Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies swamp Swans - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Brown26 wrote:
this reminds me a lot of 2010. Senior players who can't force their way into the team because of young guys playing well

(somebody else) wrote:
I’m sure if he’d had a better attitude, we could have had a good ruck combination and he would have continued at the Pies for a bit longer.

Now who said that? Was it some bloke named Karma?

Very Happy

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Wink
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Brown26 wrote:
Oh, and this reminds me a lot of 2010. Senior players who can't force their way into the team because of young guys playing well, and expecting the team to lose against the good teams but then they keep on winning...

GO PIES!

Very true. An amazing night really when I thought the only player who didn't play a role in the win was Travis Cloke.

I am really excited about Reg (Grundy). After three games I think we've got a real keeper. And he can only get better over the next four or five years.

The win was made even more special because we had to beat one AFL ring-in (Tippett), 21 on-field opponents (yes the maggots again), and three absolute dipsticks in the commentary box who raved on about Sydney even when we were pantsing them. To add insult to injury BT was calling the wrong names of Collingwood players all night. Either he doesn't care or was drunk. Pathetic Channel Seven (who continue to plumb the depths of world sports telecasting).
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:00 am

Not a weak player in the side. Even Brown who got cleaned up by Tippet, did nothing really wrong, he was just beaten by a monster forward in supreme touch.

I can't believe how grundy kept up rucking like that all night. I was sure he'd collapse with exhaustion, but he's got the heart of a lion. If we win our remaining 3 h & a games, we're still a chance to snatch a top 4 berth. Go Pies!
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:01 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
i didnt look at the Caff
he must of played a great game - need to look at thereplay
josh thomas elliot and grundy what a bonus!!!!!
shades of 2010 coming!!!!

Caff Kept Keiran Jack to 16 touches.

I'm shocked he had that many. I literally didn't see him after half time.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:04 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Not a weak player in the side. Even Brown who got cleaned up by Tippet, did nothing really wrong, he was just beaten by a monster forward in supreme touch.

I can't believe how grundy kept up rucking like that all night. I was sure he'd collapse with exhaustion, but he's got the heart of a lion. If we win our remaining 3 h & a games, we're still a chance to snatch a top 4 berth. Go Pies!

Looking at the size of Mumford, Grundy's ability to stand up against him all night at just 19, one of the most impressive perfomances I've seen. He's as gutsy as they come.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:05 am

VicParkTragic wrote:
Best win for 2 years IMO!!

No need for the IMO or an apology. Clearly the best win since Buckley took over. Easily!

Can't see how Jolly and Daisy can get back into this team (or Seedsman at the moment either).
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:06 am

No word to describe this victory but awesome. Just so proud of our team. Grundy and Thomas were absolutely magnificent. Our midfield demonstrated that they are the best in the competition. Elliott an absolute cracker. Sinclair's energy and dash just scintillating. Buckley's perseverance and faith with our young players must be acknowledged as really excellent coaching.
We're on!
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:06 am

Jolly, Seedsman, Dale Thomas (super sub for finals Very Happy ), Toovey (next year) - we're looking good Smile
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:08 am

jack_spain wrote:
VicParkTragic wrote:
Best win for 2 years IMO!!

No need for the IMO or an apology. Clearly the best win since Buckley took over. Easily!

Can't see how Jolly and Daisy can get back into this team (or Seedsman at the moment either).

I can't see anyone else breaking into that team unless there's an injury. Given the lateness of the season, I think even Daisy will struggle to get back in.......but then again....
Johnno75 

How stupid are the Ch7 commentators saying the loss won't cost the Swans much at all......WTF. Swans may only win 1 more game and if we or the tigers win the last 3 games they can drop out of the top 4.

If we keep playing like this we are a real show next week and the Sooks aren't exactly playing good footy at the moment they have been very lethargic over the past 2 games.

VicParkTragic 

Does anyone know what Harry's black armband was about?
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:09 am

Just a well balanced, gutsy performance by the whole team and so proud of our midfield, taking it up to the "best midfield in the comp" according to several commentators, and I was watching Fox, not Seven. Can't pick a single player who didn't have an impact - and I don't blame Brown for being subbed off, he was simply outsized by Tippett. Great win, hope we can serve up the same ferocity to the Hawks Friday night. Very, very proud.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:11 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
No word to describe this victory but awesome. Just so proud of our team. Grundy and Thomas were absolutely magnificent. Our midfield demonstrated that they are the best in the competition. Elliott an absolute cracker. Sinclair's energy and dash just scintillating. Buckley's perseverance and faith with our young players must be acknowledged as really excellent coaching.
We're on!

I don't know what Bucks has said to them, but the downhill skiing that had crept in since he took over seems to have been eliminated. We beat an up and about reigning premier at their own game. They just couldn't sustain the rage for 4 quarters like we did. I remember last week pre-game that Bucks was absolutely adamant that "cheating" "won't be an issue today". That doesn't seem like your typical throwaway coaches interview. He seems to think that the message is starting to sink in. And hopefully it's self perpetuating as the players see what happens when you play the right way. The two best wins of the season back to back.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:11 am

VicParkTragic wrote:
Does anyone know what Harry's black armband was about?

Death of a friend in Brazil. Harry was pretty fired up in consequence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: