Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Suns sink Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:00 am
Post subject: pies gold coastReply with quote

Flashman wrote:
After watching today's game I'm not sure next week is an inevitable win either.

Scary thought. Shocked

R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched Buckley's press conference. Seems Dave The Man and Bucks are both on the same level in terms of game analysis in that they both agree the game was lost from missing goals. Well Bucks, lets get DTM on the panel - he'd come a lot cheaper than Lappin and Eade.

His analysis of Ablett running free: He aggregates both Beams and Swans stats to assert they were on a par with Ablett. What sort of rot is that. Almost looked surprised when Macaffer was suggested as a tagger.

And blames Swan for missing a chance as a bg reason why the Suns ran away with it....along with the coaching effort, that was the worst media performance Bucks has put in, and that's supposed to be his strong point.

I know, I know, the rookie coach needs time and it's not entirely his fault the president has pushed us down the road to oblivion, but by gee it's frustrating and humiliating.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:31 am

CootaPie wrote:
nulla wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
When does the succession plan succession plan begin?

As soon as Paul Roos is interested. I'd take him as coach in a heartbeat. He'd have the players on side as well.

Melbourne is welcome to Eade. In fact we'll throw the rest of our coaching box in for free. Just take him please.

Offer Roos 2 mill a year before the window shuts altogether

Spot on. But no way McGuire would do it.

He'll probably give Figgie a contract extension early next year, shut the door on any possibility of Roos speculation...

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 am

Eddie could afford the chip in half his salary to pay Roos' $2 million and still have plenty left over. But I suspect when Bucks goes Eddie will too. They are welcome to each other.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:52 am

R_T_RUSH wrote:
Just watched Buckley's press conference. Seems Dave The Man and Bucks are both on the same level in terms of game analysis in that they both agree the game was lost from missing goals. Well Bucks, lets get DTM on the panel - he'd come a lot cheaper than Lappin and Eade.

His analysis of Ablett running free: He aggregates both Beams and Swans stats to assert they were on a par with Ablett. What sort of rot is that. Almost looked surprised when Macaffer was suggested as a tagger.

And blames Swan for missing a chance as a bg reason why the Suns ran away with it....along with the coaching effort, that was the worst media performance Bucks has put in, and that's supposed to be his strong point.

I know, I know, the rookie coach needs time and it's not entirely his fault the president has pushed us down the road to oblivion, but by gee it's frustrating and humiliating.

Can I gently suggest, same words coming from Mark Neeld would have resulted in a week of scathing criticism....

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 pm

OK. I've calmed down and sobered up a little.
Crap game.
Really really crap game.
Credit where credits due to GC. They were bloody good and what can you say about Ablett that hasn't already been said.
We have the talent to make the 8 and have a crack but really, our start to the season didn't set us up for a true tilt at the Premiership.
To not be good enough doesn't warrant me calling for the sacking of the entire coaching staff and sending a mob to each of their homes. We are just that. Not good enough this year. I would love to win the flag every single year like some on Nicks seem to expect. I would love to never ever see us put in a poor performance. Ever. Come on guys seriously!

We will build again. This season hasn't been pretty but with some minor rejigging and some good recruiting again this year, we will be back.

Go Pies.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Scary quote from Pendles

"Out there it felt like we played some pretty good footy but we just could not kick goals," Pendlebury told AFL.com.au.

Played some pretty good footy????

Oh boy...wowee....

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:24 pm

I didn't see or hear any of the game but what a surprise bad kicking in front of goal, not manning up and sloppy disposal cost us. This happens week in week out and is obviously not being addressed by the coaching staff at all. Sure injuries and inconsistent form haven't helped but we make the same mistakes all the time and it's always the same players making them. Everyone should be on notice after this loss. Simply not good enough for a side fighting for a finals spot to churn out another piss poor performance.
woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
Scary quote from Pendles

"Out there it felt like we played some pretty good footy but we just could not kick goals," Pendlebury told AFL.com.au.

Played some pretty good footy????

Oh boy...wowee....

Ugh that is melbourne like.

Let me guess, the way they trained this week they never saw it coming.?

I was hoping this would be the wake up call that could not be denied.

The denial is too strong to overcome it seems

Winston Churchill
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Usual platitudes too....

He said hard work was the only way to turn around the Magpies' form.

"The only way out of this and to get better is train harder, work smarter and do all the little things during the week," Pendlebury said.

Plus ça change, Plus c'est la même chose

woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:38 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
I didn't see or hear any of the game but what a surprise bad kicking in front of goal, not manning up and sloppy disposal cost us. This happens week in week out and is obviously not being addressed by the coaching staff at all. Sure injuries and inconsistent form haven't helped but we make the same mistakes all the time and it's always the same players making them. Everyone should be on notice after this loss. Simply not good enough for a side fighting for a finals spot to churn out another piss poor performance.

Quoted for truth.

It is the part that has made me lose faith this season.

I dont mind losses, it is going to happen. Go along, cheer the boys win lose or draw. But in the washup, the question you always ask is, did we do everything we could to win? To find a way to overcome the opponent on the day? And if not, will be do better next time for the experience?

I mind it when we lose for the same reasons over and over, without a sign we even know why we lost let alone any sign we are working to cure those problems.

It is the denial of hope, of any reason to believe anything other than this shit over and over again will be the new norm.

We dont learn. The number of times this season when you look at selection and think, wtf? Then the game goes exactly as predicted, the same predictable results with the entirely predictable bad matchups and bad game structures and plans causing the inevitable loss.

Or worse, you see the wasteful misses early, or the lack of run to defend, and you think, here we go. Opened on the counter again. I knew we were gone in the first quarter.

I had hoped my last season would be something fun to take my mind of stuff, but instead ive found other things to do because even our wins have been mostly horrible portents of the crap to come. I hope the next year will prove me wrong, and Bucks emerges to take the mantle of a great Collingwood coach and a settled team can deliver even though I wont be able to see it.

Such is life, such is football.

Have fun guys and floreat pica

Winston Churchill
delcorp 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Things that need to be done:

1. Learn how to handle the ball.

2. This will change if the mindset changes. Players at the moment are looking for quick handball sideways to get ball movement. Use your feet better and kick the thing.

3. A number of times players trying to centre the ball rather than go for goal
(a) Crazy scenario where Reid kicked backwards 40 m to Beams in last quarter and in same quarter Seedsman tries to centre and kicks 30m rather than his usual 50+ if you have a weapon use it. At the death Seedsman finally did.

4. Man up, play on man, tackle and then use strength to break. The hope that you can zone off and wait for the last line of defence to stop the fast ball and then repel and get goal on break has been figured out and teams are placing kicks to position rather than bombing long.

5. Will be suprised if you actually play at least some players in position and fix them in forward and backline. There can be quite a bit of rotation through the midfield and half back and half foward lines. Leave KP in place.

6. Play with a bit of grunt! Desire the ball, go in hard, run at it with confidence that you will get it. Not sure where this mental edge has gone. This makes a 4-5 goals better off.

7. Most footballers are stupid and follow a plan, not sure what the Buckley plan is???? Can someone please explain!!!!

8. Let them play natural attacking football!

9. We have the cattle, there is nothing wrong with most of them although no idea why Sinclair is playing in favour of Martin, Kennedy etc...

10. Maxwell needs time the twos.

12. Bring in Harry, Didak, Brown and maybe Grundy. Out Keefe, Sinclair, Maxwell and Witts.
delcorp 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Things that need to be done:

1. Learn how to handle the ball.

2. This will change if the mindset changes. Players at the moment are looking for quick handball sideways to get ball movement. Use your feet better and kick the thing.

3. A number of times players trying to centre the ball rather than go for goal
(a) Crazy scenario where Reid kicked backwards 40 m to Beams in last quarter and in same quarter Seedsman tries to centre and kicks 30m rather than his usual 50+ if you have a weapon use it. At the death Seedsman finally did.

4. Man up, play on man, tackle and then use strength to break. The hope that you can zone off and wait for the last line of defence to stop the fast ball and then repel and get goal on break has been figured out and teams are placing kicks to position rather than bombing long.

5. Will be suprised if you actually play at least some players in position and fix them in forward and backline. There can be quite a bit of rotation through the midfield and half back and half foward lines. Leave KP in place.

6. Play with a bit of grunt! Desire the ball, go in hard, run at it with confidence that you will get it. Not sure where this mental edge has gone. This makes a 4-5 goals better off.

7. Most footballers are stupid and follow a plan, not sure what the Buckley plan is???? Can someone please explain!!!!

8. Let them play natural attacking football!

9. We have the cattle, there is nothing wrong with most of them although no idea why Sinclair is playing in favour of Martin, Kennedy etc...

10. Maxwell needs time the twos.

12. Bring in Harry, Didak, Brown and maybe Grundy. Out Keefe, Sinclair, Maxwell and Witts.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Sun Stroke

mag.jpg

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:34 pm

I don't think Donny has been tough enough! Far too many stupid posts have made it through.

Sure it's disappointing to lose to a bottom ranked side, but have any of you people slashing your wrists over the loss watched the Suns this year? Obviously not. They have been pushing top 8 teams for a while now and a good win was on the cards.

We had plenty of chances and didn't take them. We were never going to make the top 4 this year anyway, so the loss doesn't matter in that context. Where it does matter is the way the team loses this year.

Last night it looked as if the team was waiting for somebody to lift it over the line. Somebody never arrived.

Cloke was battling 3 and sometimes 4 opponents and yet still got a heap of the ball but couldn't kick goals. Reid was very poor when it really mattered. Ben could have won the game but instead, hit the post from directly in front and then inexplicably kicked to Beams who was 40 metres further out. That's not to mention the 2 goals he gave away. Shaw played pretty well and was our best back, but made a shocking howler in the last by going to ground (sliding) which led to an easy goal and the game.

It wasn't the kids who lost us this game it was the more experienced players. Krak, Caff, Swan, Shaw, Cloke, Reid and Sidebottom all drifted in and out of the game and made terrible blunders. I was very disappointed in Swanny.

Keefe and Goldy will get better and heaven help GWS next week. Those of you calling this our worst or most embarrassing loss have short memories or are too young to know better.

Looking forward to next week Smile Smile Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18   

Jump to: