Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Hawks down Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
Wouldn't the logical choice with our team be to drop lynch and bring in jolly or hudson and let brodie do lynch's roll? 10 times better ..
Great point.Lynch offers us next to nothing now.

I've been saying this for weeks and got shot down. In the games we've dominated he got possessions because of exactly that.....we dominated. But what he did with the ball and his decision making has been terrible.

Lynch OUT.....please god. And Jolly must come back into this side, and play side by side with Grundy.

I thought there was plenty to like about tonight's game....brown had a great game, Grundy kept shinning, but the hawks just seem to have us mentally. They are to us what we are to Sydney.

And....Sadly....though I love maxwell....he just doesn't seem to be cut out for it anymore. Lost some of what little pace he had, and seems slow in his decision making leading to forced errors in his disposal over and over again.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:15 am

I've only just recovered from our most disappointing loss of the year. I was expecting so much more. If we had played like the last two weeks we'd have blown these final's chokers out of the water. Alas, we reverted to one of our worst displays of field kicking for the season. Truly our skills were awful.

How could the Hawks stay on their feet and use the ball so cleanly in the rain while we looked like we were playing the game on ice skates? Honestly if one more of our defenders goes to ground (Maxwell and Heater! I'm looking at you!) and gifts an easy run into goal for the opposition I'll turn Apeman. And don't get me started on Buckley's game plan. He has learnt NOTHING from five encounters with these pretenders.

Honourable exceptions to three blokes who were magnificent last night:

Swan (BoG for me), Pendlebury and of course our newest sensation Brodie Grundy. Grundy could be anything. It's still too early to tell, but the impact he has made in four games is unbelievable.

That loss last night has made it almost certain we will not finish 5th (if Richmond beats Carlton today - which they will). That means a possible elimination final against the Dopers. What a friggin' nightmare! Evil or Very Mad Still it could be worse. We could be playing Port in Adelaide.

The most positive thing I can say from last night is that this is close to the team we must have on the field next year. Dale Thomas comes back (to play alongside Josh Thomas - who I thought was good last night as well). And Seedsman probably comes in as well along with Alan Toovey who we've missed badly this year (Toovey will replace Nick Maxwell - who is also finished) and if Clinton Young ever gets fit enough to play two games in a row we might consider him. Jolly has to be pensioned off along with Krakouer. And it's sayonara J. Russell and A. Lynch (would GWS be interested?). Seriously Mr Hine what were you on when you traded for these blokes? Evil or Very Mad I never thought I'd see a footballer have less impact than Chris Dawes, but the Q-Stick has achieved that. Rolling Eyes

For next season we must play Grundy and Witts as our ruck duo, with Witts spending most of his time in the forward line and just helping Grundy out.

All in all next season looks the better option for us. We left our run too late this year, and we can still pull those awful displays of ball butchering out of our proverbials. This must stop! Buckley will have a full season next year to prove whether he is Michael Voss or Paul Roos. The irony is that if he proves to be a Voss, Roos will already be coaching at another club. Razz
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:24 am

I don't know why people are disappointed. We are just not good enough. Plenty of kids, we just need some more mongrel. I'm pissed we lost but the Hawks have our measure as far as their backline goes.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:28 am

Unfortunately I agree with most of that jack

What we really really really really really really need

Is someone to teach the players to kick straight at goal

There were at least three shoots last night that should not have missed, 2 by our star forward.

Add that to at least 2 goals the (mates with) got they didnt deserve, and we almost win the game.

In the last 1/4 we did a great run down the field, got it round all their players, and actually slotted it. Why do just about all the other teams make that look so easy, when 90% of our goals leave even us fans exhausted?

Cannot stand that prick that played for the drugsters, but shit he was accurate. Get him. Whatever it takes. He even kept his hair neat.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:36 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Lets face it, we didn't have to spend a top 10 draft pick and 7 years of development to produce a 2nd forward stopper.

Quite right. And that premiership he won for us in 2010 by stopping the most dangerous CHF in the league, the one no-one else could handle, yeah, that was worthless too. Let's ring up St Vomit and ask if they want the cup 'coz it's no use to us.

That's a false argument and you know it; it was team defence that won us that cup, yes, of which Brown was a part, but don't forget he came in for an injured Presi. He wouldn't be a Premiership player if it wasn't for an untimely injury, so if that's the best you got in terms of arguments, well...

Pretty childish tone to that comment as well; you do yourself no credit

But he is a premiership player numnut....and he turned out to be a vital part of that team on the day and was among the best. Ie most effective, ie most important, or contributed more so than others to us achieving that win.

He has also done a superb job all year with the exception of a game here and there. And last night was no exception.

Sadly it appears no matter how consistent he plays he will always have a few haters who malign him no matter what he does.

He's a stopper, not a line breaker. And there is room for one of those in everyteam.

And FTR They didn't go to roughhead as much last night because brown was all over him like a Taiwanese rash. Plain and simple.

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:39 am

Defenders are at their best when their name, and more importantly, the player they are on, are rarely heard. Their job is to stop that player. I didn't see roughy once. (Apparently he kicked a goal, but I was braving the smoke and rain outside the ground at that point)
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:43 am

think positive wrote:
Unfortunately I agree with most of that jack

What we really really really really really really need

Is someone to teach the players to kick straight at goal

There were at least three shoots last night that should not have missed, 2 by our star forward.

Add that to at least 2 goals the (mates with) got they didnt deserve, and we almost win the game.

In the last 1/4 we did a great run down the field, got it round all their players, and actually slotted it. Why do just about all the other teams make that look so easy, when 90% of our goals leave even us fans exhausted?

Cannot stand that prick that played for the drugsters, but shit he was accurate. Get him. Whatever it takes. He even kept his hair neat.

I don't get it either TP. Our goal kicking seems to have been retarded by mental fragility harking back to even the days of a young chris tarrant. We seem to be able to find good marking forwards, who simply can't find that gap between the two big ones often enough.
For mine travis won't change his spots.......it's ingrained in him. It has nothing to do with his feet and everything to do with his head. I'm not sure how he overcomes that. Imagine how damaging the guy would be if he kicked just a little straighter.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:58 am

Overall a good game to watch- ebbed and flowed.
At half time, we went in with the momentum (despite stevic and co's best efforts).
First 5-10 minutes of q.3 we had so much play, yet nothing to show for it.
If we had managed a goal or 2 in this time it would've been game on.

Hawks are front running bully boys with a different set of rules than any other team in the comp. I've watched a lot of their games and it seems like the umps are intimidated/awestruck by them and give them the rub of the green.

Too many players down last night.
Heath- shit-hawthorn clearly his bogey team
maxy- uber shit
Blair- ordinary night- nothing went right apart from the goal that really wasn't
Sidey- love him but he truly is soft- always avoids putting his body on the line and this costs us at least a goal a week- as well as another goal lost due to dinky cute kicks
Caff- didnt do enough to justify tag on mitchell- gave a way crucial free and dropped easy mark.

Grundy was awesome- greta poise and decision making and something many of our players lack- MONGREL!!!
Pendles- stood up again
Swanny- busted a gut all night
Beams- seriously impressive game- he uses the ball so well
Ball- never stops trying- not high possies last night but some of his attacks and tackles were inspirational.
Marley- killed rioli(poor mans leon) in the second half.a

The game could've gone either way- a few cheapo frees to us and a few denied to them, trav kicking straight, better decision making/execution

I hate hawthorn and their supporters.

Go Pies!

#anyonebuthawthorn
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:02 am

Good team manufacture the spare man they want back; the issue is that we seem to have Maxy as our spare most of the time. We can do better than Maxy. We need to do better than Maxy.

We've missed Toovey badly this year (he is the most underestimated player on our list). I'd say Toovey for Maxwell in a straight swap next year.

We can't keep Maxwell any longer he's just a total liability (despite the pathetic attempt at spin by The Club last week).

Thanks Nick. A premiership captain who will forever be remembered for his shocking outburst about playing extra time in GF2 2010. Thank God we didn't because ScumKilda would have run all over us with extra time.

Thanks for the memories Maxy, but the tribe has spoken.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:06 am

jack_spain wrote:

Good team manufacture the spare man they want back; the issue is that we seem to have Maxy as our spare most of the time. We can do better than Maxy. We need to do better than Maxy.

We've missed Toovey badly this year (he is the most underestimated player on our list). I'd say Toovey for Maxwell in a straight swap next year.

We can't keep Maxwell any longer he's just a total liability (despite the pathetic attempt at spin by The Club last week).

Thanks Nick. A premiership captain who will forever be remembered for his shocking outburst about playing extra time in GF2 2010. Thank God we didn't because ScumKilda would have run all over us with extra time.

Thanks for the memories Maxy, but the tribe has spoken.

Yeah unfortunately I agree now. Hopefully he sees it before the press start calling for his head, and making it embarrassing

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:09 am

The real difference between Sinker/Williams and Brown is that Brown is a top 10 draft pick up.

Yes, I expect more than a bloody stopper

Exactly. Where is our Harry Taylor?
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:12 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Buddy will piss off to GWS anyway,

No Buddy is definitely staying at Hawthorn. Lock it in. FA is a total joke now. Players don't really want to go. A pity clubs can't take the hardball approach that American sporting teams do. And GWS would be mad to put all their eggs in the Buddy basket when they can get 3 or 4 good players from other teams (not stars) to compliment Jeremy Cameron, who is going to be better than Buddy and Carey combined anyway.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:14 am

Fire Up wrote:
bucks should of put reid up back and played him on buddy in the game and move goldy up forward.

we really needed a extra tall forward to give the hawks something to worry about in their backline

the hawks ran off the backline with their handpass'

That's why he is Michael Voss Mark II and not Paul Roos.
saundo 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:16 am

Not sure why so many think we are crap because we cant beat the top team. We played well. Swan and Grundy were huge. The swarm was there but hawks managed to extract it still and found loose players. I blame Lynch for not running and showing any defensive side. Only takes 1 player not working hard enough and the opposition ends up with a string of loose players resulting in shots on goal. Umpires were ordinary and after being clinical last week we seemed tired and disposal was close to worst for the year in front half of ground. I strongly believe we can beat this mob with our game plan....need some luck, more energy, better disposal and remove Lynch. Watch him.....does not run or man up when opponents have ball.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:18 am

My eldest daughter just woke up a tad miffed

Apparently, when ones daughters boyfriend of four years to the day, drops in to say hi at midnight on the way home from the game, still wearing his dawks jumper, "get £$%$ed" isn't an acceptable greeting.

Last edited by think positive on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: