Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Hawks down Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
I ran the drop Maxwell poll two weeks ago and around 70% want him in the team. But look at the logical comments tonight. The great man has become too slow and error prone to play his traditional role. Jordan Russell would be a better option imo.

Yep, and I am one who has changed his tune somewhat. He's still an important leader, but part of leadership is leading by example and he just doesn't seem to be able to do that. I just can't remember the last time I thought ...."gee maxy had a good game"

I don't know what to do with him. I love the bloke, he's a club legend and I don't think he can be dropped now, but I am not sure Russell offers more in ability plus Maxy still has his number in on field organisation. Let him play the year out. We owe him that.

Next year though, the captaincy will change and his spot in the team needs to be based on form.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:52 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IT is a very, very old football saying, my late grandma used to say it, and jock McHale would have said it, and it applies especially to the Dawks. Its as true now, as it was 150 years ago, ===

" MAN UP, AND MIND YOUR MAN, NO LOOSE MEN, PICK EM UP " !!

WE allowed the Dawks too many unmanned players, and we again paid the penalty. Until we shut these pricks down, mind them properly, we will continue to struggle against them. YOU learn more from your defeats than wins, so Pies, START FCKUING LEARNING, FOR CHRISSAKES !!!!!

And it starts in the coaches box. Clarkson 5 Buckley 0 (zilch, Buckley's and Nunn).

Yeh, and it irks me badly that Bucks was 50 times the player that that little bad tempered shit was, the little man who puts holes in walls, the poisoned dwarf who abuses junior umpires and players at kids footy games,i have no time for Clarkson, a little purile wanker shithead, and I hope his Dawks yet choke again bigitme in September. Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IT is a very, very old football saying, my late grandma used to say it, and jock McHale would have said it, and it applies especially to the Dawks. Its as true now, as it was 150 years ago, ===

WE allowed the Dawks too many unmanned players, and we again paid the penalty. Until we shut these pricks down, mind them properly, we will continue to struggle against them. YOU learn more from your defeats than wins, so Pies, START FCKUING LEARNING, FOR CHRISSAKES !!!!!

And it starts in the coaches box. Clarkson 5 Buckley 0 (zilch, Buckley's and Nunn).

Yeh, and it irks me badly that Bucks was 50 times the player that that little bad tempered shit was, the little man who puts holes in walls, the poisoned dwarf who abuses junior umpires and players at kids footy games,i have no time for Clarkson, a little purile wanker shithead, and I hope his Dawks yet choke again bigitme in September. Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

Oh please. Open your eyes. They have a far far far far better list. Bucks is building for the future, they are trading for the present.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Oh please. Open your eyes. They have a far far far far better list. Bucks is building for the future, they are trading for the present.

Confused Confused Ummm..... I never mentioned the LIsts, only that Bucks was a far better player and IS a far better person than poisoned Dwarf Clarko, I made no mention of the teams they coach. Open your eyes eh. Exclamation

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Confused Confused Ummm..... I never mentioned the LIsts, only that Bucks was a far better player and IS a far better person than poisoned Dwarf Clarko, I made no mention of the teams they coach. Open your eyes eh. Exclamation

Sorry p'n'c, it wasn't aimed at you.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Laughing No probs mate, you probably meant that scallywag Jack, and his 0-5 comment on the teams, yeh, our list is far different to Hawks, a lot younger and less experienced than those hard buggers. Like the cats though, the Dawks will eventually find out that nothing lasts forever, all teams have a good run, then time catches up with their stars, and they go down somewhat. May not happen even next year with hawks and cats and swans, but it WILL happen it is inevitable, father time does catch up in the end. The Pies window is wide open, if we could just get a decent run with long term injuries at long last. Exclamation Smile

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:44 pm

September Zeros wrote:

I don't know what to do with him. I love the bloke, he's a club legend and I don't think he can be dropped now, but I am not sure Russell offers more in ability plus Maxy still has his number in on field organisation. Let him play the year out. We owe him that.

Next year though, the captaincy will change and his spot in the team needs to be based on form.

Correct! He should therefore retire at season's end.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Don't blame me about overrating our list T. How many times have I said we have the sixth best list in the AFL? Watching Freo today (even against the useless Dees) they have a list that puts ours to shame.

But the fact is people said we had the best list two years ago and Buckley hasn't done anything to take it forward - yet!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
our list is far different to Hawks, a lot younger and less experienced than those hard buggers. Like the cats though, the Dawks will eventually find out that nothing lasts forever,

God! No wonder you still vote Labor. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Two things mate!

1. It is a myth the Hawks list is much older than ours. It isn't. They have oodles of good young players (like the Dockers). Hawthorn is not going anywhere from the top four for years to come.

2. Ditto Geelong. They are (on yesterday's form) likely to beat Hawthorn for their 4th flag in seven years. Do I need to repeat that for you! Laughing Again, Geelong has added key youth to their team and don't seem to know the meaning of having to fall back down the list to rebuild for a flag.

Lists are vital, but whether Buckley has the intelligence to match it with Lyon, Clarkson, Longmire or C. Scott is yet to be proven. That is my point.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:06 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
our list is far different to Hawks, a lot younger and less experienced than those hard buggers. Like the cats though, the Dawks will eventually find out that nothing lasts forever,

God! No wonder you still vote Labor. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Two things mate!

1. It is a myth the Hawks list is much older than ours. It isn't. They have oodles of good young players (like the Dockers). Hawthorn is not going anywhere from the top four for years to come.

2. Ditto Geelong. They are (on yesterday's form) likely to beat Hawthorn for their 4th flag in seven years. Do I need to repeat that for you! Laughing Again, Geelong has added key youth to their team and don't seem to know the meaning of having to fall back down the list to rebuild for a flag.

Lists are vital, but whether Buckley has the intelligence to match it with Lyon, Clarkson, Longmire or C. Scott is yet to be proven. That is my point.

Jack, mate, we have had TEN senior guys out for most of this season-and last year, 4 knee recos, forget that do you ?-, take ten of the best out of the hawks, cats and swans and lets see how they go. AND on kids, we have played more kids this year than anyone else, that is a fact, stated only today on radio 3AW. Nobody has played as many as us, and as for the hawks, yes they have a couple of good ones, but by far, far, their team still heavily revolves around Hodge, Rioli, (take them out and we would have won the other night) Buddy (off to GWS), Hale, Roughead, Sewell, Mitchell, Lake, Gibson, all of whom are no spring chickens, and makes the Hawks tick. Likewise the Swans, its all their very senior guys like Goodes, LRT, McVeigh, Shaw, Okeefe, Bolton, who make em still tick over. Look at the cats, jeesus, take out Stevie J, Kelly, Bartel, Lonergan, Chapman, Duckwood, Stokes, and theyd be nowhere near the team they are. Im very happy with our young list, like this Grundy kid, reminds me of Peter moore, give us a decent injury run -now Daisy gone again!- and we have a huge chance next season. No wonder you are Abbotts man, nothing but NEGATIVITY ! Laughing Razz Razz Razz

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Always gets nasty on here after a loss. Laughing
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:00 pm

C.Scott is yet to beat a Buckley lead Collingwood.

Clarkson is yet to beat Geelong since GF 2008.

We just beat Sydney and Longmire.

8 debutants this year isn't it?

Yeah Buckley isn't trying anything to improve the list.

We're on the right path.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Lets face it, we didn't have to spend a top 10 draft pick and 7 years of development to produce a 2nd forward stopper.

Quite right. And that premiership he won for us in 2010 by stopping the most dangerous CHF in the league, the one no-one else could handle, yeah, that was worthless too. Let's ring up St Vomit and ask if they want the cup 'coz it's no use to us.

That's a false argument and you know it; it was team defence that won us that cup, yes, of which Brown was a part, but don't forget he came in for an injured Presi. He wouldn't be a Premiership player if it wasn't for an untimely injury, so if that's the best you got in terms of arguments, well...

Pretty childish tone to that comment as well; you do yourself no credit

But he is a premiership player numnut....and he turned out to be a vital part of that team on the day and was among the best. Ie most effective, ie most important, or contributed more so than others to us achieving that win.

He has also done a superb job all year with the exception of a game here and there. And last night was no exception.

Sadly it appears no matter how consistent he plays he will always have a few haters who malign him no matter what he does.

He's a stopper, not a line breaker. And there is room for one of those in everyteam.

And FTR They didn't go to roughhead as much last night because brown was all over him like a Taiwanese rash. Plain and simple.

Dawes played just as well in the GF and look what happened to him? A poor argument I would say, preceded with a childish taunt.

But to your proper argument; where are these exclusive defensive stoppers in the top ranked teams? Lake maybe, but he certainly provided a lot of drive in the peak of his career...Teddy Richards? Would rank him as more than a stopper....

I actually can't think of a purely defensive stopper in the better teams, but if there are some, I'll wager they aren't top ten draft picks. Happy to stand correct though.

I never said Brown played poorly; just that I think he can do/be more. I believe the original comment was that I reckoned Keefe played as well/ maybe even better.

Doesn't make me a hater, if that's your definition of a hater then I think you may be a slightly paranoid person with a chip on your shoulder; actually, that sounds about right.

To be a premiership team with a premiership backline, I believe he needs to develop his game further.

Although to be quite frank, I doubt I care as much as you obviously seem to. If that makes me a hater/non supporter/ not true Collingwood, well I guess that's me

Get a room you 2 FFS.

As for Brown, I think you're both right. BUT, the kid has still not played 100 games so there is lots of development in him. Yes, he can be a little one dimensional but I think he's showing gradual improvement in his run and carry from defence this season. Next season would expect that we'll start to see the best of him.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:20 am

rad wrote:
I have watched the game 3 times now and the key was our tackles didn't stick whilst theirs did. By slipping through our tackles it gave them an opportunity to chip to the teammate ahead of play and created links we were behind on.

They stuck their tackles which caused turnovers, they really hurt us on the scoreboard from these.

Also, they kicked a lot straighter than us.

Yep, read in the papers yesterday that 30 of the 35 points they beat us by were the direct result of turnovers.
Magpie Mustafa 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 am

I know people keep harping on about man-on-man, but the Hawks disposals are so sublime that it wouldn't make that much difference to the end result. They will still find a way to hit their targets.

Finals are a different ball game but our disposals are so woeful that I find it hard to see us beating them anytime soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: