Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies wallop Weagles - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
woftam wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Rick wrote:
TheJonesBoy wrote:
We seem to have a tendency to over handball at times, or dish off to a bloke either running straight into traffic or with a bloke on his hammer.

Eradicate this, get the ball on the foot more often, and just tidy up a few of the basic skill errors and the sky's the limit!!

If there's one thing I took out of the game, is that Ben Kennedy will not handball or pass to a teammate anywhere within 70m of goal.

I'm prepared to cut him a bit if slack. Kennedy was very keen to pass off in his earlier games and just wasn't getting it quite right and it often resulted in intercepts or turnovers. I reckon he's just getting used to the pace of the game and as he grows more comfortable his decision making will improve.

Loads of talent. Needs to work hard on his foot skills though. I'm sure he & the coaching staff know that. Will be a very good player for us.

Totally agree. I'm a fan.

Agree here too. Kennedy has talent to burn but is experiencing teething problems just like a few other youngsters. They will hopefully learn.

However regarding the team, we need to treat the North game as a fair dinkum finals rehearsal and not just another walk in the park where so many opportunities are wasted. It was bloody frustrating to watch at times the way Collingwood fumbled and turned it over when in a great position to score. And not only the youngsters were to blame.
Winning is a habit and winning finals is usually far harder so we must get our total finals act together sooner rather than later if we are to make meaningful progress this year. Need to lift to a level of football consistency that should be a club standard.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

North game will be good for defensive practice against teams that move quickly out of their back half. Opportunity to smash L. Thomas too. It's overdue.

We took the ball through the corridor quite a bit on Friday night. Loved the goal with Keeffe handballing to Swanny who finished off the chain. Exciting stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: