Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies blitz Bombers - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many 4.40pm Sunday start means I couldn't get there. I attended a function where I caught up with Sean Millane and laughed about our younger days. I got home and settled back in the recliner to watch the last quarter with much pleasure. I will watch the replay tonight but I noticed that Drug boy pulled out of a contest Shocked His shoulder isn't that great and I am sure other teams noticed as well. I expect him to cop some physical attention in the coming weeks. Nathan Brown looked like he was back to the player in 2010. Do we have the balance right in the back line? Yes I am eating humble pie today. Very Happy

A weeks a long time in football and next week who knows the result. All I know is people wonder why Collingwood Supporters drink. Laughing

Last edited by Culprit on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:03 am

Jezza wrote:
That was brilliant from start to finish. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we'd win by 79 points in the end. The way we played today is the way we must aspire to play every week. This consists of relentless tackling pressure on the opposition and no longer zoning off our opponents, but rather force a contest and make our opponent accountable for every disposal.

The intent was there from the start and you could tell that the Collingwood boys wanted to prove themselves to the Bombers who seemed to somewhat undermine us during the week indirectly as Collingwood's name got mentioned in the whole Essendon saga. Luke Ball's comment about being 'offended' was a sign that our playing group was angry and was out for vengeance. The whole team has made the fans very proud to support this fantastic club. It's strange that we can't beat the Suns at all, and we struggle to overcome GWS, yet we're able to smash the Dons. Clearly this has something to do with our mental attitude towards each game. If Collingwood is mentally switched on and ready to tackle like there's no tomorrow, we're an unstoppable force.

Tonight's performance was the best I've seen since 2011. It was relentless manic football which we prided ourselves on from 2010 and 2011. At half-time we were on 50 tackles to 26. This was a suggestion that our tackling abilities are still around but we need to work hard to sustain that effort. There were no passengers tonight and everyone contributed positively to our team's result in the end.

Sidey was BOG as he's got the capabilities to be an absolute gun of the competition. Consistency is the key for Sidey but I do believe that we have an absolute gem of a player coming along. He's only 22 years of age so there's plenty of footy ahead of him, Ball was great in-and-under the contests again and you can see that his presence helps ease the workload of Beams, Swan and Pendles. Reid looks fantastic down forward and in the process he's able to free up Cloke and Keefe is making a very smooth return to AFL football now. I love watching the young kid play and for 203cm he's definitely an agile player to say the least. Also how on earth did Cloke kick 5.0. That's a rare occurrence but I'll definitely take that though.

The only negative of the day is not being able to attend the game today. I'm actually kicking myself for not being there, but nevertheless I'm ecstatic and I can't stop smiling at the moment. This has made my weekend and I truly believe that our season isn't over and we're not going down without a fight at the very least. What a way to finish the game by jumping above Richmond on the ladder as well.

Next week isn't going to be easy against the Swans, but we've certainly given ourselves a good chance though considering our confidence would be high now. I really can't wait for next Saturday night now.

Now for the laughs. All week I've been trawling through BomberBlitz forums and I must say that this victory is even made sweeter by the fact that there pre-game comments make me laugh now. Here are the pre-game and post-game comments of this game. Sit back and have a laugh:

Pre-Game Comments:
Quote:
Collingwood are not very good, we should win at the MCG

What does that make Essendon now after that comment? Laughing

Quote:
ESSENDON TO DESTROY THE PIES!!!

You mean PIES TO DESTROY ESSENDON!!! Twisted Evil

Quote:
Pies are farked and are going down.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
%$^£$%^&%% after today we are going to crush the pies to a pulp

Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

Quote:
We have already steamrolled this mob once this season. Let's do it again.

Quote:
Could we have a better opponent after the events of the past week/24 hours?

No the best opponent to have was the one that would crush you by 79 points Razz Razz

Quote:
Finish these inbred sacks of shit off. They are FARKIN shit.

I think you're referring to your own scummy club mate Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Pies have lost to Suns and struggled against GWS - and are 1.75 favorites to beat us?

WOW!

Justified favourites after all Wink Wink

Quote:
Ben Reid out for 3-4 weeks. Announced at a Woodsmen Function on Sunday. Ball still getting over a calf strain so 50/50

Last time I checked, Reid destroyed you Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
I hope we have one seriously angry game against collingwood, really take the last months frustration out on them!

I hope Collingwood does the same thing...oh wait, they did Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Collingwood is gonna get pounded. Haha.

Wrong team buddy! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
God help Collingwood Sunday after tonight thats all I'm going to say.

God help Essendon now, they did get pounded Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post-Game Comments:
Quote:
THAT FARKING HURT!!!!

Quote:
This was woeful and a seriously worrying sign.

Quote:
Awful day for us.

Quote:
Hoping we are getting ready for finals but no loss like that is going to help.

I hope you're getting ready for 18th spot Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Quote:
Same shit, different year. We've seen it all before the past 8 years.

Yes we've seen it for the last 8 years, and long may it continue Twisted Evil

Quote:
Pies and Hawks made us look like a bottom 4 team.

Quote:
I should've gone to the two year old kids party I was invited to. At least I would've had cake.

That was so hard to watch.

Quote:
I reckon we'll win the next 4

Cats & Hawks also lost

I have faith in Hirdy to get them back up

You're dreaming Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Agree with the comments that it felt eerily like previous years.

Quote:
Pies were way better on the day.

We'll always be better Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
The c***s booing him make me sick, but it was good of our fans to drown them out with cheers.

Watson deserves all the boos he's received. How did he recover from his collarbone injury so quickly!! Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
%$^£$%^&%% the prick who had the 100% natural sign in the filth cheer squad

Brilliant. I heard someone here mention that should be our banner and I mentioned it to a CS member during the week. They must have taken the idea on board!! Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
Stick a fork in us. We are done.

Emotionally and physically wrecked.

Haven't looked with it for 4 weeks.

Quote:
One of the worst displays of football I have ever seen. Absolutely pathetic.

I was so embarrassed from that it is not funny.
2nd on the ladder last week to getting thrashed 2 weeks in a row!
We should renew that other thread and rename it the "The inevitable 3/4 year fadout."

Quote:
And you know what makes me sick, they get the last laugh on us. They belt us on the field, boo our captain and bronx cheer our players.

Farkin had it.

Without further ado: Let's give a big round of applause to the Essendon Football Club for a whole week's entertainment!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Bump

Too good to get buried

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:16 am

That was so enjoyable.
Glad you all booed Watson for me.
Every game in our younger players and they look more comfortable.
Love Dwyer this year.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 am

Great team effort and intensity... Buckley's best due to our style and the 4 qtrs of team effort.

Love watching Reid play up fwd - he is exciting and Keefe down back is improving each game along with Marley and Sinkers...

We kicked well into our forward line putting the ball into the hot spot or at fwds one out rather than cloke +2 - we ran well and even kicked out of defence superbly!!! Clearances and Hit-outs were areas to improve but really it was ticks all round Smile

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:19 am

Wow great performance one of the most satisfying wins in a long time.
Was great to see Reid beat Dustbin one out may times. Keep playing like this and the opposition can't keep sending 3 defenders to Cloke.

Jamie Elliot was super important his pressure was great.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:55 am

A great afternoon /evening at the G . Nathan Brown flogged bellchambers, Steeley was everywhere, I knew Bally would just flog them! Our Backline was sensational. Chopper and Clokey up forward made Carlisle and Dustbin looked like drab hacks! Harry pantsed towel boy goddard!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dunit 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:58 am

Presti35 wrote:

Dont forget Macaffer wiped the floor with Heppell. (He did give away 6 frees, but he murdered him).

It has to be said.. Dyson Sucks!

*boom tish* Very Happy
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:25 am

Luke Ball is all class!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:36 am

Culprit wrote:
Like many 4.40pm Sunday start means I couldn't get there. I attended a function where I caught up with Sean Millane and laughed about our younger days. I got home and settled back in the recliner to watch the last quarter with much pleasure. I will watch the replay tonight but I noticed that Drug boy pulled out of a contest Shocked His shoulder isn't that great and I am sure other teams noticed as well. I expect him to cop some physical attention in the coming weeks. Nathan Brown looked like he was back to the player in 2010. Do we have the balance right in the back line? Yes I am eating humble pie today. Very Happy

A weeks a long time in football and next week who knows the result. All I know is people wonder why Collingwood Supporters drink. Laughing

Ahem.... one H. Shaw ducked in a contest too last night. I was honestly shocked when I saw it because he's not one to shirk the contest but there's no question he ducked.

And boy oh boy you are right about a week being a long time as a supporter. Funny how pessimistic we can all become. I'd completely lost sight of the fact that we'd won 4 of the last 5. Yeah, yeah they weren't top four teams but still..... I thought we were tracking horribly.

As my brother also pointed out isn't it hilarious how we've basically had the season from hell - injuries, off field dramas, rat pack mutiny and inconsistent form on the field - and yet we find ourselves (for this week at least) percentage ahead of the Tigers who are having a sensational year according to most. With that many top 10 draft picks you'd want to be having a good year!!!

Go Pies! What a win. Must back it up this week.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Great win. No doubt it was the first time in while we played as a unit, and not just as a unit but an aggressive unit.

I got the feeling we were out for blood yesterday crowd included, and it was this take no prisoners aggressive and hard wet weather footy that allowed us the luxury of not just beating but smashing essendope.

I hate robbing our back line of Reid and I wonder if it is a prudent move for the games to come, but who can doubt how much more potent we are up forward. If we are getting the ball foward but not kicking goals (as has been the case recently) then surely the benefit outweighs the loss. Is Keefe up to it? That question will be answered in the next two weeks but I would plead with bucks to start Reid forward next week and come out in our most attacking formation.

Superb effort pies.

We now need a swans or hawthorn scalp to really make sides nervous. At out best we can run with both but we need to continue the aggressive uncompromising style of play that we put on show yesterday.

Go pies!!!!

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Well that's a pleasing result Very Happy

That said I am not sold! sell it to me Collingwood....

That endeavour/performance should be the norm not the exception and so far this year it has been the exception....

All played well, though I worry about Caf tagging he looks nervous and his objective seems to be completely negative, it should be negative first with a want to spread and receive when we have the ball, special mention for Harry...thought he set the standard.

Blair I rate and always have.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:20 pm

#nodope #nohope

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Also from the pre game thread:

Presti35 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
So, which team do YOU think will turn up folks. ?? I reckon we just might get moody and nasty on show, at LONG last. !!!!

Well...

It will be our best game for the year.

Usually not the type to say I told you so but whatever! Razz

" ALL WE have done is awaken a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve. !" - Admiral Yamamoto, post Pearl Harbour, 1941. AND james hird, Clarkson, scott, Hardwicke, etc etc and all other shit scared coaches in the Finals. Wink Wink Razz Razz Razz

I suffered through that movie on Saturday night and did wonder about that quote from the Japanese admiral. Did he really say that I wonder?

Watched the game in a NSW bowling club last night and was the only Magpie in a nest of Bomber fans and the usual Collingwood hating hangers on. Funny that by half way through the third quarter I was the only person in the lounge bar.......they had all quietly cleared out. Maybe it was the noise I was making? Very Happy

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Just saw the best hash tag on The Tackle....

@sportsmadas: like dismantling and kicking essendon while they're down #nosympathy #standonhird

So that's it... from now on.... #standonhird ....

magpie57 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Am currently in Thailand but managed to catch the last half on a tv in a bar,is that the same team that struggled against the likes of GWS and Gold Coast-just goes to show what can happen with the right mental approach and pressure pressure pressure-fantastic effort and am so proud, especially as I was amongst a lot of Collingwood haters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: