Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:
This bloody forum has to be full of opposition supporters. So many moaners and whingers. "Oh I left at halt time", "I left at three quartrer time", "worst performance ever". "Buckley has to go blah blah blah". If you think the Club is so bad then piss off and support another club. Anyone who does not stick the knife in is called a sycophant. I will say it again. This forum is full of Collingwood haters. In my short time here I could name at least 2 blatant so called supporters who never miss the chance to rubbish Collingwood. I am sure they are club members but I would be pretty sure they are not members of Collingwood. More likely Carlton or Essendon members!

You know what? If Collingwood started playing like a premiership side two years ago all the criticism would disappear. The great thing about Nick's is that all threads are kept in perpetuity. I dare you to look at the threads during 2011 and you will not find a single negative thread and almost no negative post (Round 24 against Geelong excepted). Proves my point. The best way for Collingwood to stop the criticism is to start playing like a club that respects its 80,000 members and won a flag two years ago.

Jack, i like the fact that you never (afair) go the man rather than the ball, though others go for you. And I agree that there must be bold question marks over a coach who has a strong list but a game plan that looks awful. Now, that said, you really do have to look back through the threads kept in perpetuity to remind yourself just how anti-Malthouse and pro-Buckley you were through 2009 and 2010. A little humility is surely in order ?

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:50 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Our last two weeks have been the equivalent of Sharknado.

Sharknado was that bad it was great entertainment. And it was meant to be like that.
Can't say the same for us. It's just bad.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:12 am

Ive been watching GWS for 2 yrs live at home.
I wasnt surprised by the result, especially when Ball went out.
They build their whole game on contested ball and are now adding run and carry.
Ive said on here a few times that Cameron is the bes key forward in the game. Watching him start 5 meters behind Carlisle the week before and out sprint him to take a mark in the goal square when both started outside 50 was a regular occurrence.

There was an interesting article on Bucklys game plan changes, especially the difference to boundary line play versus run an carry including corridor use.
Defensive boundary play won us a GF but only the one in how many years under Mick playing this style ?
The new style seems very similar to what the CATS bring to the table and it has won them how many GF''s ?
With Gold coast and GWS talent being realised in the next few years, id rather have a style that will win games than defend them.
Bare in mind, as someone says our bottom 6 might not be elite yet however our bottom 6 would be luck to have played 50 games between them.

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:25 am

The teams with the best defense are the one playing in GFs. The Cats have a corridor style of play, but also structure up as one of the best defensively. That also shows in their points against column too!

ATM we leak to many points (and easy goals) and don't seem to score freely either. Worst of both worlds.
sweaty betty 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:55 am

Maybe they are depressed after a long hard season, or have SAD, or are missing enthusiastic people (like Daisy?). None ever seem to smile much even after goals (except for Steele who can't help it). Hire a comedian or send in the clowns.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Donny wrote:
Leading by 2 points at 3 quarter time.

Won by 40.

Last 10 shots on goal: Pies 5.3 to 2 points.

Our experience won the day but a lot to like about the Giants' effort.

Pleased with Grundy's game. Will only get better.

Giants looked good, can understand why they've stretched quite a few teams over 3 quarters this season. Will be very tough to beat next year and beyond, especially when you consider the players who didn't get a game for them.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm

melliot wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Ive said on here a few times that Cameron is the bes key forward in the game. Watching him start 5 meters behind Carlisle the week before and out sprint him to take a mark in the goal square when both started outside 50 was a regular occurrence.

There was an interesting article on Bucklys game plan changes, especially the difference to boundary line play versus run an carry including corridor use.
Defensive boundary play won us a GF but only the one in how many years under Mick playing this style ?
The new style seems very similar to what the CATS bring to the table and it has won them how many GF''s ?
With Gold coast and GWS talent being realised in the next few years, id rather have a style that will win games than defend them.
Bare in mind, as someone says our bottom 6 might not be elite yet however our bottom 6 would be luck to have played 50 games between them.

The teams with the best defense are the one playing in GFs. The Cats have a corridor style of play, but also structure up as one of the best defensively. That also shows in their points against column too!

ATM we leak to many points (and easy goals) and don't seem to score freely either. Worst of both worlds.

No doubt at all, defence is very important.
Defence and slow play in attack along the boundary for defence sakes is not.
2010 we were able to lock the ball into the forward line. This has now been overcome now by foot. We need to be strong defensively like the Cats but also score quickly and often - also like the cats. You either have the players that can execute and go through the corridor when it presents or you don't and play it safe along the boundary.
Cats are 3 flags and counting.........

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Perhaps I misunderstood. What were you?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:47 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

2012 is looking like champagne footy compared to 2013. I hated our decline last year, right now I'd take it back in a heart beat.

Said exactly the same thing to my missus late in the last quarter. And we can't just say it is injuries. We had just as many serious ones last season. Selection is a big issue. Why you wouldn't be playing Didak if you think you have a chance to play finals footy just astounds me.

Have you even seen Didak playing VFL?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Museman wrote:
Sidey made one very bad error but I thought while we were well just plain shit in 1-2 he was our only shining light in the midfield, harry played himself in but was like most... woeful early.

Is there not someone at the club that can find a plan to stop teams exploiting our in accuracy and waltzing out of our backline when a behind is scored????

Sidebottom got slaughtered in 1x1 contests all night, got a lot of easy kicks running around the outside but then his disposal was for the most part sub standard. Was the worst game I've seen from him in ages.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:16 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:
This bloody forum has to be full of opposition supporters. So many moaners and whingers. "Oh I left at halt time", "I left at three quartrer time", "worst performance ever". "Buckley has to go blah blah blah". If you think the Club is so bad then piss off and support another club. Anyone who does not stick the knife in is called a sycophant. I will say it again. This forum is full of Collingwood haters. In my short time here I could name at least 2 blatant so called supporters who never miss the chance to rubbish Collingwood. I am sure they are club members but I would be pretty sure they are not members of Collingwood. More likely Carlton or Essendon members!

Hear hear! Happy to be called a sycophant by haters.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Big T wrote:
Question for all - why does out VFL side have more pride and fight than our AFL side, and is it bettere football and a different game plan than our 1s? I follow the batman every week and it reads like a totally different strategy and effort. Coaching?

Plays the same gameplan.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

You know what? If Collingwood started playing like a premiership side two years ago all the criticism would disappear. The great thing about Nick's is that all threads are kept in perpetuity. I dare you to look at the threads during 2011 and you will not find a single negative thread and almost no negative post (Round 24 against Geelong excepted). Proves my point. The best way for Collingwood to stop the criticism is to start playing like a club that respects its 80,000 members and won a flag two years ago.
What a joke. Basically you are saying whenever your team is palying poorly kick them in the guts. That will really help you reckon? Of course no one complained in 2011 because we werre playing fantastic. Were you one of the morons who booed the team at half time? Do you condone that? BTW who do you support? Is it Collingwood? Essendon? GWS? Or Other? You never miss a chance to lay the boots in.

You learn to just ignore the swill he spews. Well most of it anyway.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:21 pm

No I sometimes miss a chance to lay the boots in.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:27 pm

melliot wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

And our defence has been the most unsettled aspect of our team for the last few seasons. Keeffe, Brown & Tooves doing knees. Goldsack missing large chunks of games. Maxwell cruelled by injury in 2012. Reid missing games. Tarrant missing games. Williams shoulder. BJs run with injuries.

Stability breeds consistency.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: