Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WE looked sloppy, lazy and inept for the first half, and gws had a red hot go. Then we got our act together, did much better, and I guess we take forty points and run with it. Grundy looks real good, witts is slowly getting there, didak should have played, and swannie was just awesome. We wont win the flag, so lets use this season as a springboard for next season, play more kids, get game time into as many as we can, and try to somehow beat the dons next week, after a week from hell that is coming up for them. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
WE looked sloppy, lazy and inept for the first half, and gws had a red hot go. Then we got our act together, did much better, and I guess we take forty points and run with it. Grundy looks real good, witts is slowly getting there, didak should have played, and swannie was just awesome. We wont win the flag, so lets use this season as a springboard for next season, play more kids, get game time into as many as we can, and try to somehow beat the dons next week, after a week from hell that is coming up for them. !

People who think Didak should have played obviously haven't watched him in the reserves - he struggled (again) to keep with Casey. He no longer has AFL-standard leg-speed. It's sad but there is no point blaming the selectors - there is no saviour running around in the seconds, at the moment.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
Got the 4 points. Pleased with Grundy and Witts.

Really missed Ball in the clearances. What was wrong with him? Got to the game and noticed Kennedy was in.

had a sore knee against the Suns

Ok. Thanks for that. Guess playing safe.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:00 pm

Lots to like about going to the MCG today:

1. Got a good car park near Malvern Station & the train wasn't too full on the way there & back;
2. Didn't struggle to locate a good seat in GA with my H&A membership;
3. Had my first beer at the footy this year - I know last of the heavy drinkers!
4. Grundy looked good in bits & will be a player;
5. Marley Williams continues to impress;
6. Keefe getting better - great disposal by hand & by foot;
7. Harry was pretty good.
8. Had a 'nice' coffee too!!

We won.

& I heard that Essendon Chairman resigned from the Bombers today on my little portable wireless radio during the second half!!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Mossi wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Cameron's stronger and tougher than Franklin. He's like a mixture of Franklin and Cloke, and that is scary for the competition.

Smile What a player, is quick does everything and you can play him as a lone forward! wouldn't you like him in black and white stripes!!

Would love it. The tragedy is he grew up as a pies supporter Sad

Throw the sink at him then; anything they like for him, open slather, no trade off the table

Runs like a gazelle, tall and powerfully built, a complete mis-match against any player in our side, kicks straight over 60m off his left, clunks contested marks, leads beautifully.

Now, let me think - would they swap him for Kennedy?

Or would the trade maybe be more like him for Dale Thomas, Pendlebury AND Cloke? If he doesn't get cut down by injuries and is able to develop his game, he might kick 20 goals one day. An extraordinary talent. If Franklin goes to GWS, he'll probably just tool about on the half-forward flank - he certainly won't take Cameron's spot.
holdencaulfield 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:04 pm

The first half was frustrating and disappointing.. I even heard a few dick-heads booing their own team. Never done it and never will. However let us not forget that we trailed by 16 points at half time but won by forty. We kicked 11 goals 10 points to GWS 3 goals 2 points in the second half. So why all the invective?
Cameron was sensational for them but take his 7 goals out and GWS would have been impotent.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Quote:
Grundy, first game, showed what the VFL watchers have seen, but stepped up to the tempo. The kid is good and will get better.

Yeah he did have a Good Game and Showed non VFL Watchers what he has

Quote:
Brodie Grundy proved DTM correct. The guy is going to be a good player; he's strong, smart and aggressive

Glad you like what you see

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:03 am

Piesnchess wrote:
didak should have played......... play more kids, get game time into as many as we can !

Agreed with the rest of your post but here you totally contradict yourself
Didak is cooked thank him for years of service and a GF but he will not play senior football again

He is still a legend of a player and 2010 says thank you

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:24 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Or would the trade maybe be more like him for Dale Thomas, Pendlebury AND Cloke?

You got it. They wouldn't be interested in anything less than two and a half genuine A Grade players with decent experience but plenty of years left on the clock. Even then, they'd do better not to. Another couple of years and their own kids will be experienced enough to stand alone, and the ultimate challenge of an AFL season will be to win the chance to lose to GC or GWS in a prelim. Don't worry about going past that to lose a GF, it won't happen. Not for us, not for Geelong, not for Essendon, not for anyone.

hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:26 am

i didn't think it was that bad,Pendles hardly was in the middle for the first half Buck played kids in there most of the time with either swanny or beamer ,when swan beams and pendles started in the third we kicked 4 goals in 5 mins.as for kicking around the back line most of the game all there players were inside our fwd 50 which is what happens most weeks probably to nullify cloke ans as good as cameron was and is a star already he got a lot of kicks running on and getting cheapies out the back
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:31 am

swoop42 wrote:
Didn't see a second of it.

Great decision by me.

What a piss poor performance that must have been.

I see by some reports Maxwell did the square root of jack once again.

If true drop him and send a clear message that no player is indispensable.

Buckley now officially on notice as coach.

Seriously swoop - are you now drinking with Hiss and Jack Spain?

There is more justification in MM getting sacked than Buckley - MM has no where near the injuries of last year and Blue don't even look like making the eight.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:09 am

35reasons wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Scoreboard flattered us. Liked Grundy's game more than Witts'. Play Grundy next week as the 2nd ruck instead of Witts.

That's all I can be bothered writing at the moment. 3 quarters of incredibly frustrating football.

We might need both of them if Reid doesn't play.

If we drop a tall, it should be Keefe - who looks as if he needs a bit more time.

I really think you should stay out of this chat room until Monday or Tuesday when, hopefully, you will have sobered up. Keeffe was probably our best back today.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:11 am

This game was more disappointing than last week's disaster. honestly, if the Giants hadn't suffered 3 injuries they may have got over the top of us. For most of this game we were insipid. We were tentative, stationary and played with little structure or purpose. No wonder Bucks ripped into them at half time.

Anyway here's my good and bad from the game.

Good:

Grundy showed a lot of promise. He should keep his spot for the remainder of the year. When/if Jolly comes back i'd keep Grundy and drop Witts.

Keefe was solid, despite losing out a few times to Cameron who is an absolute gun player.

Harry made a good return and was one of the few players to provide us with run and carry.

Swan was terrific.

Reid looked dangerous up forward (again), so we should leave him there and play Cloke out at CHF.

The bad:

Overall, we played without purpose. For most of the game the Giants made us look slow and unskilful.

Thomas and Dwyer had no impact (that I noticed anyway), so maybe they need a rest.

Kennedy made too many errors so needs to go back to the VFL for the remainder of the year and resume in the seniors next year after a solid pre-season.

Maxy looks to me like he's on his last legs. Time to hang up the boots mate.

Macaffer is simply not good enough at AFL level im - sorry Tannin!
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:31 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
35reasons wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Scoreboard flattered us. Liked Grundy's game more than Witts'. Play Grundy next week as the 2nd ruck instead of Witts.

That's all I can be bothered writing at the moment. 3 quarters of incredibly frustrating football.

We might need both of them if Reid doesn't play.

If we drop a tall, it should be Keefe - who looks as if he needs a bit more time.

I really think you should stay out of this chat room until Monday or Tuesday when, hopefully, you will have sobered up. Keeffe was probably our best back today.

No probably about it. He was clearly our best defender.
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:45 am

I too was impressed by Grundy's first game and am also coming to the conclusion that Witts is a better candidate for the Leigh Brown role than Lynch. (although at 208cm tall he is considerably slower that Leroy was or Q-stick is) The problem this week was that we only had half our midfield. Swan, Sidey, and Beams were good, Blair was OK. Pendles was poor by his high standards, Thomas and Dwyer were poor by any standards and Kennedy was non-existent.

Cameron is going to be very, very good. If the reports about Hogan at Casey are correct then he is also going to very good. Fortunately both of them are at clubs that will struggle to get the ball inside the front 50 very often next year. In a few years time though they will both be 100+ goals per season full forwards. I don't think the AFL has had two at the same time since Lockett and Dunstall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: