Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the suns and giants are teams on the up, my god they are under 18 all star sides developing with top up stars from other clubs. Amazes me everyone marveling at their improvement while other clubs lament the lack of talent available.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:57 pm

1eyedpie wrote:
Went home and listened to the game on the radio.

Commentators were barracking hard for GWS and you could feel their disappointment in the end.

I've always enjoyed the ABC radio coverage of the football, but I had to switch off at half-time today. It's one thing to get excited about the underdog doing well, but Mark MacLure was laying it on a little too thick for my liking. Made an already-frustrating experience insufferable.

Last edited by David on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Big T wrote:
magirl wrote:
Troppo wrote:
"If you're all man enough, you'll take this on the chin and lower your head:

Nicksters who have here today, and more frequently also in recent weeks, been disparaging the Pies game efforts this season need to have a good hard look at themselves.

What particular right do you believe you have to expect constant success from our boys? They are a top group of skilful performers with a support structure second to none. But this year other teams have stretched their necks in the last furlong or so and have slipped past the black and white silks. It’s not that we have been nobbled or are lacking in capability, it’s just that the other runners have gone up a class.

Take into account the basic facts that we cannot win all the time nor can continuing domination be expected – look at the many dark periods our boys have suffered over the years. Instead of reaching for the knives and spitting the clueless froth in anger, take a pause and realise that you can still be proud of our lads, despite appearances.

Are you mice or men?"

Troppo then wrote

"Big T, those of us who have been black and white through and through over the many years, don't allow ourselves to get caught up in the venal internal politics of the club, but stand foursquare beside and behind the boys that have to bleed for their team. Week in and week out.

Welded-on supporters pay no regard to the poncing paranoia of the corporate troglodytes who fancy that they are the leaders of this club.

We are for the boys that fight on the turf for us and our proud heritage.

Collateral damage is so sad and unacceptable, but when knocking this behaviour don't ever transfer your angst to the playing rosta."

Magirl's comment
Two great posts by Troppo in the game day thread. Well said. When you have followed the pies for 53 years you learn this. Especially if you were born in 1960. Premierships are a joy, but do not come constantly. You really need to savour them when they come. Next year was like a broken record in our home at the end of each season. Being a supporter Is about supporting the team through the hard time as well as the good times. Look for constructive ways to get behind them.

So well said Troppo

I am a long term member and I love bucks but a few things in the last years have left a very sour taste in my mouth. Agree it shouldn't transfer to the playing roster but that's inevitable if the club loses its way. I am not and have never been into blind loyalty. Look at Essendon and realise it's a fools game.

Loyalty is about supporting the club and the jumper and its history. It is not the same thing as holding the club's employees above criticism. As I said in the game day thread, the players seem to me to be trying and putting their bodies on the line, and I think it behooves the keyboard warriors to respect that. The coaching, however, has turned a premiership side into near bottom eight material in two years. It deserves serious scrutiny and challenge, however much of a club great Nathan Buckley was as a player.

Some of those employees who have allegedly been seen munted and pissed up out on the town, not by muckrackers, but by LOYAL supporters. Some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:59 pm

David wrote:
1eyedpie wrote:
Went home and listened to the game on the radio.

Commentators were barracking hard for GWS and you could feel their disappointment in the end.

I've always enjoyed the ABC radio coverage of the football, but I had to switch off at half-time. It's one thing to get excited about the underdog doing well, but Mark MacLure was laying it on a little too thick for my liking.

Wasn't much better over on SEN the Ox was beside himself when he thought GWS was a chance!

BARRACK HARD!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:59 pm

Monco Matt wrote:

2012 is looking like champagne footy compared to 2013. I hated our decline last year, right now I'd take it back in a heart beat.

Said exactly the same thing to my missus late in the last quarter. And we can't just say it is injuries. We had just as many serious ones last season. Selection is a big issue. Why you wouldn't be playing Didak if you think you have a chance to play finals footy just astounds me.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Pathetic first half. Lazy, sloppy, inept and frustrating.

Second half not great but better.

Grundy looks a beauty, Keefe was very good and Swanny and Beams were both excellent which is about it for positives.

I will say that Jeremy Cameron is going to be even better than Buddy Franklin imo. Big call but his level of talent is off the charts.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:05 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Fed up with shorty Elliott. He needs to learn that the whole Club is not about him looking good. Drop him now. He needs to learn how to pass the ball and stop trying to look could in the TV grabs.
AN_Inkling 

Cameron's stronger and tougher than Franklin. He's like a mixture of Franklin and Cloke, and that is scary for the competition.
What'sinaname Libra

I know this game played out like so many other GWS games against better teams (e.g. Geelong and Essendon), but that didn't make it any easier to watch.

I guess I'm more disappointed because I was expecting the players to come out hard after the debacle last week, but we didn't see anything until the first 3 minutes of the third quarter and then the last quarter.

Even the first year players should be able to come out breathing fire?

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Keefe and Grundy were very good, and Witts wasn't disgraced. Harry was excellent, quite frankly I believe we would of lost without him. Todays game is an example of why I think we should consider (consider mind, not definitely) trade Brown.

Reids injury looked bad; hopefully just a sprain. Although it probably doesn't matter much for this year.

And yes, Swan (bar his average kicking) was very good. He has certainly improved over the course of the year.

Didn't even know Shaw was playing until the 2nd quarter; when I did notice him I wished I hadn't.

Still not sold on Blair but he gives his all

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:08 pm

It was just a relief to win in the end,but by God that game was hard to watch.The first half was some of the worst football I've seen us play in a long,long time.I really don't know where this team is going.There's something seriously wrong with the way they play,and the game plan,well I don't even know what it is because it looks like such a mess.I hope Reid's injury isn't too bad.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Cameron will be a freak; will make Jonathon Brown look like Frankie Raso

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:13 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Cameron's stronger and tougher than Franklin. He's like a mixture of Franklin and Cloke, and that is scary for the competition.

Smile What a player, is quick does everything and you can play him as a lone forward! wouldn't you like him in black and white stripes!!
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Mossi wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Smile What a player, is quick does everything and you can play him as a lone forward! wouldn't you like him in black and white stripes!!

Would love it. The tragedy is he grew up as a pies supporter Sad
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Stupied wrote:
Mossi wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Would love it. The tragedy is he grew up as a pies supporter Sad

Throw the sink at him then; anything they like for him, open slather, no trade off the table

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: