Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoreboard flattered us. Liked Grundy's game more than Witts'. Play Grundy next week as the 2nd ruck instead of Witts.

That's all I can be bothered writing at the moment. 3 quarters of incredibly frustrating football.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:36 pm

magirl wrote:
Troppo wrote:
"If you're all man enough, you'll take this on the chin and lower your head:

Nicksters who have here today, and more frequently also in recent weeks, been disparaging the Pies game efforts this season need to have a good hard look at themselves.

What particular right do you believe you have to expect constant success from our boys? They are a top group of skilful performers with a support structure second to none. But this year other teams have stretched their necks in the last furlong or so and have slipped past the black and white silks. It’s not that we have been nobbled or are lacking in capability, it’s just that the other runners have gone up a class.

Take into account the basic facts that we cannot win all the time nor can continuing domination be expected – look at the many dark periods our boys have suffered over the years. Instead of reaching for the knives and spitting the clueless froth in anger, take a pause and realise that you can still be proud of our lads, despite appearances.

Are you mice or men?"

Troppo then wrote

"Big T, those of us who have been black and white through and through over the many years, don't allow ourselves to get caught up in the venal internal politics of the club, but stand foursquare beside and behind the boys that have to bleed for their team. Week in and week out.

Welded-on supporters pay no regard to the poncing paranoia of the corporate troglodytes who fancy that they are the leaders of this club.

We are for the boys that fight on the turf for us and our proud heritage.

Collateral damage is so sad and unacceptable, but when knocking this behaviour don't ever transfer your angst to the playing rosta."

Magirl's comment
Two great posts by Troppo in the game day thread. Well said. When you have followed the pies for 53 years you learn this. Especially if you were born in 1960. Premierships are a joy, but do not come constantly. You really need to savour them when they come. Next year was like a broken record in our home at the end of each season. Being a supporter Is about supporting the team through the hard time as well as the good times. Look for constructive ways to get behind them.

So well said Troppo

I am a long term member and I love bucks but a few things in the last years have left a very sour taste in my mouth. Agree it shouldn't transfer to the playing roster but that's inevitable if the club loses its way. I am not and have never been into blind loyalty. Look at Essendon and realise it's a fools game.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:36 pm

magirl wrote:
Troppo wrote:

Nicksters who have here today, and more frequently also in recent weeks, been disparaging the Pies game efforts this season need to have a good hard look at themselves.

What particular right do you believe you have to expect constant success from our boys? They are a top group of skilful performers with a support structure second to none. But this year other teams have stretched their necks in the last furlong or so and have slipped past the black and white silks. It’s not that we have been nobbled or are lacking in capability, it’s just that the other runners have gone up a class.

Take into account the basic facts that we cannot win all the time nor can continuing domination be expected – look at the many dark periods our boys have suffered over the years. Instead of reaching for the knives and spitting the clueless froth in anger, take a pause and realise that you can still be proud of our lads, despite appearances.

Are you mice or men?"

Troppo then wrote

"Big T, those of us who have been black and white through and through over the many years, don't allow ourselves to get caught up in the venal internal politics of the club, but stand foursquare beside and behind the boys that have to bleed for their team. Week in and week out.

Welded-on supporters pay no regard to the poncing paranoia of the corporate troglodytes who fancy that they are the leaders of this club.

Collateral damage is so sad and unacceptable, but when knocking this behaviour don't ever transfer your angst to the playing rosta."

Magirl's comment
Two great posts by Troppo in the game day thread. Well said. When you have followed the pies for 53 years you learn this. Especially if you were born in 1960. Premierships are a joy, but do not come constantly. You really need to savour them when they come. Next year was like a broken record in our home at the end of each season. Being a supporter Is about supporting the team through the hard time as well as the good times. Look for constructive ways to get behind them.

So well said Troppo

These posts back up my point about sycophant Collingwood barrackers exactly. Are we really supporters or cheerleaders? There's a BIG difference and if you can't tell the difference you have NFI.

Real supporters want what is best for the club's premiership chances, and when we don't get that we turn over the sod until we do.

Cheerleaders are to footy what the Bluebirds or Swanettes were. We have lots of those at Collingwood. Rolling Eyes
Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Contested ball....1st half -13 2nd half+20

Lazy, insipid, pretenders.
Barring a few.

A pack of kids showed you all the passion required.

If you could transplant the heart of the GWS kids into our flowergirls we might be a threat.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 pm

The threading cracks in our coach's game plan split to gaping rifts in the first three quarters. The last two weeks should have put the coach on notice.
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Enjoyed the win, well played Giants.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Stupied wrote:
Scoreboard flattered us. Liked Grundy's game more than Witts'. Play Grundy next week as the 2nd ruck instead of Witts.

That's all I can be bothered writing at the moment. 3 quarters of incredibly frustrating football.

what he said.

also- good to see Harry back- only player to generate any run and excitement

Jeremy Cameron is an out and out star- and surely it was clear to anyone with half a brain that Nathan Brown was a bad match up??

And for those banging on about playing Reid forward- pretty clear that it should be used only as surprise- tonight would've been better to have nath brown up forward and reid on cameron.

Keefe did a ripper job on Cameron after quarter time.

Steele sidebottom edged ahead of maxy for useless turnovers resulting in opposition goals.

Last edited by matrix10 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Museman wrote:
flowergirls

Is that the same use of flower we read on Tanking Carlton? Laughing

The Staunton would have us believe that was a Milne of an effort by Collingwood today. I totally agree. Razz
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Big T wrote:
magirl wrote:
Troppo wrote:

Are you mice or men?"

Troppo then wrote

Magirl's comment

So well said Troppo

I am a long term member and I love bucks but a few things in the last years have left a very sour taste in my mouth. Agree it shouldn't transfer to the playing roster but that's inevitable if the club loses its way. I am not and have never been into blind loyalty. Look at Essendon and realise it's a fools game.

Loyalty is about supporting the club and the jumper and its history. It is not the same thing as holding the club's employees above criticism. As I said in the game day thread, the players seem to me to be trying and putting their bodies on the line, and I think it behooves the keyboard warriors to respect that. The coaching, however, has turned a premiership side into near bottom eight material in two years. It deserves serious scrutiny and challenge, however much of a club great Nathan Buckley was as a player.

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:46 pm

I think the players are playing for themselves, not the team for some reason. It seems that way to me anyway.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:46 pm

We're playing very ugly footy at the moment. This can simply not be denied.

Our supposedly more adventurous play is opening us up far more than its opening up the opposition. So we get what we saw today for most of the game: the Giants waltzing down the ground virtually unchallenged, and our players passing sideways, backways and anyways but forward, with Harry the only real effective line breaker.

This needs to change very quickly or Buckley's position must come into question. Improvement needs to be shown.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Tried to get to the game but left to late. Got stuck in traffic for ages then realized MCG car park was not open and other car parks full.

Went home and listened to the game on the radio.

Commentators were barracking hard for GWS and you could feel their disappointment in the end.

Will reserve my judgment until I see a replay of the match.

But from what I can gather from the commentary we played lazy/stupid football.

BARRACK HARD!
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Can't even lay the blame on lazy Swanny anymore, he is actually having a red hot crack playing his guts out these days. He was the only guy standing between us and public humiliation.

To the coaching staff, I lay full blame at your feet. We are getting opened up out the back like a can of baked beans, now even the worst team in the comp is exposing us. I fear what the next 3 weeks will look like. Might rent A Nightmare on Elm Street Parts 1, 2 & 3 to warm me up.

The players ARE having a crack but their skills and one on one ability is worsening every week and they look confused half the time about what they are meant to do when they have the ball and when we inevitably turn it over. Total chaos is our game plan, a series of random events.

2012 is looking like champagne footy compared to 2013. I hated our decline last year, right now I'd take it back in a heart beat.

MONCO: Your life.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Couple of points.

1. GWS will be a very very good team
2. we won
3, Grundy, first game, showed what the VFL watchers have seen, but stepped up to the tempo. The kid is good and will get better.
4. Witts. Apart from the first game stuff, see Grundy (3)
5. Keeffe. Went back onto Cameron and shut him down. Keep him there and leave Reid forward.

Overall, a game which we could have easily lost, but we didn't. They say you start next week how you finished the previous week. I hope so.

We are a team in transition and GWS are a team on the up. I'll take that. I would have preferred a 400 point win, but I'll take that.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Well said Magirl, but the early criticism in the Game On thread was actually warranted this week. Our first half was awful. Decision making, kicking skills and intensity were all second rate.

Every opponent knows that you can take Collingwood on-the-rebound, so long as you are bold, back your self and have a degree of kicking skill. Opened up through the middle 4 weeks in a row.

We've got the skill set necessary to be top 4, but a combination of injury, arrogance and inconsistency has derailed the season.

A few shining lights were evident in the MCG gloom though:
•Brodie Grundy proved DTM correct. The guy is going to be a good player; he's strong, smart and aggressive
•Beams is quickly recovering his form after such a long absence
•Keefe has played two games and looks as solid as anybody else on our backline. I love this guy.

The lowlights:
•Brown played his worst game in 4 years. Was completely outclassed.
•Reid's injury. Just when our big-man stock was starting to look good, Reid goes down again.
•Maxy had another shocker.

The really good news though this week was the turnaround in form of What'sinaname and (shhhhh) Beast. Things are looking up. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: