Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Suns sink Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
jackcass wrote:
R_T_RUSH wrote:
Just watched Buckley's press conference. Seems Dave The Man and Bucks are both on the same level in terms of game analysis in that they both agree the game was lost from missing goals. Well Bucks, lets get DTM on the panel - he'd come a lot cheaper than Lappin and Eade.

His analysis of Ablett running free: He aggregates both Beams and Swans stats to assert they were on a par with Ablett. What sort of rot is that. Almost looked surprised when Macaffer was suggested as a tagger.

And blames Swan for missing a chance as a bg reason why the Suns ran away with it....along with the coaching effort, that was the worst media performance Bucks has put in, and that's supposed to be his strong point.

I know, I know, the rookie coach needs time and it's not entirely his fault the president has pushed us down the road to oblivion, but by gee it's frustrating and humiliating.

Was a 12 point turn around. Swanny runs into goal and misses everything from 25 meters, Suns rebound and get a goal. Very significant in the scheme of things.

The 12 points turn around had stuff all bearing on the game, unlike the actual reason behind that laxidasical kick.
Swans turnover happened way too early in the game to be a significant factor.
Not a good form by Bucks to even bring it up.
To be honest I've been very disappointed with Bucks' post-game comments for some time now, praises the side when they manage to fall over the line or produce deplorable second halves against shitkicker sides and gives us nothing but we need to work and train harder and better stuff when we get humiliated. And Pendles seems to be parroting him.

Agreed. I don't expect Bucks to come out and say he's failing as a coach and needs to be sacked Very Happy. All I want to hear is an understanding that we're not playing the way we want and that we are working on fixing it.

Listening to Buckley's press conferences recently you'd think we were playing exactly the kind of football we want to play, and all that we need to be a real contender is for the players to stop making mistakes and to work a bit harder. I'm sure this is not what Buckley believes, it would just be nice to hear him acknowledge it every now and then.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
I watched Before The Game recently when Dayne Beams was on and he said one thing that pricked my ears up. He said something along the lines of that he is not scared to walk into the club anymore with Bux as coach as we was when Mick was coach. Now I have no idea what the environment was like under Mick or how it is now with Bux but could a reason why our performances under Bux have been so mediocre and inconsistent is because the playing group simply to not fear the wrath of the coach anymore?

Another thing too, now that we have such beautiful training facilities that seem to get better and better all the time, could this comfy environment coupled with no fear of the coach be contributing to our perceived laconic performances generally?

I remember reading a section of Arnold Schwarzenegger's book and in it he said that he had trained in many different environments in his time and he said he could never train as hard or efficiently in those comfy country club type of environments (like our facilities) because he felt too comfortable and social and it affected his concentration and motivation. He always said training at his old style Gold's Gym cluncking raw steel in a rundown focussed environment gave him the best results.

We are in a too comfy environment living the easy good life and it is slowly starting to show in our performances.

I think it has merit, does any other side have the same amount of social media whores that we have?

I think a few have been drinking their own bathwater, and we have provided the environment for this to flourish.....

watch them sing the song at times....it's as if they think they are above it.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Something i noticed on saturday night, which i have noticed in a number of other games is when gold coast were coming out of their back line and in possession, maxwell would be loose, nowhere near the play or any player. What is the purpose of that? It happens so often i am starting to think he is told to do it. He then appears to move very slowly and when it is too late he starts to make a move to a gold coast player.

Last edited by MattyD on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
I don't think Donny has been tough enough! Far too many stupid posts have made it through.

Sure it's disappointing to lose to a bottom ranked side, but have any of you people slashing your wrists over the loss watched the Suns this year? Obviously not. They have been pushing top 8 teams for a while now and a good win was on the cards.

We had plenty of chances and didn't take them. We were never going to make the top 4 this year anyway, so the loss doesn't matter in that context. Where it does matter is the way the team loses this year.

Last night it looked as if the team was waiting for somebody to lift it over the line. Somebody never arrived.

Cloke was battling 3 and sometimes 4 opponents and yet still got a heap of the ball but couldn't kick goals. Reid was very poor when it really mattered. Ben could have won the game but instead, hit the post from directly in front and then inexplicably kicked to Beams who was 40 metres further out. That's not to mention the 2 goals he gave away. Shaw played pretty well and was our best back, but made a shocking howler in the last by going to ground (sliding) which led to an easy goal and the game.

It wasn't the kids who lost us this game it was the more experienced players. Krak, Caff, Swan, Shaw, Cloke, Reid and Sidebottom all drifted in and out of the game and made terrible blunders. I was very disappointed in Swanny.

Keefe and Goldy will get better and heaven help GWS next week. Those of you calling this our worst or most embarrassing loss have short memories or are too young to know better.

Looking forward to next week Smile Smile Smile

Excellent post....except for your last sentence Very Happy Very Happy
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:55 pm

double
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Donny has gone mad with the delete button and they are goner now, but my votes today for the Gavin Brown Medal are relevant:

5: Harry O
4: D. Jolly
3: K. Martin
2: Marty C
1: T. Broomhead

Shame I've come in late. Figured this would be a good night for some hardcore lurking after months of abstinence. Sad to see I've probably missed much of the entertainment.

Someone said the Suns have won 11 games and lost 48, like that means anything. They could win feasibly win 48 out of their next 60 the way they're tracking. We're all going to be very, very sick of them in a few years time.

Good to see you back Pied Piper. The place is quieter than normal.

I agree with you on the Suns. I posted a thread a few months back that predicted the Suns will win a premiership in 2016. They are on track.

Can't say I'm as pleased to see you still here. After years of sniping a premiership coach in favour of an untried one in Buckley, who you spoke of as though he were Jesus Christ and Jock McHale reborn, now sure enough you want to sack Buckley. You have your own issues with the mods, I see. Mine is you weren't shipped off to Hawthorn where you so clearly belong a long time ago. Over and out...

When Buckley shows he is a coach's bootlace I will show some respect. You missed my apology thread where I was genuinely contrite at the role I played on Nick's in getting rid of Mick. I was fooled by Buckley's PR machine. Stupid me, thought he could coach. Mind you, your beloved ALP mates made exactly the same mistake with Gillard I see. Razz Laughing
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:00 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Donny has gone mad with the delete button and they are goner now, but my votes today for the Gavin Brown Medal are relevant:

5: Harry O
4: D. Jolly
3: K. Martin
2: Marty C
1: T. Broomhead

Shame I've come in late. Figured this would be a good night for some hardcore lurking after months of abstinence. Sad to see I've probably missed much of the entertainment.

Someone said the Suns have won 11 games and lost 48, like that means anything. They could win feasibly win 48 out of their next 60 the way they're tracking. We're all going to be very, very sick of them in a few years time.

Good to see you back Pied Piper. The place is quieter than normal.

I agree with you on the Suns. I posted a thread a few months back that predicted the Suns will win a premiership in 2016. They are on track.

Can't say I'm as pleased to see you still here. After years of sniping a premiership coach in favour of an untried one in Buckley, who you spoke of as though he were Jesus Christ and Jock McHale reborn, now sure enough you want to sack Buckley. You have your own issues with the mods, I see. Mine is you weren't shipped off to Hawthorn where you so clearly belong a long time ago. Over and out...

When Buckley shows he is a coach's bootlace I will show some respect. You missed my apology thread where I was genuinely contrite at the role I played on Nick's in getting rid of Mick. I was fooled by Buckley's PR machine. Stupid me, thought he could coach. Mind you, your beloved ALP mates made exactly the same mistake with Gillard I see. Razz Laughing

Last I checked Bucks has a better win/loss record than Malthouse. We're also ahead of the scum on the ladder.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 pm

I do think Bucks needs to man up and take some of heat for our losses in his post match interviews.

I also think the media need to start asking him some hard questions about our game style that some have labelled soft.

Ed needs to show some leadership as well as lately he's been a president in name only.

These days it feels like we never hear anything of substance from him.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:11 am

No where to run, no where to hide: its the CCC conspiracy this weekend (if not longer):

Collingwood, Cricket & Cadel.

What's a poor boy to do?

Sad Sad

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:50 am

It's great to roll into work and cop a pasting about losing to the Suns.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:53 am

Why is it in the games we get beat that we never seem to be at the drop of the ball to make a contest? Happened in all our losses this year and showed again on Saturday evening. Teams are kicking out of defence and following up through the ground and there's no contest for possession? Out players always arrive a second or three after the opposition have marked. Are we lazy? Unorganised? Game plan? In games like against the Cats we were relentless and on top. But against the suns, bombers, swans etc we always seem a few seconds behind.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:11 am

didick wrote:
Why is it in the games we get beat that we never seem to be at the drop of the ball to make a contest? Happened in all our losses this year and showed again on Saturday evening. Teams are kicking out of defence and following up through the ground and there's no contest for possession? Out players always arrive a second or three after the opposition have marked. Are we lazy? Unorganised? Game plan? In games like against the Cats we were relentless and on top. But against the suns, bombers, swans etc we always seem a few seconds behind.

Simple. We play a zone defence. The only way we can get the football off them is to hope they screw up the kick, because we don't try to get it off them ourselves with a contest or physical pressure.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:34 am

Museman wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
I watched Before The Game recently when Dayne Beams was on and he said one thing that pricked my ears up. He said something along the lines of that he is not scared to walk into the club anymore with Bux as coach as we was when Mick was coach. Now I have no idea what the environment was like under Mick or how it is now with Bux but could a reason why our performances under Bux have been so mediocre and inconsistent is because the playing group simply to not fear the wrath of the coach anymore?

Another thing too, now that we have such beautiful training facilities that seem to get better and better all the time, could this comfy environment coupled with no fear of the coach be contributing to our perceived laconic performances generally?

I remember reading a section of Arnold Schwarzenegger's book and in it he said that he had trained in many different environments in his time and he said he could never train as hard or efficiently in those comfy country club type of environments (like our facilities) because he felt too comfortable and social and it affected his concentration and motivation. He always said training at his old style Gold's Gym cluncking raw steel in a rundown focussed environment gave him the best results.

We are in a too comfy environment living the easy good life and it is slowly starting to show in our performances.

I think it has merit, does any other side have the same amount of social media whores that we have?

I think a few have been drinking their own bathwater, and we have provided the environment for this to flourish.....

watch them sing the song at times....it's as if they think they are above it.

That's what I've been saying, they are pampered pussies. Make em earn the big bucks for a change.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:16 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
I don't think Donny has been tough enough! Far too many stupid posts have made it through.

Sure it's disappointing to lose to a bottom ranked side, but have any of you people slashing your wrists over the loss watched the Suns this year? Obviously not. They have been pushing top 8 teams for a while now and a good win was on the cards.

We had plenty of chances and didn't take them. We were never going to make the top 4 this year anyway, so the loss doesn't matter in that context. Where it does matter is the way the team loses this year.

Last night it looked as if the team was waiting for somebody to lift it over the line. Somebody never arrived.

Cloke was battling 3 and sometimes 4 opponents and yet still got a heap of the ball but couldn't kick goals. Reid was very poor when it really mattered. Ben could have won the game but instead, hit the post from directly in front and then inexplicably kicked to Beams who was 40 metres further out. That's not to mention the 2 goals he gave away. Shaw played pretty well and was our best back, but made a shocking howler in the last by going to ground (sliding) which led to an easy goal and the game.

It wasn't the kids who lost us this game it was the more experienced players. Krak, Caff, Swan, Shaw, Cloke, Reid and Sidebottom all drifted in and out of the game and made terrible blunders. I was very disappointed in Swanny.

Keefe and Goldy will get better and heaven help GWS next week. Those of you calling this our worst or most embarrassing loss have short memories or are too young to know better.

Looking forward to next week Smile Smile Smile

Nice post Neil.

Im proud of what my club has achieved this season considering all it's been through...We have a great leader in Nathan Buckley. Yes a bad loss but definitely not end of the world stuff. Go Pies Smile

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:20 am

Beast wrote:
jackcass wrote:
R_T_RUSH wrote:
Just watched Buckley's press conference. Seems Dave The Man and Bucks are both on the same level in terms of game analysis in that they both agree the game was lost from missing goals. Well Bucks, lets get DTM on the panel - he'd come a lot cheaper than Lappin and Eade.

His analysis of Ablett running free: He aggregates both Beams and Swans stats to assert they were on a par with Ablett. What sort of rot is that. Almost looked surprised when Macaffer was suggested as a tagger.

And blames Swan for missing a chance as a bg reason why the Suns ran away with it....along with the coaching effort, that was the worst media performance Bucks has put in, and that's supposed to be his strong point.

I know, I know, the rookie coach needs time and it's not entirely his fault the president has pushed us down the road to oblivion, but by gee it's frustrating and humiliating.

Was a 12 point turn around. Swanny runs into goal and misses everything from 25 meters, Suns rebound and get a goal. Very significant in the scheme of things.

The 12 points turn around had stuff all bearing on the game, unlike the actual reason behind that laxidasical kick.
Swans turnover happened way too early in the game to be a significant factor.
Not a good form by Bucks to even bring it up.
To be honest I've been very disappointed with Bucks' post-game comments for some time now, praises the side when they manage to fall over the line or produce deplorable second halves against shitkicker sides and gives us nothing but we need to work and train harder and better stuff when we get humiliated. And Pendles seems to be parroting him.

Gee, and here I was thinking that we only lost by 7 points and a 12 point turn around in that context was significant. At least as significant as Cloke kicking 2 goals 4 from 8 shots on goal. At least as significant as Beams, Sack and Reid missing set shots. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

Side by Side
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18   

Jump to: