Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

That was woeful viewing for me personally. I don't think I've felt deflated about a victory since Round 2 2010 when Melbourne almost caused an upset against us but we somehow won by a solitary point in the end. I didn't sing the song at the end and the way players sang it in the dressing room is a reflection of the way they played today.

The umpires were shit again in this game, but they had no bearing on how the game was progressing as time went on. It was our own fault for allowing GWS to play better than us. I didn't boo the players at half-time but I did wonder why I decided to attend the game as I was strongly considering to stay home, but I love the club too much and I wanted to support the boys anyway so that's why I attended.

Woftam has mentioned this but I'll mention it again as I totally agree with him. Buckley should start figuring out that playing a zone defence doesn't work and it's better to play a man-on-man defence which forces a contest. Too many times GWS were getting easy kick outs due to our zone. If we continue to play this style of football against Essendon, Sydney and Hawthorn, I really don't have much confidence of winning at all, but if we decide to force a contest and of course increase our tackling pressure then I give ourselves a chance to win. For years, Collingwood's trademark was it's ability to have sustained tackling pressure for the whole year but we don't seem to do it anymore.

Thank god we won in the end because frankly I don't know how I would have felt after losing to the only winless side of the competition and at home as well. There are some serious problems with our club at the moment. I don't know what it is but I do hope that the club figures it out before it potentially gets worse. Is it simply Bucks' game plan not being up to scratch, is there a player revolt against the coach, was forcing Mick to remove himself from head coach a mistake, does Geoff Walsh's resigning during the week indicate a sign that things are not right internally or is our list overrated and we're only finally establishing this now. Who knows to be honest?

Great game by Swan and I was impressed by Sidey's efforts as well. Really enjoyed Witts' game as well, despite some being critical of him and Grundy looks the goods but needs more game time to be honest. Lachie Keefe looked much better in his second game back and thank god he matched up on Cameron after Brown was throughly outplayed by him. I have to say that Jeremy Cameron is well on his way to being a star.

I'm really hoping Reid is ok after that injury he sustained in the last quarter.

I don't know about anyone else, but has watching football or Collingwood primarily become boring? I just don't feel excited after we win most games. I think I've only been on my feet jumping for joy maybe three or four times this year. The games I'm thinking of are Carlton in round 2, Richmond in round 4, Geelong in round 8 and Carlton in round 15. Anyway does anyone else feel the same or is it just me? Don't get me wrong I love seeing us win but most of our wins have been ho-hum and mostly unconvincing in my opinion. Let's just say that most of these wins won't send shivers down the spines of Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong or Fremantle for that matter.

A win is a win as they say and a week in football is a long time, but it's time for some serious character and fight in the next three weeks.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:59 am

jack_spain wrote:
Museman wrote:
flowergirls

Is that the same use of flower we read on Tanking Carlton? Laughing

The Staunton would have us believe that was a Milne of an effort by Collingwood today. I totally agree. Razz

Could not agree more...

It was a Milne of a first 3 qrs, that is for sure

Burn the tape, nothing to see here, Buckley dodged a huge bullet, and that's all you need to know

As bad a performance as I can remember since Raso was a boy

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:12 am

woftam wrote:
We have a talented list that doesn't seem to be able to play whatever game style it is that we are trying to play. The blue print for playing against us seems to be the same week in & week out, yet nothing seems to be done to counter it.

Play a spare man back to help on Cloke. We allow it & use Maxwell as ours.
Maxwell does not help his defenders when playing this role. Cameron had one on ones with Brown or Keefe all night with a paddock to run into. No help at any stage from our skipper.
Circle us at the stoppages creating many loose players on the outside.
Kick to the unmanned team mate while the pies play their zone.

Here is a tip Bucks. In order to get the footy off the opposition you have to make a contest. Even GWS were playing man on man every time we had the ball. But not us. We persist with a zone that has proved to be able to be sliced apart. Please just make the opposition kick to a contest. The best place to defend is in our forward half. You can't lock it in playing a crap zone.

In a nutshell!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:16 am

One of the worst displays of AFL football I have witnessed. The public should get a refund. The crowd numbers were a joke was 32k the crowd or was that seats sold as I reckon there was about 25k there. Next week, 4.40pm on a Sunday will see another crap crowd? What a joke the AFL has become and what a laughing stock the famous Collingwood Football Club are at the moment.

Forget all the spin, there is something clearly wrong down at Westpac Centre. Pert should be on the phone to Paul Roos and say whatever the AFL offered you to coach Melbourne we will double it.

Buckley's coaching reminds me of a junior football coach at times. Lappin has no idea how to instruct the forward line and Harvey is confusing our midfield.

Keefe on Cameron reminded me of Dawson on Rocca, fricking laughable that Reid was not moved on to him after the 4th goal.

What the hell are our smalls being played up the ground all the time for? The forwards fail to mark and there is no one there to crumb the ball. This is basic junior football coaching. Playing midgets in key marking positions has me shaking my head. When our midfielders were getting the ball last night they were turning around and heading to the oppositions goal 90% of the time. Set shots for goal and missing is now beyond a joke. Even Swan trying to stab the ball through from 30 out with no wind misses what he is paid to kick. I read somewhere Buckley is using the corridor more, yep I agree with that; but the players don't hit the target and we turn it over regularly and against good teams we will get a smacking. Elliot starting as Sub OMG what a joke.

There is no intensity in our players. They are lazy, they don't man up once the opposition has the ball. The skill level at times by the so called guns is a joke and is frustrating.

Next week we face the Bombers and whilst we should get pumped the way the year has transpired we will probably win.

I'm angry after and last night was the straw that broke the camels back. Will Eddie admit he made a mistake appointing his love child as coach and no I didn't want MM to continue on either.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 am

Cold hard light of day, 4 points, nothing more, nothing less.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:22 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Mossi wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Cameron's stronger and tougher than Franklin. He's like a mixture of Franklin and Cloke, and that is scary for the competition.

Smile What a player, is quick does everything and you can play him as a lone forward! wouldn't you like him in black and white stripes!!

Would love it. The tragedy is he grew up as a pies supporter Sad

Throw the sink at him then; anything they like for him, open slather, no trade off the table

I never thought I'd say it, but I totally agree.

We left at 3/4 time. It was horrible, boring, junior would rather be doing VCE homework!

I don't know what's wrong, or how to fix it.

I still believe we have one of the best lists in the league, but like the players, it's too much effort to go there right now. No, I don't think they are all trying their guts out and bleeding for the jumper. Why? Who knows? Is it Bucks? Maybe he doesn't communicate the right way with the players, but something is wrong. There is not much side by side play on the field.

But what is killing us is our kicking. Watch cameron. Watch buddy Friday night. Why do 90% of our goals come after a long slog? Why do we so rarely manage a really nice bomb on the run, that actually finds the right gap? Why do we always make it look so hard? The only time we didn't was 2010. When we had multiple goal kickers every week.

As for those bagging the supporters for bagging the players, bullshit. Blind Freddy can see something is way off. the occasional bad kick, hand pass, dropped ball (how many fumbles last night? It wasn't wet, cold, or windy) fait enough, but it was like watching the keystone cops without the laughs at times.

GWS looked good. They also had three players with head hits, but they just kept on coming.

I'm majorly disappointed. And I don't know why. We should be playing far better than this, with the talent we have.

Well done Harry. And well done Swan. Without them we be toast. Grundy, wow, what a unit. That's as Positive as I can get right now.

Jezza, as usual, your spot on.

And, as others have said, FFS MAN UP!

I really don't think I can face the pedheads next week, or their obnoxious fans. We have been left this year with too many wins that feel more like losses. Spoilt? Maybe. Disappointed? Definitely.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:45 am

Do we really have one of the most talented lists in the league?

I reckon this is no longer true. We all say it but pound for pound, we are now middle of the road. Think about it.

Worst captain in the league and he should be dropped.

Our marque full forward proved once and for all he cannot kick straight.

Our best mid is due to retire and ball is in decline. Midfield now moving to middle of the road area.

Our key backs are injury prone and unreliable.

Our other defenders are either in decline or nut jobs.

Our mature ruckmen are finished. Our young rucks have potential.

Our youngsters are our future but unknown and no better than any other club.

Sorry, our list is no longer top four material and the sooner you all realise that, the better we will all be.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:50 am

Question for all - why does out VFL side have more pride and fight than our AFL side, and is it bettere football and a different game plan than our 1s? I follow the batman every week and it reads like a totally different strategy and effort. Coaching?
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:18 am

Culprit wrote:

Keefe on Cameron reminded me of Dawson on Rocca, damn laughable that Reid was not moved on to him after the 4th goal.

Keefe on Cameron was the best move of the day- He'd kicked 4 on Nathan Brown in the first q. If it wasnt for keefe, he wouldve kicked 15!

But I agree with most of the rest of your post.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:19 am

Flashman wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

2012 is looking like champagne footy compared to 2013. I hated our decline last year, right now I'd take it back in a heart beat.

Said exactly the same thing to my missus late in the last quarter. And we can't just say it is injuries. We had just as many serious ones last season. Selection is a big issue. Why you wouldn't be playing Didak if you think you have a chance to play finals footy just astounds me.

I watched Did's in the twos and he was average. Even his beautiful foot skills were a bit off.

I was a big believer in him but sadly I think his time has past now but he does deserve another game or two at senior level as thanks for services rendered.

Not much motivation at VFL. Was Bucks ever forced to play in the Twos?
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:25 am

swoop42 wrote:

I see by some reports Maxwell did the square root of jack once again.

If true drop him and send a clear message that no player is indispensable.

Buckley now officially on notice as coach.

Join the club swoop42. Hawthorn dropped Brad Sewell and he came back firing, but we would never have dropped Sewell because the level he was playing at when he got dropped would put Maxwell's lack of contribution to shame. I guess that's what Hawthorn can do when they have real depth at their club.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:29 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WE looked sloppy, lazy and inept for the first half, and gws had a red hot go. Then we got our act together, did much better, and I guess we take forty points and run with it. Grundy looks real good, witts is slowly getting there, didak should have played, and swannie was just awesome. We wont win the flag, so lets use this season as a springboard for next season, play more kids, get game time into as many as we can, and try to somehow beat the dons next week, after a week from hell that is coming up for them. !

People who think Didak should have played obviously haven't watched him in the reserves - he struggled (again) to keep with Casey. He no longer has AFL-standard leg-speed. It's sad but there is no point blaming the selectors - there is no saviour running around in the seconds, at the moment.

Geez I overstated the quality of our list then. When people were banging on about us having the best list in the AFL I hit the reality button and said, "No, we have the 6th best list." Obviously I was overstating our list quality by some margin. Razz

BTW people are so desperate to save Maxwell from shame they are talking about reinventing him as a forward. I'd rather drop Maxwell and play Didak than go through THAT charade. Geez we have become a weak club!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:41 am

ThePieMind wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Didn't see a second of it.

Great decision by me.

What a piss poor performance that must have been.

Seriously swoop - are you now drinking with Hiss and Jack Spain?

There is more justification in MM getting sacked than Buckley - MM has no where near the injuries of last year and Blue don't even look like making the eight.

Ummm. Did you see the Blooze demolish the GC Suns at Metricon yesterday? Now tell me what we did the week earlier.

And as for using the injuries excuse - spare me. Our list is just NOT good enough and unless we recruit like billy-o, next season will be as frustrating as this one, because thanks to last night's last quarter recovery Buckley is now safe for a least another year. Mind you I have still tipped us to lose the last five games (and that tip is looking better after what North did to Melbourne yesterday). I would not want to be playing for a spot in the finals against North Melbourne in Round 23.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:36 am

jack_spain wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Great decision by me.

There is more justification in MM getting sacked than Buckley - MM has no where near the injuries of last year and Blue don't even look like making the eight.

Ummm. Did you see the Blooze demolish the GC Suns at Metricon yesterday? Now tell me what we did the week earlier.

And as for using the injuries excuse - spare me. Our list is just NOT good enough and unless we recruit like billy-o, next season will be as frustrating as this one, because thanks to last night's last quarter recovery Buckley is now safe for a least another year. Mind you I have still tipped us to lose the last five games (and that tip is looking better after what North did to Melbourne yesterday). I would not want to be playing for a spot in the finals against North Melbourne in Round 23.

Did you?? mate that was far from a demolition....

Our last Q recovery basically matched theirs......

We are shit atm, and our attitude is worse, but please don't be so stupid as to use Carlton and MM as the measuring stick....

I too am more than a little worried about the Bux GP, but lets not forget who lost us a flag in 2011.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 am

Museman wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Great decision by me.

Did you?? mate that was far from a demolition....

Our last Q recovery basically matched theirs......

We are shit atm, and our attitude is worse, but please don't be so stupid as to use Carlton and MM as the measuring stick....

I too am more than a little worried about the Bux GP, but lets not forget who lost us a flag in 2011.

No one has pointed out that the Giants were playing their sub from the first quarter and ended the game with three players off due to concussion. They actually played one short all the last quarter. We smashed the Giants by 40 points (at home), the Blooze beat Ablett's Suns by 43 (away). I KNOW what the better footy result was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: