and cloke and reid put in absolute shockers. Never have I seen us butcher the ball so much, we literally handed the pricks the game on a platter.

We have some long, long hardthinking to do now, we need real mongrel in this side, we need to recruit some hard buggers ala that ballantyne and Crowley types. Bucks has one more year to get things right, he is on notice now, we must have a big preseason, and he must refresh himself, and come up with some vastly better strategies and tactics, to win hard finals footy. We have a lot of great young kids, they will improve a lot still, and our vets are still young enough to make us a very competitive outfit.
But, on two fronts tonight was bad, a very forgettable day, really. big sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:02 am

What was with the sudden urge to play 3 lumbering hulks in the forward line? And as good as he was, why was Swan played as a permanent forward?

Seemed to me that the coaches thought they were a bit too clever and tried to tweak the gameplan. You never, never experiment on game day and this whole shamozzle reeked of experimentation.

At least we'll have pick 11 or 12 (Priority picks aside) in the draft, it'll be nice to have a highish pick for a change. Might be able to wrangle 1 or 2 other decent picks too.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:03 am

We get a Top 10 draft pick! Number 9 if Carlton beat Rich. Pretty good result. The horrendous thing is, Carlton, after their woeful year, outlast us by at least one day. The world is trully unbfair.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:04 am

Piesnchess wrote:
What a shithouse day this has been, big ears abbott wins, and we lose a game we lost thru terrible, terrible and unfogiveable skills errors..

It's days like this that make premierships worth something
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:05 am

Double post somehow.

Last edited by Wokko on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:05 am

Big T wrote:
Now we have to listen to sam "I am a retard" lane. By the way,for all of U dick.heads bagging lynch, get a clue. No coincidence he misses and we lose. Do U people understand nothing about structures and playing roles?

Yep, structure was totally killed tonight, swinging Keefe forward/ruck didn't work and when Reid was being smashed, Cloke held down by 3 players, Lynch could have made a difference

We need to come up with a way to combat teams who are able to get away with holding Cloke down in 3 on 1 contests, surely next year we will develop a Plan B. Don't think Swanny is the answer as he was good tonight but not really the player to consistently damage the opposition on the scoreboard as a forward. Caff was the option a few years back, Goldy another yet both playing defensive roles now

On the positive I thought Goldy was quite good tonight having been criticised a lot this week on here. O'Brien was a good in whilst Ball and Elliott looked a little rusty.

Hopefully Hine can do some magic with picks 11 and 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: