Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies swamp Swans - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

VicParkTragic wrote:
Oh, and no change to the team for next week either!!!!!!

Well someone will need to play an absolute blinder up in Ballarat to force their way into the side.
Raging Bull 42 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:55 am
Post subject: Happy DaysReply with quote

Great win. Reminded me of 2011. Made even better watching Angry Mick loose it this afternoon. Intensity and drive was first class. First time at this level in 2 years. Swan the difference. When he goes hard, look what happens.

Another nail in carlton coffin today. The filth will now miss finals - again. Judd injured. This is happiness.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:56 am

Larabee wrote:

42,000 crowd extremely disappointing for Sydney.

actually, about right.

was in the red zone tonight. what a bunch of imbecilic flogs many of the swans supporters are. in the first quarter one woman yelled out "it's only collingwood." she was promptely reminded of that at the end.

i get the feeling stevic reads pendles' twitter posts about him. he tends to get no favours from him. was gobsmacked stevic paid cloke a free kick.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:02 am

btw david king, the auditors just got audited themselves.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:10 am

very proud tonight.

Made the trip up from Melbourne after nearly pulling the pin on this trip a few weeks ago. Bloody glad we didn't.

the weather was perfect and our boys came to play!

The first five minutes I nearly lost my voice. I was angry from the get-go but started to calm by the end of the third quarter.

Umpiring ABYSMAL. I would have to say more than half the swans score was umpire assisted. I haven't seen the stats on how many frees we ended up with but it doesn't matter. Despite some very iffy decisions that went our way, the Swans had the rub of the green when it matter and the ones that resulted in goals. Some of our free kicks were given when we already had control of the ball!!

My only question marks about the team tonight were Keefe and Maxwell. One or two marks or plays, does not a game make. Keefe looked a liability to me, as does Maxwell. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

But this shouldn't be a negative win - cos it wasn't.

It was a mighty win. This team has belief. This team is playing for each other. This is good - oh so bloody good.

Bring on the hawks!

Last edited by MattyD on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:11 am

I'm still shaking in excitement. That was amazing in the end Smile. I'm so proud of this side and we've responded emphatically in the past two weeks. If we win next week, the whole competition is going to be scared of us I reckon. Next week is the ultimate test: If we can win it, then I'm starting to believe we're going to be the dark horse who's going to cause a lot of havoc in September. We're playing the best football I've seen us play in two years and I'm loving it. Tackling pressure has returned, our movement of the ball has improved dramatically and we're playing man on man footy which is fantastic.

Once again there were no passengers in our side tonight. We killed the Swans in most of the stats tonight. We had plenty more of the ball, we laid a solid 64 tackles and we won way more of the 50/50 contests tonight and this is on the night when the Swans didn't play terrible footy either. We were just too good in the end. If you don't include the four goal head start that the Swans had, the scoreline ended as Sydney 6.9.45 to Collingwood's 14.15.99 which is 9 goals better in the end. That's amazing to say the least.

Pendles is an absolute gun of the competition. What an amazing player. Swanny doesn't look like slowing down at the moment and Josh Thomas played his best game in the black and white stripes. Beams is regaining form and looking better every week, Sidebottom was great again after a superb performance last week and Grundy has shown enough that he's going to be an absolute steal for our club. He's an excellent competitor.

For the first time in a long time, I'm truly starting to believe that the coaching handover was the best thing to happen to this club. It's rejuvenated us and Buckley finally has the game plan that the players understand and they've embraced his ideas. We're starting to build momentum at the right time and if there's any time we can beat the Hawks, next week is the time to do it. It's unfair we have one day less break considering we came off a harder game as well, but the players will be pumped, no doubt about that.

I'm so proud of this side. Never write off COLLINGWOOD!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bring on the Hawks!!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:15 am

Jezza wrote:
If you don't include the four goal head start that the Swans had, the scoreline ended as Sydney 6.9.45 to Collingwood's 14.15.99

On the other hand, if you don't include our 14 late goals in junk time, Sydney won the match by 4 goals to nothing.

Last edited by Tannin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:15 am

MattyD wrote:

My only question marks about the team tonight were Keefe and Maxwell. One or two marks or plays, does not a game make. Keefe looked a liability to me, as does Maxwell. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

really? how did you think nathan brown's game went?

for parts of the game i uncharitably thought he should have taken gold coast's offer.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:21 am

Fact is Keeffe kept Tippett far quieter than Brown did. Only had the one goal kicked on him after Brown was subbed off in the 3rd quarter.
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:23 am

Went up and watched the magnificent Pies from ANZ. Sydney started ferociously and for us to wrest the game away emphatically was a great effort. Had a sneaky feeling we could win tonight and the continuity is terrific. Real even spread of players. The forward press appeared a bit too and that is why Maxy looked like he was positioning himself so well.

Sidey played a top game and Pendles played the best game I've ever seen him play. Elliott and Blair are really good in the fwd line and Bally is all guts.

The side is playing with a lot of flow and confidence. Saw Grundy play against Box Hill and he is incredible for a 3 game player. What a ripper!

Hawks may have a couple of key players missing so let's hope we can knock them off.

Great support at the ground and the Collingwood chant got going a few times.

Go Pies!!

Nearly 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 am

Ben Sinclair not named in best. Clearly he was amongst them.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:35 am

John Wren wrote:
Larabee wrote:

42,000 crowd extremely disappointing for Sydney.

actually, about right.

was in the red zone tonight. what a bunch of imbecilic flogs many of the swans supporters are. in the first quarter one woman yelled out "it's only collingwood." she was promptely reminded of that at the end.

i get the feeling stevic reads pendles' twitter posts about him. he tends to get no favours from him. was gobsmacked stevic paid cloke a free kick.

I definitely didn't expect more than 42K.

That's how many turned up to last year's H/A match I think.

Still a good crowd by Sydney's standards. I think we won't see the 60K plus crowds in Sydney again until both Collingwood and Sydney are in Top 4 for an extended period.

I think the AFL should be happy with 42K. The Collingwood fans certainly made some noise!
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:40 am

woftam wrote:
MattyD wrote:
very proud tonight.

Made the trip up from Melbourne after nearly pulling the pin on this trip a few weeks ago. Bloody glad we didn't.

the weather was perfect and our boys came to play!

The first five minutes I nearly lost my voice. I was angry from the get-go but started to calm by the end of the third quarter.

Umpiring ABYSMAL. I would have to say more than half the swans score was umpire assisted. I haven't seen the stats on how many frees we ended up with but it doesn't matter. Despite some very iffy decisions that went our way, the Swans had the rub of the green when it matter and the ones that resulted in goals. Some of our free kicks were given when we already had control of the ball!!

But this shouldn't be a negative win - cos it wasn't.

It was a mighty win. This team has belief. This team is playing for each other. This is good - oh so bloody good.

Bring on the hawks!

Fact is Keeffe kept Tippett far quieter than Brown did. Only had the one goal kicked on him after Brown was subbed off in the 3rd quarter.

ok, maybe it was just my perception, not a reality. I will look more closely tomorrow during the replay.
pacmanOz 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:16 am

When the umps gave them 3 frees in the first 90 seconds I knew it would be a tough night.
To continue the theme, Grundy was pinged at least twice for "shepherding" when clearly the Sydney ruckmen tried to tunnel him - on both occasions the dog was running in fear and everyone within 20 kms of Point Cook could hear my frustration.

Tonight we saw that pressure on even the best of opponents causes mistakes - and we are masters of making those mistakes into gold.

Goldie's ferocity was awe inspiring - Ball's courage was remarkable - but the two top class midfielders (Swannie and Pendles) were the difference!

The team goal when we ran the ball through the middle of the ground with Grundy ultimately kicking it was the epitome of Buckley - and I want more.

We may not beat the Hawks next week - but we will by the end of the season.

I love Collingwood!
pacmanOz 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:16 am

Double post - sorry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: