Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies swamp Swans - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

rand corp wrote:
Can't pot Keeffey, did his job and kept Tippett quiet when moved on to him, we need Keeffe firing he has become a very important player for us. He frees up Reid, he can relieve Brown and as seen last night, he and Tippett would probably be the 2 most mobile 200+ players in the game at the moment.

Maxy battled on, not great but ok, he struggles in games like this where there is no loose man in defense and it becomes a one-on-one game. We all know Maxy's game is dropping off his man and getting to contests, when he can't do that and is forced to play one out he can be shown up.

Brown was really the only player that had a dirty night, he was magnificent last week so we can cut him some slack, Tippet was just too big, too fast and -on the night- too good for him.

Apart from some marking contests where he was beaten he actually held his own. Subbing him gave us more run across the board.
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:25 pm

If we play like last night for the rest of the season anything is possible.

That was a great win against a quality opponent!

BARRACK HARD!
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:29 pm

What a beautiful weekend.

A quick shout out to those who wanted Sidebottom traded few weeks ago and JT and Grundy dropped for this game, my thoughts are with you guys Smile

And a few other home truths - Brown did get pantsed, Keeffe did do better on Tippett and it wasn't just due to our mids dominating, Brown wasn't the only one to have a shocker on the night, Maxwell, Harry, Cloke and Heater had very poor games too.
Apart from that and Bucks taking way too long to make the switch on Tippett it was all positive.

The hunger and desperation are back, no injuries, we have something special in Grundy on our hands.
Win or account well for ourselves on Friday and the belief will be back too.

Go the Maggies.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Beast wrote:
What a beautiful weekend.

A quick shout out to those who wanted Sidebottom traded few weeks ago and JT and Grundy dropped for this game, my thoughts are with you guys Smile

And a few other home truths - Brown did get pantsed, Keeffe did do better on Tippett and it wasn't just due to our mids dominating, Brown wasn't the only one to have a shocker on the night, Maxwell, Harry, Cloke and Heater had very poor games too.
Apart from that and Bucks taking way too long to make the switch on Tippett it was all positive.

The hunger and desperation are back, no injuries, we have something special in Grundy on our hands.
Win or account well for ourselves on Friday and the belief will be back too.

Go the Maggies.

We gathered hunger as the game went on, they outnumbered us at the contest early.

Neither Brown or Keefe played Tippet from in front...which I thought was a MUST...agree Bux took to long with the switch, given size I thought Keefe should have been switched at the end of the first, Pike was having no influence.

Was pretty happy with Lynch tbh, competed and that's what he's there for.

How did so many pass Grundy up....or did he pass them up Smile

RABID pressure football next week...remind the dawks what beats them more often than not!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Fantastic Win. After the Bad Start we came Back Fantasic

Grundy did really well in the Ruck vs Mumford and Pyke.

Cloke Kicking was Terrible.

Tippett Murded Brown.

Just a Fantastic Win

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:44 pm

nulla wrote:
Great to see Ben Johnson come onto the ground at the end of the game, this would have inspired many of the players....

Go Pies

They all looked Super Happy

35reasons 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:01 am

Duff Soviet Union wrote:

Mind you, I think a big part of the reason the midfield got on top was because Brown wasn't on the ground anymore. Bringing on Dwyer for Brown basically gave us an extra midfielder. It was a move that could have easily backfired (he did a similar sub in the Hawthorn game which turned out to be a disaster), but instead worked to perfection.

Absolutely. It gave us a whole lot run.

I think we're sometimes better with one less tall.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:02 am

rand corp wrote:
Can't pot Keeffey, did his job and kept Tippett quiet when moved on to him, we need Keeffe firing he has become a very important player for us. He frees up Reid, he can relieve Brown and as seen last night, he and Tippett would probably be the 2 most mobile 200+ players in the game at the moment.

Maxy battled on, not great but ok, he struggles in games like this where there is no loose man in defense and it becomes a one-on-one game. We all know Maxy's game is dropping off his man and getting to contests, when he can't do that and is forced to play one out he can be shown up.

Brown was really the only player that had a dirty night, he was magnificent last week so we can cut him some slack, Tippet was just too big, too fast and -on the night- too good for him.

I hate to harp on Maxy. Last week I thought he had a good game. Then again, all the boys did. Don't hate me - I know we don't want negativity after a great win - but I find it really frustrating to watch Maxy when he is nowhere near the contest or a player. He seems to be slower and slower at getting to the contest and as you say, he doesn't seem to be very good when one on one. And a simple thing but I've also seen him punch the ball when he could mark. I keep yelling at him to get to his man.... is this the 'zoning' defence?

I totally forgive Brown. Tippett played very well and was simply beating him - and umpiring helped. To my mind, Keefe was lucky as others have said that he didn't have to compete that much. He just seemed to fumble a lot and like he was on the verge of just allowing swans players to goal. To my eyes, we were lucky our players around him were able to save it. Maybe he just needs more game time and confidence?
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 am

Just watched Grundy's goal on the replay totally created by Swan.
One of Collingwood's best goals of the year.
Pure strength, straight down the guts.
Magic.

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Wow, this high risk handball happy football that a few weeks ago I hated might just work.

Obviously, it needs to be combined with the old style manic Magpie pressure which has returned in spades over the last fortnight.

Might be time for a few self-inflicted uppercuts to the head for me.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:58 am

The Reigning Premiers playing Collingwood at home could not exceed a crowd of 50.000 ?

The noise behind the Collingwood goals trumped and even surprised the Sydney fans...Only once did they get their chant going. So good was the noise from our end you could actually see the players respond dismissing the theory that crowd interaction is non essential. Good to see the players come down to the Collingwood end high fiving and thanking the faithful..Obviously a Buckley initiative and well appreciated by all.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:33 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
The Reigning Premiers playing Collingwood at home could not exceed a crowd of 50.000 ?

The noise behind the Collingwood goals trumped and even surprised the Sydney fans...Only once did they get their chant going. So good was the noise from our end you could actually see the players respond dismissing the theory that crowd interaction is non essential. Good to see the players come down to the Collingwood end high fiving and thanking the faithful..Obviously a Buckley initiative and well appreciated by all.

Agreed. It was awesome fun. How I managed to get 5 Sydney fans in front of me in the COLLINGWOOD bay I'll never know. So annoying. I was the guy in the 15th row yelling out "Scab" and "Merc" whenever Tippet was within earshot.

Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Really good effort from our boys. Hope the Swans don't leave ANZ when the contracts up because we love playing there. Congrats to our supporters at the match. That end was b & w heaven and the noise was awesome. It may not be You'll never walk alone but the slow Collingwood chant can be spine-tingling.

Echo Joffa's thoughts on the players coming down our end and interacting with the supporters on the fence. Usually they get to about 20m out and clap their appreciation. If that was a Buckley initiative, we salute you.

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:30 pm

AFL Round 20 – Sydney v Collingwood: For the love of ‘Billy’.
August 12, 2013 by Lord Bogan

http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/afl-round-20-sydney-v-collingwood-for-the-love-of-billy/
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Was disappointing to see boys not get around Reg after he kicked his first goal. Hopefully it had nothing to with him being perceived as a different cat off the field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: