Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies wallop Weagles - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from a very sluggish last quarter, great game.
Good to send the Weagles home with their tails between their legs.
It will keep the media and the dickhead supporters quiet for a while.

Go Pies.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:43 am

Cue in the rack after quarter time, but what a great quarter it was. Went on cruise control for Q2 and Q3 then turned off the engine and rolled home in the last.

Might be a live game next week with the Roos desperate to win. Have a long break anyway but then a short break before finals with no more weeks off (elimination finals suck), so do we rest players or keep the Blitzkrieg rolling?
TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:26 am

We seem to have a tendency to over handball at times, or dish off to a bloke either running straight into traffic or with a bloke on his hammer.

Eradicate this, get the ball on the foot more often, and just tidy up a few of the basic skill errors and the sky's the limit!!

And well done Dids, I dont care what others think, or whether you play another game for the club, but your Sir have been the one player I have paid good money to see play in the black and white over the past decade, and you have done so with distinction.

For that I thank you, and hope we see more of the great man in September, in the vest or otherwise.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:43 am

17 players sent a strong message to Bucks last night. The love for Dids is strong.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:10 am

Shocked to see Kevin Bartlett running around in the number 27 last night.

Ben Kennedy - HUNGRY.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:14 am

TheJonesBoy wrote:
We seem to have a tendency to over handball at times, or dish off to a bloke either running straight into traffic or with a bloke on his hammer.

Eradicate this, get the ball on the foot more often, and just tidy up a few of the basic skill errors and the sky's the limit!!

If there's one thing I took out of the game, is that Ben Kennedy will not handball or pass to a teammate anywhere within 70m of goal.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:34 am

jack_spain wrote:
We scored more in the first quarter than in the last three quarters. Coasting?

It's an attitude thing. If we don't go for the jugular one of the top teams will thump us.

They were focused on keeping the wee girls scoreless.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:48 am

Maybe my expectations are overly high, but after the first quarter I thought we were simply awful. Even Mr Perfect Pendlebury fumbled and made uncharacteristic errors. Good to see our backline play hard, aggressive footy with Brown, Shaw and Williams all excellent. Grundy held his own against Cox, Swanny worked hard, Seeds took his chance and played possibly his best game. We all love Dids, as do the players, but he doesn't fit into my best team unless we get another spate of injuries. It's a game of high intensity and when we are at our best, a brutal game of run, spread and carry. Dids can't play that way now. If Ball and Beams need more rest, then Dids did enough to play again next week, otherwise, I can't see him forcing players like Thomas and Dwyer out; Kennedy maybe!
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Maybe my expectations are overly high, but after the first quarter I thought we were simply awful. Even Mr Perfect Pendlebury fumbled and made uncharacteristic errors. Good to see our backline play hard, aggressive footy with Brown, Shaw and Williams all excellent. Grundy held his own against Cox, Swanny worked hard, Seeds took his chance and played possibly his best game. We all love Dids, as do the players, but he doesn't fit into my best team unless we get another spate of injuries. It's a game of high intensity and when we are at our best, a brutal game of run, spread and carry. Dids can't play that way now. If Ball and Beams need more rest, then Dids did enough to play again next week, otherwise, I can't see him forcing players like Thomas and Dwyer out; Kennedy maybe!

Once the game was over (about quarter time) the cue went well and truly in the rack. Bruise free footy galore.

R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:28 pm

TheJonesBoy wrote:

And well done Dids, I dont care what others think, or whether you play another game for the club, but your Sir have been the one player I have paid good money to see play in the black and white over the past decade, and you have done so with distinction.

For that I thank you, and hope we see more of the great man in September, in the vest or otherwise.

Here here!

Just when I thought all emotion had been drained from the game and the club - glad I made the trip in to soak it up last night - in an otherwise drab affair.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:16 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Well done Dane Swan. That handball to Didak was priceless. Great to see Dids back. Now play him in the finals Buckley!

Josh Thomas - best game

Marley Williams - best game

Brodie Grundy - not as good as last week, but against Cox he was just as impressive.

Overall a very pleasing win except for the last three quarters of boring football. When our scoring dries up we are one of the more boring sides to watch. If I see a player drill a pass backwards 50 metres again I will go ape! Evil or Very Mad

Well said Jack. I was personally very disappointed with the win lat night. We need to go for the jugular like you say and stop this outrageous coasting we seem to do.

We have two styles I find. Lazy coasting when we know the opposition are no good and a win is a certainty. The second style is the wave the white flag early when a side like Hawthorn turn up the heat on us.

Lets get this sorted or we will not rise beyond a good ordinary side not capable of winning a flag.
Not happy with our efforts in the last quarter. Try that against Hawthorn and Geelong and it's curtains.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:03 pm

WE win by over ten goals and still the glass half empty brigade whinge, well, they know who they are. ! IM pretty pleased with the win, we eased off a bit in the last, game well won, but probably thinking of the Roos next week, conserve some energy and no injuries, like Ball. Pleasing win and a good tune up all round.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Rick wrote:
TheJonesBoy wrote:

If there's one thing I took out of the game, is that Ben Kennedy will not handball or pass to a teammate anywhere within 70m of goal.

Yeah noticed that too. He and Josh Thomas both.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 pm

A very good and professional win. We weren't that good after quarter time, but nevertheless we had the game already won by then and I think that first quarter demonstrated our superiority over the Eagles last night. It did seem like that we were conserving energy for next week's match against North Melbourne.

An excellent game by Dane Swan yet again and while Pendles did make some uncharacteristic errors at certain times, he was still very good. I was extremely impressed by our youngsters last night in Josh Thomas, Marley Williams, Paul Seedsman and of course Brodie Grundy who came up against probably the best ruckman of the past decade. All four boys were very impressive and they all deserve their spots in the side. I love the fact that the future is already shining and there's plenty of excitement ahead for us in the long term Smile

I couldn't stop discussing this match without mentioning Alan Didak. What a lovely moment when he scored the goal in the last quarter. Every Collingwood supporter just stood as one and cheered him on. It was a brilliant moment of the match. In the third quarter when he had a free kick as a result of a deliberate out of bounds from Darren Glass, the whole Ponsford area was cheering him on before he even scored. A fantastic moment. Who knows whether he'll play again in the senior side, but if that's his last time ever, then I'll be satisfied with that. He certainly racked up the ball when he did come on and we all know that Dids has never had a strong defensive game, but I'd be willing to play him again next week provided Buckley feels it's the best thing for the club.

I'm hoping that Ball's injury isn't too serious and he can still play finals this year and that Beams' late withdrawal isn't an indication that he'll struggle to play in the finals this year.

Anyway a strong win by the boys and we have a good test next week against North Melbourne heading into the finals.

Last edited by Jezza on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
I was at the game, there was intermittent showers throughout the night that probably made the ball slippery.

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: