Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies blitz Bombers - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily our best performance since late 2011. We actually looked like we did in 2010 with a phenomenal tackling performance with no let up across four quarters. How good was Keeffe? Made Gumbleton look like the joke I thought he was. Marley and Sinclair were great too. Marley is rapidly becoming my second favourite Pie and I might spring for a number 46 jumper soon (I'll wait until I know he's not getting a jumper upgrade at the end of the season). Elliot played his best game in weeks and actually stuck a tackle or two rather than being shrugged off (is that a sign that the Bombers drugs are wearing off?). Macca did a number on Heppell, no thanks to the maggots. Swan, Pendles and Beamer were good, Ball, Harry and Sidey were great. Dwyer did a job on that &*&) Zaharakis. Cloke got on top of Carlisle as the game went on, Reid pushed Fletcher one step closer to retirement, Q Stick and Grundy beat Ryder and Bellchambers (didn't see that one coming). Just a great all around team performance.
Precarious 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Well played pies! Pleasure to watch. Now if we can just go undefeated over the remaining four rounds while Sydney lose to Geelong and Hawthorn, or Geelong lose to Port, West Coast and Sydney, or Hawthorn lose to St Kilda, North and Sydney, or Freo lose to GWS and Melbourne, top four is ours unless Richmond pips us on percentage. Smile

Last edited by Precarious on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Also from the pre game thread:

Presti35 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
So, which team do YOU think will turn up folks. ?? I reckon we just might get moody and nasty on show, at LONG last. !!!!

Well...

It will be our best game for the year.

Usually not the type to say I told you so but whatever! Razz

" ALL WE have done is awaken a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve. !" - Admiral Yamamoto, post Pearl Harbour, 1941. AND james hird, Clarkson, scott, Hardwicke, etc etc and all other shit scared coaches in the Finals. Wink Wink Razz Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Easily our best performance since late 2011. We actually looked like we did in 2010 with a phenomenal tackling performance with no let up across four quarters. How good was Keeffe? Made Gumbleton look like the joke I thought he was. Marley and Sinclair were great too. Marley is rapidly becoming my second favourite Pie and I might spring for a number 46 jumper soon (I'll wait until I know he's not getting a jumper upgrade at the end of the season). Elliot played his best game in weeks and actually stuck a tackle or two rather than being shrugged off (is that a sign that the Bombers drugs are wearing off?). Macca did a number on Heppell, no thanks to the maggots. Swan, Pendles and Beamer were good, Ball, Harry and Sidey were great. Dwyer did a job on that &*&) Zaharakis. Cloke got on top of Carlisle as the game went on, Reid pushed Fletcher one step closer to retirement, Q Stick and Grundy beat Ryder and Bellchambers (didn't see that one coming). Just a great all around team performance.

I enjoyed every minute of that but how the hell did you come to the conclusion that Lynch and Gundy beat Ryder and Bellchambers? On face value I thought they were about even and the stats seem to back that up or suggest that they had the better of us. They had a heap more hitouts and they had a few more possessions. About the only downer of the whole night was on the clearance front where we got annihilated.

But forget all that crap because tonight we celebrate our best performance in a bloody long time.

Just hoping, praying and crossing everything that we bring that game again next week. The Doggies gave the Swans quite the fright for most of that game today. Perhaps there are some chinks in the armour yet!

Go Pies.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:19 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:

I enjoyed every minute of that but how the hell did you come to the conclusion that Lynch and Gundy beat Ryder and Bellchambers? On face value I thought they were about even and the stats seem to back that up or suggest that they had the better of us. They had a heap more hitouts and they had a few more possessions. About the only downer of the whole night was on the clearance front where we got annihilated.

But forget all that crap because tonight we celebrate our best performance in a bloody long time.

Just hoping, praying and crossing everything that we bring that game again next week. The Doggies gave the Swans quite the fright for most of that game today. Perhaps there are some chinks in the armour yet!

Go Pies.

Hitouts are a completely worthless statistic (an angel loses it's wings whenever anyone quotes hit out numbers as if they have any correlation to anything whatsoever), and most of their clearances were completely ineffective. I barely saw Ryder all game (looking it up he had 18 possessions. Huh?), and Bellchambers basically had one good passage of play all game.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:19 pm

An indication of the team effort is how many players have received votes in the GB Medal, so far.

19 members have voted. 17 players have been named (in no order) - Brown, Sidebottom, Cloke, Dwyer, Marley, Dwyer, Grundy, Swanny, Trav, Lynch, Caff, Reid, Ball, Harry, Beamer, Keeffe and Blair.

So rich was the talent that walloped Essendon that one S Pendlebury (27 disposals, 6 tackles and a goal) has yet to draw a vote. Smile

Another, who hasn't yet got a vote is the redoubtable Sinkers (20 possessions). Also, Jamie Elliott (11 disposals, 3 goals).

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Great win, couldn't be happier! Kudos to the coach for his selections (criticism in pre game thread was way ott) and to the players who never at any stage let up in their intensity. Really a perfect result!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

That was brilliant from start to finish. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we'd win by 79 points in the end. The way we played today is the way we must aspire to play every week. This consists of relentless tackling pressure on the opposition and no longer zoning off our opponents, but rather force a contest and make our opponent accountable for every disposal.

The intent was there from the start and you could tell that the Collingwood boys wanted to prove themselves to the Bombers who seemed to somewhat undermine us during the week indirectly as Collingwood's name got mentioned in the whole Essendon saga. Luke Ball's comment about being 'offended' was a sign that our playing group was angry and was out for vengeance. The whole team has made the fans very proud to support this fantastic club. It's strange that we can't beat the Suns at all, and we struggle to overcome GWS, yet we're able to smash the Dons. Clearly this has something to do with our mental attitude towards each game. If Collingwood is mentally switched on and ready to tackle like there's no tomorrow, we're an unstoppable force.

Tonight's performance was the best I've seen since 2011. It was relentless manic football which we prided ourselves on from 2010 and 2011. At half-time we were on 50 tackles to 26. This was a suggestion that our tackling abilities are still around but we need to work hard to sustain that effort. There were no passengers tonight and everyone contributed positively to our team's result in the end.

Sidey was BOG as he's got the capabilities to be an absolute gun of the competition. Consistency is the key for Sidey but I do believe that we have an absolute gem of a player coming along. He's only 22 years of age so there's plenty of footy ahead of him, Ball was great in-and-under the contests again and you can see that his presence helps ease the workload of Beams, Swan and Pendles. Reid looks fantastic down forward and in the process he's able to free up Cloke and Keefe is making a very smooth return to AFL football now. I love watching the young kid play and for 203cm he's definitely an agile player to say the least. Also how on earth did Cloke kick 5.0. That's a rare occurrence but I'll definitely take that though.

The only negative of the day is not being able to attend the game today. I'm actually kicking myself for not being there, but nevertheless I'm ecstatic and I can't stop smiling at the moment. This has made my weekend and I truly believe that our season isn't over and we're not going down without a fight at the very least. What a way to finish the game by jumping above Richmond on the ladder as well.

Next week isn't going to be easy against the Swans, but we've certainly given ourselves a good chance though considering our confidence would be high now. I really can't wait for next Saturday night now.

Now for the laughs. All week I've been trawling through BomberBlitz forums and I must say that this victory is even made sweeter by the fact that there pre-game comments make me laugh now. Here are the pre-game and post-game comments of this game. Sit back and have a laugh:

Pre-Game Comments:
Quote:
Collingwood are not very good, we should win at the MCG

What does that make Essendon now after that comment? Laughing

Quote:
ESSENDON TO DESTROY THE PIES!!!

You mean PIES TO DESTROY ESSENDON!!! Twisted Evil

Quote:
Pies are farked and are going down.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
%$^£$%^&%% after today we are going to crush the pies to a pulp

Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

Quote:
We have already steamrolled this mob once this season. Let's do it again.

Quote:
Could we have a better opponent after the events of the past week/24 hours?

No the best opponent to have was the one that would crush you by 79 points Razz Razz

Quote:
Finish these inbred sacks of shit off. They are FARKIN shit.

I think you're referring to your own scummy club mate Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Pies have lost to Suns and struggled against GWS - and are 1.75 favorites to beat us?

WOW!

Justified favourites after all Wink Wink

Quote:
Ben Reid out for 3-4 weeks. Announced at a Woodsmen Function on Sunday. Ball still getting over a calf strain so 50/50

Last time I checked, Reid destroyed you Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
I hope we have one seriously angry game against collingwood, really take the last months frustration out on them!

I hope Collingwood does the same thing...oh wait, they did Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Collingwood is gonna get pounded. Haha.

Wrong team buddy! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
God help Collingwood Sunday after tonight thats all I'm going to say.

God help Essendon now, they did get pounded Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post-Game Comments:
Quote:
THAT FARKING HURT!!!!

Quote:
This was woeful and a seriously worrying sign.

Quote:
Awful day for us.

Quote:
Hoping we are getting ready for finals but no loss like that is going to help.

I hope you're getting ready for 18th spot Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Quote:
Same shit, different year. We've seen it all before the past 8 years.

Yes we've seen it for the last 8 years, and long may it continue Twisted Evil

Quote:
Pies and Hawks made us look like a bottom 4 team.

Quote:
I should've gone to the two year old kids party I was invited to. At least I would've had cake.

That was so hard to watch.

Quote:
I reckon we'll win the next 4

Cats & Hawks also lost

I have faith in Hirdy to get them back up

You're dreaming Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Agree with the comments that it felt eerily like previous years.

Quote:
Pies were way better on the day.

We'll always be better Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
The c***s booing him make me sick, but it was good of our fans to drown them out with cheers.

Watson deserves all the boos he's received. How did he recover from his collarbone injury so quickly!! Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
%$^£$%^&%% the prick who had the 100% natural sign in the filth cheer squad

Brilliant. I heard someone here mention that should be our banner and I mentioned it to a CS member during the week. They must have taken the idea on board!! Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
Stick a fork in us. We are done.

Emotionally and physically wrecked.

Haven't looked with it for 4 weeks.

Quote:
One of the worst displays of football I have ever seen. Absolutely pathetic.

I was so embarrassed from that it is not funny.
2nd on the ladder last week to getting thrashed 2 weeks in a row!
We should renew that other thread and rename it the "The inevitable 3/4 year fadout."

Quote:
And you know what makes me sick, they get the last laugh on us. They belt us on the field, boo our captain and bronx cheer our players.

Farkin had it.

Without further ado: Let's give a big round of applause to the Essendon Football Club for a whole week's entertainment!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by Jezza on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

A total team effort, and not one,not one, passenger. great win all round.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Johnno75 

Book 48 in the Mr Men series to be released tomorrow

"Mr Fumble"

Just look in any good bookstores for the guy in the black and red jumper with the number 9 on his back.

BTW we're was the 2013 Anzac medalist tonight?

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
My Thoughts:

Finally Played 4 Qtrs
Grundy and Lynch together worked really well
Reid and Cloke did well up Forward. 8 Goal Between Them
Steele was Awsome
Ball Mark on Goddard was Great
N Brown had his best game of the Season
Harry O was Important
Keeffe did a Very Good Job

Dont forget Macaffer wiped the floor with Heppell. (He did give away 6 frees, but he murdered him).

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:30 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Yes our intensity was up tonight but the fact we had probably the best group of 21 (leaving JT out as he was the sub) made a massive difference.

Even if everyone was fit I reckon only Toovey, Daisy and maybe Young would get a game in that side tonight, even Fasolo and Jolly are no certainties anymore.

We will give the Swans and Hawks a good old shake now, and we are the one team no one wants to play in an elimination final in week 1.

Great win tonight, so happy.

Too true. Others may force their way in, Witts was probably unlucky to be omitted, Krakouer has been very good at VFL level the last 2 weeks. Seedsman, will come under consideration. Some tough selection decisions coming.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Jezza wrote:
Quote:
%$^£$%^&%% the prick who had the 100% natural sign in the filth cheer squad

Brilliant. I heard someone here mention that should be our banner and I mentioned it to a CS member during the week. They must have taken the idea on board!! Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LOL, that was MY idea they nicked, and I didn't even get a free ticket to the game as a royalty! Laughing

FANTASTIC work, Jezza. The ideal tonic to top off a magnificent day!

See the Bombers plummet down, DOWN... Twisted Evil
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Jezza summed it up beautifully

Extra credit to the backline today for the superlative effort

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:49 pm

The first time in two years we had winners all over the ground too.

Special plaudits to Harry O, who I thought was magnificent today after all he's been through. Keefe down back and Reid up forward is a winner. Goldsack is so valuable as a swingman. McCaffer has found his role as a tagger. And let's not forget the human battering ram himself: Luke Ball - you bloody ripper! And yes, Buckley-Sinclair can play as well. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: