Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Elimination Final - Collingwood vs Port Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Farrell.

74-92.

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:43 pm

gonna be hard now
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Gotta wonder if Buttifant is doing his job properly.

Can't out last a VFL side FFS.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Kelly sends it straight onto the chest of Pleming...

Why not? Let's butcher the *&^*(&%$% thing some more...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:45 pm

Jolly has racked up hitout after hitout, but I'll be £$%$ed if more than 2 or 3 have been to advantage...
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:48 pm

comedy capers
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:48 pm

O'Farrell again.

74-98.

27 1/2 gone...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:52 pm

O'Farrell, ROWE.

Julian. Freekin'. ROWE!!!!

74-104.

This is a rout.

A f---ing ROUT!!!

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:56 pm

Hellier, to see the job out after the siren... goal.

FULL TIME.

Collingwood 12.8.80
Port Melbourne 16.9.105

MOTR 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:10 pm

MagpieBat wrote:

FULL TIME.

Collingwood 12.8.80
Port Melbourne 16.9.105

Thanks MB.

What have you got planned for Mad Monday.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:26 pm

I thought we played ok considering we had a lot of kids and relatively inexperienced VFL players against a seasoned VFL side.

Jolly let us down, he should be showing a hell of a lot more leadership.

Ticks to Hellier, Martin, Mooney, Broomhead, Frost, Wallace and I thought Jake Kelly showed a bit.
Larry 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Thanks Magpie Bat

Great job for the year.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:51 pm

Some thoughts, and feel free to pick them apart...

Jolly - Hitout after hitout straight to the Port mids. He jumped at some centre bounces, but it's almost like he was trying to say "See? I CAN still get off the ground!" This bloke is supposed to be the One True Ruckman, yet he couldn't beat Wayde Skipper. I hear people saying Jolly in, Lynch out, Jolly will save us, he'll be right, we'll get back to how it was in 2010. NO WAY. Finished. Do you people hear me? FINISHED!!!

Paine - Outplayed, outmarked all day. Once again, he was crucified by our Ammos grade kicks inside 50, and by our lack of accountability in manning up their spare. But some of his efforts were just pathetic. Has gone full headcase on us now, has become the new Cloke with his moronic shanks. Unfortunately for Jacko, he doesn't have Domir Cloke for a manager to negotiate a nice 5 year deal. Papers are stamped, I suspect. Must have been caught looking at those photos Sinclair has. Patrick Karnezis, come on down...

Yagmoor - Started a bit wobbly, but did some pretty good things. Just such a frustrating player: one quarter he is a silky smooth operator, the next he's a deadweight. Borderline call on weather to retain or not.

Young - At times excellent (THAT courageous mark, got pole-axed for his troubles) but also at times shocking (that out on the full kick, for example). The VFL side being bundled out now effectively puts him out of the running for the AFL side this year. Get him right for 2014, his long kicking and run-and-carry can be a real weapon for us.

Frost - Our best with Hellier, tried his guts out and held Galea for the most part, but piss-poor defence screwed the Iceman over and allowed Galea a couple of cheapies. A more that adequate backup to Brown/Keeffe. Should be elevated at the expense of Maxwell's spot on the list, as harsh as it sounds, but the captain wants to go around again, so Frosty probably gets another year as a rookie. Must keep.

Hellier - A warrior all day, probably our best alongside Frost, all season has been dependable, but kick after $£$%^%%$ kick smothered, momentum killers. Captain of the VFL side needs to do more than just turn it over. Has been massive for us this year, but his good work was been undermined by missed opportunities. Can hold his head high.

Kelly - Not the best of days. His butchered entry inside 50 late in the last perhaps told the story. Would have as a rookie under the new F/S rules. Something to work with.

Martin - Tagged hard by Dillion all day. Bobbed up for a goal when needed in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but MIA in the last. Would elevate to the senior list, because his best this year has been spectacular. Needs help at VFL level, gets the opposition's hard tag week in, week out. Desperately missed Krakouer and Moloney to help him in the middle. Lots to work with.

Ramsay - Average. Butchered the ball on more than one occasion. Has missed a lot of footy this year. Could still be a handy little player, but don't expect the world, at least not next year.

Broomhead - Looked like an 18 year old kid who caught glandular fever in the pre-season at times, which is exactly what he is. Some good efforts, but without a pre-season, he was going to run out of juice at some point. Disposal not to his usual standard, but not the worst either. Needs a big pre-season. Will be a keeper, but needs time.

Richmond - Pack your bags and go back to Tasmania. Derek Hine, you slayed the draft pretty much last year and have single-handedly built this list, terrific stuff. But the decision to recruit this kid, I'll say it and cop the heat... MASSIVE. FAIL.

Heagney-Steart - Has been dependable and at times very good for us this year, often filling holes in a defence which has often been undermanned and under siege. But he put in an absolute shocker today. Was crucified by the umps, but then, who wasn't?

Ferguson - First game back in a while, was reasonable without being outstanding. Was handy at times, has been all year.

Wallace - Another one who did pretty well. Is sort-of living the dream, as a Collingwood supporter from down Frankston way, playing for the VFL side. Some clever passes at times, showed courage at others.

Mooney - Was good in the first half. Needs to learn how to utilize his speed better. Give him another year, still something to work with.

Witts - Quiet day, playing 3rd fiddle to Jolly/Hudson. Looked out of gas. Highlight was probably that contested mark in the first. Needs another 2-3 pre-seasons before he becomes something. Also needs how to utilize his height, getting out-marked like that... facepalm...

Oxley - Had a shocker in the first, was playing the +1 for us. Hasn't really been the same since he was dropped after 2 games as the sub in the seniors. Lean towards retaining, another who needs a good off-season.

Hudson - Has been an inspired pickup simply because of the effect he has had on Grundy and Witts, but not the best of games. We will need to replace him with somebody next year (as a rookie). Was the better player out of him and Jolly. If Grundy has to miss a final for any reason, use Huddo and punt Jolly back to The Age.

Umpires - Go **** yourselves! Enough said.

We badly missed Krakouer, who was decisive in round 12 (Mason was holding the line that he "didn't complete the requisite amount of training" or some such waffle. When you look at it in the context of his poor pre-season/personal problems/laziness at times, it doesn't look a pretty picture) We could of used Russell, who had to be held over. We needed Moloney on the inside. Fasolo, Clarke would also have been handy.

Who was supposed to be manning Pleming, who murdered us as their +1? Who's idea was it to not pick an inside ball winner in Moloney for the final side, when we needed more grunt against their mids? Who the **** was on Rowe, or O'Farrell in the last? Rowe is a spud, yet kicked 4 goals. He was the $£$%^%%$ winning margin off his own boot!

That's my thoughts for the moment. Whack away...

Last edited by MagpieBat on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:52 pm

MOTR wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

FULL TIME.

Collingwood 12.8.80
Port Melbourne 16.9.105

Thanks MB.

What have you got planned for Mad Monday.

The same thing I do every night, Pinky - try to take over the AFL!

Laughing
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks for all your work throughout your year MB.

We're desperately lacking on field leadership, no one capable of taking the game by the scruff of the neck stuff.

I'd like to see us pick up some delisted AFL players to strengthen the side.

I think Tim Allen was playing on Pleming for most of the match.

Poor Hellier and Martin had no help through the midfield.

As you surmised there might be quiet a few guys gone next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: