Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

matrix10 wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Keefe on Cameron reminded me of Dawson on Rocca, damn laughable that Reid was not moved on to him after the 4th goal.

Keefe on Cameron was the best move of the day- He'd kicked 4 on Nathan Brown in the first q. If it wasnt for keefe, he wouldve kicked 15!

But I agree with most of the rest of your post.
You are right I meant Brown, but Keefe was marginally better. Reid was wasted when we needed him. Saints wanted Mitch Brown we should be offering them Nathan.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:53 am

Have I woken from a lovely dream that we were once a great side or am I am having a bad dream that we are shot to pieces and I'll soon wake up?

Wow there are some deluded Magpie fans around. As I left the G there were fans in raptures singing the song like we've knocked off a finals contender.

Our bottom six are not up to standard.

In that lot all of Thomas, Kennedy and Elliot should not be getting a game.

Anyone see Thomas' chase in the first 1/4 down the AFL wing? He stopped dead as the GWS player ran away. Worst chase I have seen since BT. He'll get the chop next week for that alone.

Elliot poor work ethic. Lord help us if we get Fasolo and Elliot in the same forward line trying to apply pressure. I'd take Stephen Patterson in a heart beat

Jury is out on Grundy, but otherwise our recruitment at the end of 2012 is now looking like a disaster.

Out: Thomas, Elliot, Kennedy, Witts

In: Krakouer, Didak, Ball, Lynch, Hudson

Jab Reid up, he needs to learn to play with pain.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:01 pm

I posted this at the end of the game thread last night.

jack_spain wrote:
I can hear the people (sycophants) sing....la, la, la, la, la.

My fears have been realised.

R_T_RUSH wrote:

Wow there are some deluded Magpie fans around. As I left the G there were fans in raptures singing the song like we've knocked off a finals contender.

Thanks for reminding us R_T_RUSH that there are some fairly dumb Magpie fans out there. No wonder we accept mediocrity as the norm.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:01 pm

think positive wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Mossi wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Cameron's stronger and tougher than Franklin. He's like a mixture of Franklin and Cloke, and that is scary for the competition.

Smile What a player, is quick does everything and you can play him as a lone forward! wouldn't you like him in black and white stripes!!

Would love it. The tragedy is he grew up as a pies supporter Sad

Throw the sink at him then; anything they like for him, open slather, no trade off the table

I never thought I'd say it, but I totally agree.

We left at 3/4 time. It was horrible, boring, junior would rather be doing VCE homework!

I don't know what's wrong, or how to fix it.

I still believe we have one of the best lists in the league, but like the players, it's too much effort to go there right now. No, I don't think they are all trying their guts out and bleeding for the jumper. Why? Who knows? Is it Bucks? Maybe he doesn't communicate the right way with the players, but something is wrong. There is not much side by side play on the field.

But what is killing us is our kicking. Watch cameron. Watch buddy Friday night. Why do 90% of our goals come after a long slog? Why do we so rarely manage a really nice bomb on the run, that actually finds the right gap? Why do we always make it look so hard? The only time we didn't was 2010. When we had multiple goal kickers every week.

As for those bagging the supporters for bagging the players, bullshit. Blind Freddy can see something is way off. the occasional bad kick, hand pass, dropped ball (how many fumbles last night? It wasn't wet, cold, or windy) fait enough, but it was like watching the keystone cops without the laughs at times.

GWS looked good. They also had three players with head hits, but they just kept on coming.

I'm majorly disappointed. And I don't know why. We should be playing far better than this, with the talent we have.

Well done Harry. And well done Swan. Without them we be toast. Grundy, wow, what a unit. That's as Positive as I can get right now.

Jezza, as usual, your spot on.

And, as others have said, FFS MAN UP!

I really don't think I can face the pedheads next week, or their obnoxious fans. We have been left this year with too many wins that feel more like losses. Spoilt? Maybe. Disappointed? Definitely.

TO get something awesome, you must give up likewise, re this amazing youngster Cameron, definitely another Lloyd. So, do we give em, say, Daisy and Pendles, or Daisy and Blair and someone else, what would get this exciting young forward to the Pies Question Question

Or am I dreaming. Confused Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:05 pm

Quote:

TO get something awesome, you must give up likewise, re this amazing youngster Cameron, definitely another Lloyd. So, do we give em, say, Daisy and Pendles, or Daisy and Blair and someone else, what would get this exciting young forward to the Pies Question Question

Or am I dreaming. Confused Question

Daisy and Pendles might get you a meeting with the club. Blair? Might get you thrown out.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:11 pm

Culprit, I don't think you should over-react to Cameron taking Nathan Brown apart early yesterday. He will do that a lot to top backmen over the next decade, if he stays fit. We simply didn't have a match-up for him - Reid would have done no better (he, like Brown, is way too slow for a player like Cameron). Keeffe is actually our most agile tall defender. He doesn't cover the ground quickly but he is good at recovering and turning, when it's necessary, so he is generally adept at preventing his opponent from cutting inside to take an easy shot. Yet even he was taken to the cleaners a couple of times by Cameron.

Nathan Brown is a fine player and, IMO, has been our best tall defender this season. We just have to accept that players have limitations (at least, until Jack Regan comes back). In a game like that one yesterday, the aim has to be to starve a talent like Cameron of opportunities to contest for the ball, not to leave him one-out with the/any defender and hope that defender suddenly reduces his average 20-metre sprint time by about one-third.

It's not the only measure of how the key-backs are going, of course, but despite Cameron's dominance, GWS took very few marks inside 50.

For mine, the real problem (apart from a continuing inability to hurt the opposition on the score-board when the chances come) is a one-paced mid-field. Some of the fast GWs boys cut through the lines like butter, yesterday - and it wasn't the first time this year that has happened. We know that none of Pendles, Sidey, Beams, Swan or Blair has pace to burn but it was actually quite disturbing watching the boys who have been brought in to add pace to our team (like Sinclair and Kennedy) completely unable to make up ground chasing their opponents. I should stress that I don't think that was for want of effort - I just think the quality of the physical stock at GWS is, on average, way higher than ours. My perception is that a "fast" Collingwood player would be an "average" or "slow" player at GWS. Give them a bit more stamina and we won't see which way they go.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Short memories. Melbourne (in their darkest days under Neeld) were trailing the Giants at 3/4 time, but kicked 11 goals in the last to run right over them. Last night we only kicked six goals in the last and the Giants were one player short. That's what I call perspective.

But still the people sing.... Rolling Eyes
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:45 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Short memories. Melbourne (in their darkest days under Neeld) were trailing the Giants at 3/4 time, but kicked 11 goals in the last to run right over them. Last night we only kicked six goals in the last and the Giants were one player short. That's what I call perspective.

ME and Ari and my boys never sang the song, just sat there bemused and bewildered, flat as tacks, but very relieved we did not drop it to this mob, man, the relief was palpable. ! By the time we bought our traditional post game victory doughnuts, we kinda perked up a bit, but it sure was no match to remember. ! Embarassed Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

ME and Ari and my boys never sang the song, just sat there bemused and bewildered, flat as tacks, but very relieved we did not drop it to this mob, man, the relief was palpable. ! By the time we bought our traditional post game victory doughnuts, we kinda perked up a bit, but it sure was no match to remember. ! Embarassed Wink

I record every game on Foxtel IQ. Especially if I'm at the game. The Geelong & second Carlton games are the only games I even watched the replay after I had got home. The rest have been either ugly wins or games where we have been belted by the opposition. Needless to say they were deleted immediately. What has happened to our football team?
What we are tossing up week after week is garbage & it is getting worse not better.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Culprit, I don't think you should over-react to Cameron taking Nathan Brown apart early yesterday. He will do that a lot to top backmen over the next decade, if he stays fit. We simply didn't have a match-up for him - Reid would have done no better (he, like Brown, is way too slow for a player like Cameron). Keeffe is actually our most agile tall defender. He doesn't cover the ground quickly but he is good at recovering and turning, when it's necessary, so he is generally adept at preventing his opponent from cutting inside to take an easy shot. Yet even he was taken to the cleaners a couple of times by Cameron.

Nathan Brown is a fine player and, IMO, has been our best tall defender this season. We just have to accept that players have limitations (at least, until Jack Regan comes back). In a game like that one yesterday, the aim has to be to starve a talent like Cameron of opportunities to contest for the ball, not to leave him one-out with the/any defender and hope that defender suddenly reduces his average 20-metre sprint time by about one-third.

It's not the only measure of how the key-backs are going, of course, but despite Cameron's dominance, GWS took very few marks inside 50.

For mine, the real problem (apart from a continuing inability to hurt the opposition on the score-board when the chances come) is a one-paced mid-field. Some of the fast GWs boys cut through the lines like butter, yesterday - and it wasn't the first time this year that has happened. We know that none of Pendles, Sidey, Beams, Swan or Blair has pace to burn but it was actually quite disturbing watching the boys who have been brought in to add pace to our team (like Sinclair and Kennedy) completely unable to make up ground chasing their opponents. I should stress that I don't think that was for want of effort - I just think the quality of the physical stock at GWS is, on average, way higher than ours. My perception is that a "fast" Collingwood player would be an "average" or "slow" player at GWS. Give them a bit more stamina and we won't see which way they go.

There were a few things that contributed to Cameron kicking 7 including 4 before Keefe played on him. I my view these include:

1. The way the beall was delivered to him from the very fast midfield & the fact they were well on top of contested possessions in the first half.

2. I thought GWS played their roles really well in terms of flooding our forward line, forcing turnovers on our part then quickly moving the ball into a contest where Cameron was one out. Again part of this is due to their midfiled pace, pressure & the fact that we were playing reacive footy to them - GWS were setting the footy agenda.

3. Some of our players were lazy yesterday.

4. GWS have some real class & pace. THier desire& desperation was evident from the first few minutes of the game & involved their team - we are not getting the team performance currently.

I believe all these factors led to Cameron's 7 (of course this is without saying what a tremendous footy player he is in his own right)

Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:33 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Museman wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Didn't see a second of it.

Great decision by me.

What a piss poor performance that must have been.

I see by some reports Maxwell did the square root of jack once again.

If true drop him and send a clear message that no player is indispensable.

Buckley now officially on notice as coach.

Seriously swoop - are you now drinking with Hiss and Jack Spain?

There is more justification in MM getting sacked than Buckley - MM has no where near the injuries of last year and Blue don't even look like making the eight.

Ummm. Did you see the Blooze demolish the GC Suns at Metricon yesterday? Now tell me what we did the week earlier.

And as for using the injuries excuse - spare me. Our list is just NOT good enough and unless we recruit like billy-o, next season will be as frustrating as this one, because thanks to last night's last quarter recovery Buckley is now safe for a least another year. Mind you I have still tipped us to lose the last five games (and that tip is looking better after what North did to Melbourne yesterday). I would not want to be playing for a spot in the finals against North Melbourne in Round 23.

Did you?? mate that was far from a demolition....

Our last Q recovery basically matched theirs......

We are shit atm, and our attitude is worse, but please don't be so stupid as to use Carlton and MM as the measuring stick....

I too am more than a little worried about the Bux GP, but lets not forget who lost us a flag in 2011.

No one has pointed out that the Giants were playing their sub from the first quarter and ended the game with three players off due to concussion. They actually played one short all the last quarter. We smashed the Giants by 40 points (at home), the Blooze beat Ablett's Suns by 43 (away). I KNOW what the better footy result was.

Did you watch both games? I am not making excuses here we were f#$king woeful.....

GWS were men down because they threw the kitchen sink at us...not the same at metricon..SIMPLE.

Suns come out against Carlton like they were suddenly world beaters....

Last edited by Museman on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Embarassed
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:38 pm

I wasn't that impressed with the special effects. Also the plot was not deep.
laird 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 pm

R_T_RUSH wrote:
Have I woken from a lovely dream that we were once a great side or am I am having a bad dream that we are shot to pieces and I'll soon wake up?

Our bottom six are not up to standard.

In that lot all of Thomas, Kennedy and Elliot should not be getting a game.

Anyone see Thomas' chase in the first 1/4 down the AFL wing? He stopped dead as the GWS player ran away. Worst chase I have seen since BT. He'll get the chop next week for that alone.

Elliot poor work ethic. Lord help us if we get Fasolo and Elliot in the same forward line trying to apply pressure. I'd take Stephen Patterson in a heart beat

Jury is out on Grundy, but otherwise our recruitment at the end of 2012 is now looking like a disaster.

Out: Thomas, Elliot, Kennedy, Witts

In: Krakouer, Didak, Ball, Lynch, Hudson

Jab Reid up, he needs to learn to play with pain.

Good on them! Best thing I have read on here today.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:11 pm

The only positive thing to come from yesterday's performance was the final score. Other than that we looked tired, lethargic, uninspired, lazy and flat for a good proportion of the game and would have been absolutely slaughtered by any of the other top 8 teams today had we served that up to them. We continue to not man up or be accountable for an opponent, make terrible decisions by hand and foot and where are our small forwards when the ball is booted to Cloke in a 3 on 1 contest? Why are they not at his feet to gather the crumbs like they should be. Couldn't hit a target if it was staring them in the eye. Next week will be very interesting against an emotionally fragile essenscum side. Hope Reid's injury is nothing too serious but we need to make some serious changes next week and bring in some experience because sadly, that's what's lacking. Our younger players are running around like headless chickens at times. Perhaps the long season is taking it's toll on them. Our ability to apply pressure on the ball carrier has gone. The way we play involves playing off our opponents but we always get found out because we keep turning the ball over. GWS like GCS will be a force within 3-5 years. Cameron is a gun and would flourish at a bigger and better club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: