Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Hawks down Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Big T wrote:
A good effort and a lot to take away from the game.
Umpires disgracefully biases.

what do people think of Caffs game ? Struggled for mine, as did Q stick.

Did Mitchell rip us a new one the way he normally does? thought Caff did alright...whether alright is good enough I don't know, but he wasn't disgraced. Just needs to hurt em more going the other way

they hammered mitchell. He will be sore tomorrow. But he played great.

Mitchell had 24 disposals and provided lots of run, was among their best.

Have to agree to disagree I suppose; how many clearances did Mitchell get? To rank Caffs game with Lynch's underplays Caffs effort, that's all I'm saying.

If I was to keep one and arse another, no doubt who I would pick

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
Big T wrote:

Did Mitchell rip us a new one the way he normally does? thought Caff did alright...whether alright is good enough I don't know, but he wasn't disgraced. Just needs to hurt em more going the other way

Caff or Mitchell? I didn't think Mitchell was as influential as usual...but I also didn't think Brown played a blinder, so obviously Im in the minority here

Yes, I think you are. Roughead has been the one all year tearing the opposition apart, week after week. But tonight, when the game was hot, Brown didn't let him touch it.

How many times was Brown one on one with Roughy the way Keefe was one on one with Buddy? I rather think that they went more to Buddy than Roughy.
And yes, the obvious answer to that is that they respected Brown more as a defender than the 15 game soccer player; still doesn't make Brown the messiah.

But I'm happy to stand corrected

So you are saying that if you were told before the game that Brown would keep Roughead to one goal - your reply would have been "thats not good enough"
I seriously doubt it.
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:55 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

SteveH67 wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Disgraceful effort tonight. We were under prepared and seem to learn nothing every time they beat us. I am fed up of Hawthorn kicking our arse every time we play them. Don't we learn from these defeats? Nope. They have our physical and psychological measure. Fed up of being second fiddle to a pack of spoilt brats like Hawthorn.

Our passing tonight was crap. Goal kicking was crap. Tackling was crap. And the lack of game plan was obvious.

It is no point playing finals knowing we cannot beat certain teams. Time to start tanking for draft picks.

Wow, I actually agree with HISS for a change.

Bucks and co, clearly have no idea on how to play Hawthorn at the moment.

Also, some of you are delusional if think we can still win the flag this year...this Pies team is not good, miles off a flag at the moment.

or the boys were tired from 2 pretty hard weeks of a 6 day break, had some shit disposal and unlucky calls and on another day could have been pretty even? NAH we have a shit game plan... Geezus you lot sometimes.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:55 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
Big T wrote:

Just on dispsoals, 24 is a win for us. Rarely has less than 30.

Pretty much my way of thinking. Just reckon Caff needs to hit the scoreboard more. Reckon he could be Ling-esque if he keeps developing...and gets some Paddle pop Lion plastic surgery going

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:58 pm

David Parkin's votes for what they're worth:

3. Hodge
2. Sewell
1. Grundy

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:58 pm

The better team won.

Still appear a long way from beating these Hawks.

Lynch experiment is over. Not good enough in both positions he plays.

Never gave up..that's a positive. Grundy's game was very good after quarter time.

Sidey undid all of his good work over the past 2 weeks,

Reid looked like a backman

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:59 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
Big T wrote:

Caff or Mitchell? I didn't think Mitchell was as influential as usual...but I also didn't think Brown played a blinder, so obviously Im in the minority here

Yes, I think you are. Roughead has been the one all year tearing the opposition apart, week after week. But tonight, when the game was hot, Brown didn't let him touch it.

How many times was Brown one on one with Roughy the way Keefe was one on one with Buddy? I rather think that they went more to Buddy than Roughy.
And yes, the obvious answer to that is that they respected Brown more as a defender than the 15 game soccer player; still doesn't make Brown the messiah.

So you are saying that if you were told before the game that Brown would keep Roughead to one goal - your reply would have been "thats not good enough"
I seriously doubt it.

Not saying that at all; if you take the context out of any argument it will seem ridiculous.

I just don't feel that they went to Roughy as often as they have in other Hawk games I have seen....probably because they had a 15 gamer on their other key forward...but your entitled to any opinion you choose to have.

BTW, how many touches did Brown get? How many attacking forays did he set up with his raking kick? Context please

Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:02 am

Steve86 wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Disgraceful effort tonight. We were under prepared and seem to learn nothing every time they beat us. I am fed up of Hawthorn kicking our arse every time we play them. Don't we learn from these defeats? Nope. They have our physical and psychological measure. Fed up of being second fiddle to a pack of spoilt brats like Hawthorn.

Our passing tonight was crap. Goal kicking was crap. Tackling was crap. And the lack of game plan was obvious.

It is no point playing finals knowing we cannot beat certain teams. Time to start tanking for draft picks.

Also, some of you are delusional if think we can still win the flag this year...this Pies team is not good, miles off a flag at the moment.

or the boys were tired from 2 pretty hard weeks of a 6 day break, had some shit disposal and unlucky calls and on another day could have been pretty even? NAH we have a shit game plan... Geezus you lot sometimes.

No steve,

We have a GP that doesn't match up well v Hawthorn, if you haven't realized this by now maybe nothing short of a hammer and chisel is gonna get it in there, we developed a game plan to defeat geelong...they developed/tweaked to do the same to us 2011.

The Buckley strategy v Hawthorn seems to be why change it.... a 6 goal+ loss is good enough....
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:03 am

Clarkson 5, Buckley 0
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:04 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
Big T wrote:

Just on dispsoals, 24 is a win for us. Rarely has less than 30.

Yep, his disposal numbers were down on previous but still among their best. Behind Sewell, Hodge, and Whitecross.

Last edited by jackcass on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:04 am

ThePieMind wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
Big T wrote:

I seriously doubt it.

Not saying that at all; if you take the context out of any argument it will seem ridiculous.

I just don't feel that they went to Roughy as often as they have in other Hawk games I have seen....probably because they had a 15 gamer on their other key forward...but your entitled to any opinion you choose to have.

BTW, how many touches did Brown get? How many attacking forays did he set up with his raking kick? Context please

You can't criticize BROWN for not doing something he has NEVER done.
You may as well say he should have got more clearances.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:05 am

pietillidie wrote:
Sounds like a solid effort on which to build. It was never about winning, but about our first settled side in memory measuring itself against the benchmark.

The key is to put the lessons in the back pocket and build on the gains of recent weeks despite the loss.

The voice of a cool head and a reasonable man. I think there is upside in us, I doubt there is in them. I don't think we can beat them in this finals series coming from outside the top 4, but where there is life, there's hope.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:07 am

No improvement in the Hawks? We're lucky Lewis and Roughhead had quiet nights!
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:07 am

Museman wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Hiss wrote:

No steve,

We have a GP that doesn't match up well v Hawthorn, if you haven't realized this by now maybe nothing short of a hammer and chisel is gonna get it in there, we developed a game plan to defeat geelong...they developed/tweaked to do the same to us 2011.

The Buckley strategy v Hawthorn seems to be why change it.... a 6 goal+ loss is good enough....

meh think your wrong. We could beat em this year if we get far enough. Unlucky tonight and played ordinary and were close most the game.. Agreed game plan doesn't suit there style we need someone behind these packs.. but we arn't so far off that we can't win. See what happens we are a maturing team.
nulla 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:08 am

We can beat this mob... happy for them to have the upper hand at the moment.

They were the better team on the night..... but gees dont the umps love em

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: