Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Hawks down Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

saundo wrote:
Not sure why so many think we are crap because we cant beat the top team. We played well. Swan and Grundy were huge. The swarm was there but hawks managed to extract it still and found loose players. I blame Lynch for not running and showing any defensive side. Only takes 1 player not working hard enough and the opposition ends up with a string of loose players resulting in shots on goal. Umpires were ordinary and after being clinical last week we seemed tired and disposal was close to worst for the year in front half of ground. I strongly believe we can beat this mob with our game plan....need some luck, more energy, better disposal and remove Lynch. Watch him.....does not run or man up when opponents have ball.

yep, totally agree, so not to negative this morning

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:39 am

My observations of last nights game were that,first and foremost,is that Hawthorn,always will and always have been,untouchable ,in the eyes of the umpires.The 2 Franlink frees in a minute,not to mention the,"Natural arc"'?? movement that ONLY Buddy can perform,the non free kicks that ,in particular Collingwood DON'T get,like the Rioli/Maxwell drag down at half back in the 3rd qtr.How that was NOT a free will always elude me and what's more,never rated a "Mention" from the commentators" let alone a "I'd like to see that again",which resulted in a goal,not to mention when Franklin turned Keefe inside out in the back pocket and made Commetti wet his pants,Franklin CLEARLY had both hands in the middle of Keefes back.
Not 1 single free kick was paid to Collingwood for some of the best tackling I've seen from our boys.Josh Gibson was caught,in front of goals,all with prior,all GAWN!! no free. As for a Riolli the KFC king,anyone but Collingwood and he would have got at least a week.Enough ,I'm getting pissed thinking of it.
3 players who have impressed of late,Williams,Sinclair and Keefe,were clearly found out last night.Williams is developing a bad habit of turning back into play and has been getting away with it,but not against Hawthorn and he got hammered last night.Sinclair? Don't know if he got injured early or what but he didn't touch the ball and the one time he could have and helped us to a goal,He went half hearted and Hawthorn goaled. Even Bruce commented on this one.It was a defining moment I thought.
Keefe?? Well I'm still undecided,but Bucks should have swapped Reid and Keefe 1/2 way through the 3rd and maybe we could have seen a different result. Keefe looks bad when he is bad.He did some good things ,but he is a scary prospect at times.Mc Caffer ,if he played on Mitchel,probably had a win,but when Mitchell DID get free,it usually cost us.At least twice that I saw.
Sidebottom,for the second time in 2 weeks,failed to put his body on the line and it cost us a goal both times.Once in Sydney where he could have intercepted a Tippett mark,quite easily,I thought at the time and last night,a dive at the ball in front of Franklin at a crucial time cost us another and his dinky little kicks are getting,bothersome,for lack of a better word.Needs to improve in my book.Swan,Pendles,Beams,Ball and GRUNDY.Stars all of them.With Jolly and Thomas,"Hopefully" to come back to replace Lynch and either Williams or Sinclair,I think Thomas .J. has passed both of them,we are not far away.
Plus,as usual,our disposal was"POOR".
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:53 am

Thought we were a strong chance heading into the 3rd quarter. And we were up until about 7 minutes in. But we did ourselves no favours. Tackles not sticking, but mainly some butchering of the ball. One bad clanger killed it; Reid's out on the full with about 40 seconds to go. We should have been the only team with an opportunity to score yet it sails out on the full and as it usually happens with these pricks, they get it to the other end of the field and score at the death. Couldn't believe Marley wasn't freed for Rioli taking him out which also led to another of their goals. The Sack's shocker plus Steele coasting into the forward 50 with support with miles of space and he butchers it are other examples of simple things that cost us big time. Take out those four and we're possibly leading going into the last.
Hawks seem to be in a purple patch against us when the bounce of the ball and little things just seem to go their way. Maybe it's what happens when you're at the top of your game. It used to sort of happen for us back in 2010. I'm sick of it though against them.
Lynch is just too slow. Not in terms of running, but his fumbles and indecision. Seems too slow to match it with the intenstiy and pace of the modern game, especially against a mob like this.
Grundy. What can I say. Going to be a huge cult figure. I am starting to share DTM's man-crush.

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:08 pm

If you take out the 3rd quarter it would have been a very competitive game. We've had a few 4 quarter efforts of late.. this was 3 qtrs and thats prob not going to cut it against Hawks and Freo.
----------
------------
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Went into half time thinking we may lose this one but we'll smash them next time. Then I watched the 3rd quarter.

Positives: Grundy, Keeffe, Thomas

Negatives: Maxwell, Blair, Sinclair, Lynch, Goldsack, Reid.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:18 pm

think positive wrote:
My eldest daughter just woke up a tad miffed

Apparently, when ones daughters boyfriend of four years to the day, drops in to say hi at midnight on the way home from the game, still wearing his dawks jumper, "get £$%$ed" isn't an acceptable greeting.

It may not have been acceptable but very very appropriate.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Your daughter is wrong. Get £$%$ed is always an acceptable greeting to a Dawks supporter.

And why have you let your daughter go out with a Dawks supporter in the first place? Laughing

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Culprit wrote:
I don't know why people are disappointed. We are just not good enough. Plenty of kids, we just need some more mongrel. I'm pissed we lost but the Hawks have our measure as far as their backline goes.

Yep, improved on our last effort against them.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:49 pm

The simple fact is the Hawks were more polished in their use of the ball. Too many of our kicks were shanked and led to costly turnovers. This killed us. We need to get our players to lower their sights and deliver more short passes rather than long bombing it to contests. We also need to run and carry the ball more, like we did against the Swans.

Also we need to end Lynch's career now. He slows us down with his fumbling. Assuming Daisy gets through the VFL ok today he should be brought back in for the last 2 games before the finals, so he can get acclimatised to the pace of senior footy.

I'm not entirely convinced of the form of MaCaffer or Goldsack, but their strong bodies are probably needed in finals footy.

Ins: Jolly, Daisy, Seedsman

Outs: Lynch, Dwyer, Sinclair
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Jack before you blow a load over Paul Roos, let's see how he goes at a club with no salary cap allowance and missing the best facilities in the land. Based on his woeful commentary I would say he will be no better than Voss. For me he has proven very little this far.

And open your eyes, even though we lost it was by far our best game v Hawthorn for more than two years and we fought hard to the final siren. I was bloody happy with what I saw given it was clearly 18 v 21.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 pm

neil wrote:
Your daughter is wrong. Get £$%$ed is always an acceptable greeting to a Dawks supporter.

And why have you let your daughter go out with a Dawks supporter in the first place? Laughing

I didn't think it would last this long Crying or Very sad

He's kind of dopey and quiet, seemed better than an out there thing in a fast car!

But your right, the shame is mine Embarassed

Last edited by think positive on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:47 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Lets face it, we didn't have to spend a top 10 draft pick and 7 years of development to produce a 2nd forward stopper.

Quite right. And that premiership he won for us in 2010 by stopping the most dangerous CHF in the league, the one no-one else could handle, yeah, that was worthless too. Let's ring up St Vomit and ask if they want the cup 'coz it's no use to us.

That's a false argument and you know it; it was team defence that won us that cup, yes, of which Brown was a part, but don't forget he came in for an injured Presi. He wouldn't be a Premiership player if it wasn't for an untimely injury, so if that's the best you got in terms of arguments, well...

Pretty childish tone to that comment as well; you do yourself no credit

But he is a premiership player numnut....and he turned out to be a vital part of that team on the day and was among the best. Ie most effective, ie most important, or contributed more so than others to us achieving that win.

He has also done a superb job all year with the exception of a game here and there. And last night was no exception.

Sadly it appears no matter how consistent he plays he will always have a few haters who malign him no matter what he does.

He's a stopper, not a line breaker. And there is room for one of those in everyteam.

And FTR They didn't go to roughhead as much last night because brown was all over him like a Taiwanese rash. Plain and simple.

Dawes played just as well in the GF and look what happened to him? A poor argument I would say, preceded with a childish taunt.

But to your proper argument; where are these exclusive defensive stoppers in the top ranked teams? Lake maybe, but he certainly provided a lot of drive in the peak of his career...Teddy Richards? Would rank him as more than a stopper....

I actually can't think of a purely defensive stopper in the better teams, but if there are some, I'll wager they aren't top ten draft picks. Happy to stand correct though.

I never said Brown played poorly; just that I think he can do/be more. I believe the original comment was that I reckoned Keefe played as well/ maybe even better.

Doesn't make me a hater, if that's your definition of a hater then I think you may be a slightly paranoid person with a chip on your shoulder; actually, that sounds about right.

To be a premiership team with a premiership backline, I believe he needs to develop his game further.

Although to be quite frank, I doubt I care as much as you obviously seem to. If that makes me a hater/non supporter/ not true Collingwood, well I guess that's me

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:56 pm

JS back to his purile best once again after a loss.

As for Paul Roos oh please.

So overrated.

Mick's bitch.

Longmire is better.

And we (Buckley) just beat him.

rad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:18 pm

I have watched the game 3 times now and the key was our tackles didn't stick whilst theirs did. By slipping through our tackles it gave them an opportunity to chip to the teammate ahead of play and created links we were behind on.

They stuck their tackles which caused turnovers, they really hurt us on the scoreboard from these.

Also, they kicked a lot straighter than us.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Just watched it again on my iPhone,and even though we lost it appeared to me that the Dorks have the umpires at their backs,they are in the same park as the pussycats that they are untouchable.
Besides the few çlangers' tonight it was a good game,BUT the guys werent BLOWN away by the Dorks.
The commentators even tell us that we will play the Bummers in the first week of the finals....OK but hey we arent there yet.
We should and will win the remaining games against Wet Toast & Kangas so that will put us in good stand for the finals,BUT the finals arent even settled with a cloud hanging over the Bummers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: