Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
Museman wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Didn't see a second of it.

Great decision by me.

What a piss poor performance that must have been.

I see by some reports Maxwell did the square root of jack once again.

If true drop him and send a clear message that no player is indispensable.

Buckley now officially on notice as coach.

Seriously swoop - are you now drinking with Hiss and Jack Spain?

There is more justification in MM getting sacked than Buckley - MM has no where near the injuries of last year and Blue don't even look like making the eight.

Ummm. Did you see the Blooze demolish the GC Suns at Metricon yesterday? Now tell me what we did the week earlier.

And as for using the injuries excuse - spare me. Our list is just NOT good enough and unless we recruit like billy-o, next season will be as frustrating as this one, because thanks to last night's last quarter recovery Buckley is now safe for a least another year. Mind you I have still tipped us to lose the last five games (and that tip is looking better after what North did to Melbourne yesterday). I would not want to be playing for a spot in the finals against North Melbourne in Round 23.

Did you?? mate that was far from a demolition....

Our last Q recovery basically matched theirs......

We are shit atm, and our attitude is worse, but please don't be so stupid as to use Carlton and MM as the measuring stick....

I too am more than a little worried about the Bux GP, but lets not forget who lost us a flag in 2011.

No one has pointed out that the Giants were playing their sub from the first quarter and ended the game with three players off due to concussion. They actually played one short all the last quarter. We smashed the Giants by 40 points (at home), the Blooze beat Ablett's Suns by 43 (away). I KNOW what the better footy result was.

And how did the Scum go against us 4 weeks ago?

That would be a better comparison.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:54 pm

Steele had a Very Good Game
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:41 pm

jack_spain wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Didn't see a second of it.

Great decision by me.

What a piss poor performance that must have been.

I see by some reports Maxwell did the square root of jack once again.

If true drop him and send a clear message that no player is indispensable.

Buckley now officially on notice as coach.

Seriously swoop - are you now drinking with Hiss and Jack Spain?

There is more justification in MM getting sacked than Buckley - MM has no where near the injuries of last year and Blue don't even look like making the eight.

Ummm. Did you see the Blooze demolish the GC Suns at Metricon yesterday? Now tell me what we did the week earlier.

And as for using the injuries excuse - spare me. Our list is just NOT good enough and unless we recruit like billy-o, next season will be as frustrating as this one, because thanks to last night's last quarter recovery Buckley is now safe for a least another year. Mind you I have still tipped us to lose the last five games (and that tip is looking better after what North did to Melbourne yesterday). I would not want to be playing for a spot in the finals against North Melbourne in Round 23.

This is why you are such an easy target - just turn your mind to round 15, that's the comparison that's relevant.
MM, your now rekindled favorite, has been humbled twice by his understudy and you can bet he is seething about it. And he has no injury excuses for missing the eight as Ratten had last year.

Many are saying he is past it, as is his game plan based on the results this season.

But you are so out of touch that I expect you will start the " Bring Back Mick" campaign very soon.
35reasons 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:43 pm

woftam wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
35reasons wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Scoreboard flattered us. Liked Grundy's game more than Witts'. Play Grundy next week as the 2nd ruck instead of Witts.

That's all I can be bothered writing at the moment. 3 quarters of incredibly frustrating football.

We might need both of them if Reid doesn't play.

If we drop a tall, it should be Keefe - who looks as if he needs a bit more time.

I really think you should stay out of this chat room until Monday or Tuesday when, hopefully, you will have sobered up. Keeffe was probably our best back today.

No probably about it. He was clearly our best defender.

Really? Which one of his 0 tackles was the best do you think?
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:02 pm

woftam wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Short memories. Melbourne (in their darkest days under Neeld) were trailing the Giants at 3/4 time, but kicked 11 goals in the last to run right over them. Last night we only kicked six goals in the last and the Giants were one player short. That's what I call perspective.

But still the people sing.... Rolling Eyes

ME and Ari and my boys never sang the song, just sat there bemused and bewildered, flat as tacks, but very relieved we did not drop it to this mob, man, the relief was palpable. ! By the time we bought our traditional post game victory doughnuts, we kinda perked up a bit, but it sure was no match to remember. ! Embarassed Wink

I record every game on Foxtel IQ. Especially if I'm at the game. The Geelong & second Carlton games are the only games I even watched the replay after I had got home. The rest have been either ugly wins or games where we have been belted by the opposition. Needless to say they were deleted immediately. What has happened to our football team?
What we are tossing up week after week is garbage & it is getting worse not better.

I think the win over North had a lot of merit too, we had no right to win that game.

But you're right, the rest of our wins have been either underwhelming or borderline embarrassing.

No surprise that the same sycophants that were happy with our second halves against Brions and Dogs are still looking for positives and trying to justify our rapid fall from grace and the obvious lack of unity in the team.

The latest "GWS is an improving team" is my favourite so far, gawd forbid they improve a bit more, they might register their first win in 2 years by the end of next season.
holdencaulfield 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:23 pm

This bloody forum has to be full of opposition supporters. So many moaners and whingers. "Oh I left at halt time", "I left at three quartrer time", "worst performance ever". "Buckley has to go blah blah blah". If you think the Club is so bad then piss off and support another club. Anyone who does not stick the knife in is called a sycophant. I will say it again. This forum is full of Collingwood haters. In my short time here I could name at least 2 blatant so called supporters who never miss the chance to rubbish Collingwood. I am sure they are club members but I would be pretty sure they are not members of Collingwood. More likely Carlton or Essendon members!
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:24 pm

35reasons wrote:
woftam wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
35reasons wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Scoreboard flattered us. Liked Grundy's game more than Witts'. Play Grundy next week as the 2nd ruck instead of Witts.

That's all I can be bothered writing at the moment. 3 quarters of incredibly frustrating football.

If we drop a tall, it should be Keefe - who looks as if he needs a bit more time.

I really think you should stay out of this chat room until Monday or Tuesday when, hopefully, you will have sobered up. Keeffe was probably our best back today.

You are basing his whole game on tackle count? Compared to Browny he did quite well in the one on one's against a very good opponent. Much improved game compared to the week before. Cameron was looking at god knows how many goals. Keeffe was able to quell him to a certain extent.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Witts and Grundy had 13 tackles between them while Swan, Pendles, Beams and Sidebottom combined for 12.

Tells you everything you need to know about our prime movers mindset.
35reasons 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:44 pm

woftam wrote:
35reasons wrote:
woftam wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
35reasons wrote:
Stupied wrote:

You are basing his whole game on tackle count? Compared to Browny he did quite well in the one on one's against a very good opponent. Much improved game compared to the week before. Cameron was looking at god knows how many goals. Keeffe was able to quell him to a certain extent.

Certainly games are more than tackle counts. But one would thing that the best defender during any given game would land one or two (forwards too, ask Dids about that). Keefe is a great asset for us, but yesterday he was a little unaccountable at times. Cameron's goal-kicking diminished once our midfield gained the ascendancy. Sure Keefe had an impact on him, and one that was greater than Brown's, but he wasn't our best defender.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm

ThePieMind wrote:

But you are so out of touch that I expect you will start the " Bring Back Mick" campaign very soon.

No, but I'm quite prepared to start a "Get Paul Roos" campaign. Laughing
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:34 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:
This bloody forum has to be full of opposition supporters. So many moaners and whingers. "Oh I left at halt time", "I left at three quartrer time", "worst performance ever". "Buckley has to go blah blah blah". If you think the Club is so bad then piss off and support another club. Anyone who does not stick the knife in is called a sycophant. I will say it again. This forum is full of Collingwood haters. In my short time here I could name at least 2 blatant so called supporters who never miss the chance to rubbish Collingwood. I am sure they are club members but I would be pretty sure they are not members of Collingwood. More likely Carlton or Essendon members!

You know what? If Collingwood started playing like a premiership side two years ago all the criticism would disappear. The great thing about Nick's is that all threads are kept in perpetuity. I dare you to look at the threads during 2011 and you will not find a single negative thread and almost no negative post (Round 24 against Geelong excepted). Proves my point. The best way for Collingwood to stop the criticism is to start playing like a club that respects its 80,000 members and won a flag two years ago.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 pm

35reasons wrote:
woftam wrote:
35reasons wrote:
woftam wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
35reasons wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Certainly games are more than tackle counts. But one would thing that the best defender during any given game would land one or two (forwards too, ask Dids about that). Keefe is a great asset for us, but yesterday he was a little unaccountable at times. Cameron's goal-kicking diminished once our midfield gained the ascendancy. Sure Keefe had an impact on him, and one that was greater than Brown's, but he wasn't our best defender.

Fair call. Perhaps Marley shaded him. Other than that I don't think the others were better.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:29 pm

jack_spain wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

You know what? If Collingwood started playing like a premiership side two years ago all the criticism would disappear. The great thing about Nick's is that all threads are kept in perpetuity. I dare you to look at the threads during 2011 and you will not find a single negative thread and almost no negative post (Round 24 against Geelong excepted). Proves my point. The best way for Collingwood to stop the criticism is to start playing like a club that respects its 80,000 members and won a flag two years ago.

Actually just looking like they care would be a good start!

And I thought Keefe was ok. Will take him a while to get back where he was- if my memory serves me right, he was only just getting the recognition he deserved last year when he went down.

The kids give me hope.

And Swanny was great last night.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:17 pm

This is the season of going no-where.

We are getting games into some kids, but that's about it.

It has been the most uninspiring season I remember. That includes 1999. At least they had a go and cared, even if they were no good.

I thought we were gaining some momentum after the blues and crows wins. We did play some good functional footy. But we've dropped back to our previous rubbish football.

I'm seriously questioning the coaching panel. The style we play is worse than Ross Lyons, cos at least his wins games on limited talent. The style we play doesn't score goals and doesn't prevent them. It's the worst of both worlds.

We need significant change in game plan now, so at least we can go into the finals with something different, cos we ain't going anywhere with this rubbish.

It my 40th on the day we meet the bombers, I don't hold much hope for us. But FFS at least go out there and play some decent footy that is watchable and I can barrack for, & get excited about.
holdencaulfield 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:26 pm

jack_spain wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

What a joke. Basically you are saying whenever your team is palying poorly kick them in the guts. That will really help you reckon? Of course no one complained in 2011 because we werre playing fantastic. Were you one of the morons who booed the team at half time? Do you condone that? BTW who do you support? Is it Collingwood? Essendon? GWS? Or Other? You never miss a chance to lay the boots in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: