Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Elim. Final. Pies v. Port - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Some tough decisions to be made at selection this week. All of Ball, O'Brien, Elliott, Sinclair, Jolly, Hudson, Young, Frost, Witts, Krakouer, Martin, and Mooney must be in the picture. Just who and for whom is the million $ ?.

Mooney? In an AFL final? That's priceless.

Among the best in the VFL final so has to be under consideration. Not saying he'll get a game, just that his name will be on the whiteboard at selection.

Others such as Caolan Mooney (15 possessions, three inside 50s), Peter Yagmoor (17 possessions, five rebound 50s) and Jack Frost (five marks) all contributed well.

Best - Collingwood: Hellier, Martin, Yagmoor, Frost, S.Williams, Mooney
Port Melbourne: Pinwall, Skipper, Rowe, Pleming, Batsanis, Hughes

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-08-31/season-over-but-tapping-keeps-perspective

Does that mean Yagmoor might be a chance for a September promotion? Wink

As for your list of players, I think it can be divided into three categories:

1) Play if fit: Ball, O'Brien, possibly Elliott and Young
2) Decent replacements should someone go down with injury: Sinclair, Hudson, Frost
3) Can play if necessary (but far from essential): Jolly, Krakoeur, Martin, Witts, Mooney

At the moment, we need to be looking to get Ball and O'Brien into the side if either are available. That means Kennedy and Russell probably go out. Next, Hudson becomes the natural replacement if Lynch can't get up, and if Brown is injured either Frost comes in or Russell retains his spot.

Further issues to ponder over is whether Elliott comes in for Didak or Young comes in for Seedsman. I would lean against making these changes, however—it's important that we take in as stable a line-up as possible.

Therefore, I'd be expecting the changes to go something like this:

In: Ball, O'Brien, Hudson
Out: Kennedy, Brown (inj), Lynch (inj)

Emergencies can be Frost, Young and Elliott.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Some tough decisions to be made at selection this week. All of Ball, O'Brien, Elliott, Sinclair, Jolly, Hudson, Young, Frost, Witts, Krakouer, Martin, and Mooney must be in the picture. Just who and for whom is the million $ ?.

Agree with all considerations except for Mooney, Witts and possibly Frost (if Brown is OK).

Did you watch the VFL game Laz?

Mooney was among the best players and that has to have him under consideration. Not suggesting that he'd get a game ahead of an Elliott, Dwyer or Didak, just that he'll be considered.

Witts didn't have the best game Saturday but played predominantly as a forward because of Hudson and Jolly. Did ok when thrown onto the ball. If Lynch doesn't come up then all 3 of Jolly, Hudson and Witts would be discussed as possible replacements.

Frost just starting to find form and wouldn't be considered ahead of Brown, Keeffe, Goldsack and Maxwell but Brown may not get up and Keeffe apparently hobbled off late in the game.

Yes I watched the VFL Daz.

You have mentioned some players who will be considered but not very seriously.

I think you'll find that the in's will be from Elliot, O'Brien, Ball, Jolly, and possibly Hudson Sinclair and Young, all depending on the outs of course.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Agree with all considerations except for Mooney, Witts and possibly Frost (if Brown is OK).

Mooney was among the best players and that has to have him under consideration. Not suggesting that he'd get a game ahead of an Elliott, Dwyer or Didak, just that he'll be considered.

Witts didn't have the best game Saturday but played predominantly as a forward because of Hudson and Jolly. Did ok when thrown onto the ball. If Lynch doesn't come up then all 3 of Jolly, Hudson and Witts would be discussed as possible replacements.

Frost just starting to find form and wouldn't be considered ahead of Brown, Keeffe, Goldsack and Maxwell but Brown may not get up and Keeffe apparently hobbled off late in the game.

I think you'll find that the in's will be from Elliot, O'Brien, Ball, Jolly, and possibly Hudson Sinclair and Young, all depending on the outs of course.

Gee, I thought that was what I said.

And I'm fairly sure the bias of posters on this forum won't be a factor when they consider all the options and name what they think will be the best possible squad.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:38 pm

David wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Mooney? In an AFL final? That's priceless.

Among the best in the VFL final so has to be under consideration. Not saying he'll get a game, just that his name will be on the whiteboard at selection.

Others such as Caolan Mooney (15 possessions, three inside 50s), Peter Yagmoor (17 possessions, five rebound 50s) and Jack Frost (five marks) all contributed well.

Best - Collingwood: Hellier, Martin, Yagmoor, Frost, S.Williams, Mooney
Port Melbourne: Pinwall, Skipper, Rowe, Pleming, Batsanis, Hughes

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-08-31/season-over-but-tapping-keeps-perspective

Does that mean Yagmoor might be a chance for a September promotion? Wink

As for your list of players, I think it can be divided into three categories:

1) Play if fit: Ball, O'Brien, possibly Elliott and Young
2) Decent replacements should someone go down with injury: Sinclair, Hudson, Frost
3) Can play if necessary (but far from essential): Jolly, Krakoeur, Martin, Witts, Mooney

At the moment, we need to be looking to get Ball and O'Brien into the side if either are available. That means Kennedy and Russell probably go out. Next, Hudson becomes the natural replacement if Lynch can't get up, and if Brown is injured either Frost comes in or Russell retains his spot.

Further issues to ponder over is whether Elliott comes in for Didak or Young comes in for Seedsman. I would lean against making these changes, however—it's important that we take in as stable a line-up as possible.

Therefore, I'd be expecting the changes to go something like this:

In: Ball, O'Brien, Hudson
Out: Kennedy, Brown (inj), Lynch (inj)

Emergencies can be Frost, Young and Elliott.

That's all I'm saying David.... they'll be considered.

PS: While I don't think Yagmoor has done enough to warrant a senior final, I did think his game Saturday provides strong justification for him getting another year on the rookie list.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 pm

5150 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Would have been nice to see him get the Coleman. Can't stand the thug that got it

Roughy is a deserving winner and (seems like) a good bloke.

I think you may be thinking of Franklin.

Don't like either

Hate them all

All yellow an pooh thugs

Yuk yuk yuk

Stamps foot

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:08 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Gee, I thought that was what I said.

And I'm fairly sure the bias of posters on this forum won't be a factor when they consider all the options and name what they think will be the best possible squad.

If you read the thread, I think your beef is not with me but with Raw Hammer who said sarcastically that some of your selections were priceless. You should have a go at HIM. Mad Evil or Very Mad

FWIW, I just merely think that a few on your player list deserve LESS consideration than others, NOT nil consideration..... Shocked And none are a priceless choice.... Rolling Eyes
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Lazza wrote:
If you read the thread, I think your beef is not with me but with Raw Hammer who said sarcastically that some of your selections were priceless. You should have a go at HIM. Mad Evil or Very Mad

FWIW, I just merely think that a few on your player list deserve LESS consideration than others, NOT nil consideration..... Shocked And none are a priceless choice.... Rolling Eyes

I don't have a beef with anyone Laz and I did respond to RH, as I did you.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:17 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:

I DO have a beef with idiotic posters like Raw Hammer (on this thread) and eternal negative nellies like Spain on other threads....... Rolling Eyes
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:33 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Lazza that is some of your finest emoticon work! Smile Shocked Mad Razz Embarassed

www.facebook/the hybernators
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Is Krakouer injured? Why didn't he play in our VFL final?
----------
------------
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Why does the sun rise?
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Dropped for not attending training. Fantastic work ethic.
----------
------------
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:29 pm

3rd degree wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Lazza that is some of your finest emoticon work! Smile Shocked Mad Razz Embarassed

BEST compliment ever on Nick's....... Laughing Exclamation Cool
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:

I DO have a beef with idiotic posters like Raw Hammer (on this thread) and eternal negative nellies like Spain on other threads....... Rolling Eyes

How about pork?

P.S-That aint an invitation. Wink

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Post subject: Changes V Port.Reply with quote

Outs: Lynch, Kennedy, Thomas, Russell (omitted)

Ins: Hudson, Harry, Ball, Elliott.

Think we can make the prelim if things go right, we have to many inexperienced players to test the better teams 3 weeks in a row.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15   

Jump to: