Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Suns sink Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Donny has gone mad with the delete button and they are goner now, but my votes today for the Gavin Brown Medal are relevant:

5: Harry O
4: D. Jolly
3: K. Martin
2: Marty C
1: T. Broomhead

Shame I've come in late. Figured this would be a good night for some hardcore lurking after months of abstinence. Sad to see I've probably missed much of the entertainment.

Someone said the Suns have won 11 games and lost 48, like that means anything. They could win feasibly win 48 out of their next 60 the way they're tracking. We're all going to be very, very sick of them in a few years time.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:21 am

[quote="jack_spain"]I don't have anything to say tonight. Other than the fact earlier in the season I flagged that we would find it hard to beat the Suns at Metricon.

The only other thing to say is that top four is no longer an option. Once again I told you so.[/quote]

Thankfully for every one correct prediction there are nine incorrect ones - your gloating despite this record, is galling enough.
if you actually had some insight your self aggrandisement would be intolerable.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:21 am

jack_spain wrote:
Melbourne is welcome to Eade. In fact we'll throw the rest of our coaching box in for free. Just take him please.

^ Bloody Hellfire! Say what you like about Jack, disagree with his opinions, question his motives, dispute the facts he claims - by all means do all of these things, you would not be Robinson Crusoe. But however much you hate Jack's views, the one thing you can always bank on is that they will be firmly expressed (too firmly most of us would say) and no matter the provocation, always with perfect grammar. Every time.

Until tonight.

This is the first time I have ever seen the Great Jack Spain make a grammatical error. Is there a 900 to 1 long shot running at Randwick tomorrow? I'm going to back it. Do the Melbourne Reserves play Hawthorn any time soon? I'm going to get on the bandwagon. Is there a meteor due to crash to earth tonight? I'm standing under it. Can Australia win the Second Test from here? I'm calling it now. Is Bob Katter our next Prime Minister? I had the balls to predict it. Is this the week I fall off the perch? As we speak I'm revising my will. Is NSW going to win the Origin in 2014? You heard it here first. Is this the day my lucky numbers will come up? I'm lining up outside the agency before it opens.

Jack, Jack, tell me it wasn't you. Promise me that your account was hacked. Wake me up and say it was just a bad dream. Farnarkle me, next up you will probably tell me we lost to bloody Gold Coast.

Oh ......

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:49 am

Holbrook Bloke wrote:
It sounds lame but I reckon that was just one of those games that most sides have (Dees beating the Bombers a couple of years back/ Lions beating Cats). After playing well against better sides, I'm sure there was a subconscious mood within the group that they could just turn up, play a bit of razzle dazzle footy and class would win the day. Certainly for most of the game I thought we had the class to come back but it wasn't to be. Our continual fumbles and misdirected kicks (stats for marks received by opposition kicks must have been huge for Suns) gave the Suns confidence and they won as much as we lost. As good as Ablett was today he got more possessions last year and we won by 97pts so that tells me the Suns are coming along well. We have some amazing talent across the park and have won (and will win some) amazing games but if we take the wrong mental approach in we'll get done. GWS will get creamed next week.

Out everything that has been said ITT this post hits the mark 100%
Our approach to the game was nowhere near a required level for 3 and a bit quarters, hence the shocking turnovers and missed sodas early on.
Its all good and well for Bucks to highlight this after the game but his primary job is to make sure the boys go into the game with the right mindset. This is the second time this occurred this year, the other one was the Sydney game (Port beat us on their merits IMO)

The other significant factor was the selection, I've said I was bewildered by it before the game and all my worst fears came true. Goldsack looked miles away from it with his couple of touches performance in the VFL a fortnight ago and I couldn't give a stuff how well he has been training for the last 4 weeks, he needed to find touch and fitness before the call up.
Mooney hasn't been setting the world on fire in the maggoos either and is a long way away from learning to read the play.
Now for Keeffe's late inclusion, yes he was our only viable option to replace Rambo but did we really need him in the expected wet conditions against the GC forwardline that isn't known for its tall targets???
I'm not a fan of Clarke and even less so Russell but one of them should have been held back considering there were doubts on Brown's fitness few days ago and the wet weather forecast.
How Kyle Martin didn't get a game on the back of his match-turning performance in the third quarter of the last VFL game is simply beyond comprehension. Yes maybe he's been told to work on few things in VFL but he would have been a ten times handier inclusion than the Sack or Mooney.

My other criticism of Bucks' sub-par display on the day was the lack of moves which I expressed continuously in the game thread.
There were multiple options available to him but he has only used the predictable one 2 quarters too late. Krak could have been moved to HB, Sidey forward and while I consider Gablett to be untagable having a defensively minded player, not Swan and Beams, playing on him when he started to exert such a massive influence on the game was a must.
Yes Caff or JT would have most likely got smashed by him but to let him wreak havoc unattended reminded me of the stubbornness of you know who...

And I don't buy for a second the excuses of poor goal kicking and the amount of inexperienced youngsters costing us the game.
While both reasons are correct to the letter there were far mosre significant factors than those two at play here.
We didn't dominate enough early on to blame the goal kicking and the line up we had out there yesterday would beat this GC side 9/10 times.

ps. To the people who told the Club, Bucks, Ed and players to get farked after todays' display - grow a set and show some dignity.
I'm a fairly glass half-empty bloke and not afraid to speak some home truths but that shit is just crossing the line. We're all hurting and feeling shattered but right now everyone at the Club needs our support, not curses and displays of hysterical weakness.
And the less said about the xenophobic drongo and one or two of his defenders the better.

We will be back, just not this year.
Go the Maggies.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:47 am

[quote="mackasmatt"]We lost because the GC got a [snip] amount of draft concessions to make them competitive within their first 3 years so the AFL gets money in the bank.

I'm actually going to be embarrassed when Gold Coast win a premiership in a few years. Then again, a few years after that they wont be able to keep the squad together.[/quote]

That's all true, except the bit about why we lost.

I generally back the boys to the hilt, but quite frankly in all but 2 games this year, they have played liked pampered pussies, just expecting it too happen, expecting to do a 2011, go for it in the last quarter and win. But this isn't the 2011team. The polish on the skills isn't there now.

Send the buggers to boot camp, no tv cameras, no bloody twitter, or Facebook. They get paid a lot of money. To play good football for a lousy 2 hours a week. It's about time they played with a back bone for the whole 2 hours.

Cloke, Sinclair, Elliot (the last 2 not always successfully, but that will come) Seedsman, Williams, can hold their heads up every game for effort, the rest, need a wake up call.

When we all try, we are unbeatable IMO. For me unfortunately the fricken cats are still the bench mark. And we beat them with sheer effort. TEAM effort.

Pendles was right. They are lazy.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:01 am

Gold Coast were fantastic and will be a powerhouse considering the quality they still have on the side lines. We could have won if we kicked straight but we didn't and what a surprise that is. Well top four is out of the equation now and we will be fighting to finish in the eight. We play GWS next week who are due to win a game and I hope it's not against us. After that we play Ess, Syd, Haw, WC and North. At the moment we may win one game.

A season that what could go wrong did go wrong.
nulla 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:02 am

jack_spain wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
When does the succession plan succession plan begin?

As soon as Paul Roos is interested. I'd take him as coach in a heartbeat. He'd have the players on side as well.

Melbourne is welcome to Eade. In fact we'll throw the rest of our coaching box in for free. Just take him please.

Offer Roos 2 mill a year before the window shuts altogether

carcarly_pieland 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:14 am

I didnt want to visit the forum after witnessing the worst game of the year, as I have never been this angry with the Pies in recent memory (I guess we have been spoiled in the past few years).

The night after, I am still very disappointed. How could our players play so bad? Why could nobody have a clean possession? Why did we play with no heart and we were eyeing for a top 4 spot? I wish I have the answers to these questions, well actually I hope Bucks have the answers to these questions.

I have now accepted 2013 is gone, and 2014 can't come around fast enough. I won't call for Bucks' head yet; I am willing to give him one more season to prove himself. I hope he realizes drastic changes must be made now if we are to be serious competitor next year!

Go Pies

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:08 am

nulla wrote:
If they could have two or three on Cloke all night where were our loose players?

And there lies the problem. We should be able to exploit the 2 on Cloke ploy up field but we never do. Week in week out the opposition seems to have the lose man when it rebounds from the 2 on Cloke. There must be something we can do to fix that.

CootaPie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:13 am

nulla wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
When does the succession plan succession plan begin?

As soon as Paul Roos is interested. I'd take him as coach in a heartbeat. He'd have the players on side as well.

Offer Roos 2 mill a year before the window shuts altogether

Spot on. But no way McGuire would do it.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:25 am

I think the boys had a good look at the Suns last week and came to a conclusion that the game would be won before even getting on the plane.

Goldy better for the run. Keeffe better for the run. Although he's been next to useless with ball in hand I thought Blair's absence in the clinches was notable. Missed Brown, still miss Harry and missed easy goals. That's a lot of misses!

No, you don't swing your best tall defender early when the only one you have left there hasn't played for a year and looks a little shaky. I'll defend Bucks on that one.

Not sure what Mooney offers other than pace. Martin or Kennedy preferred.

For all our potential ruck riches, we still miss Jolly. Grundy could've been tested but we were already treading a fine line with 2 other talls needing the run.

It's all too late, we're always going to be 3 or 4 weeks away from our best.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:32 am

As if Paul Roos would coach us.
He doesn't even like COLL & Ed would never replace Figgie whilst he's Prez, not in a million years!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:39 am

I have complaints from my friends over at Tanking Carlton because all the good stuff gets deleted over here. Razz

And believe me there was plenty of fodder after a non-performance like that last night. We almost made the Australian cricket team look respectable. Laughing

The only question is, if Micky Arthur goes, who will be our Boof Lehmann?
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:40 am

Pied Piper wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Donny has gone mad with the delete button and they are goner now, but my votes today for the Gavin Brown Medal are relevant:

5: Harry O
4: D. Jolly
3: K. Martin
2: Marty C
1: T. Broomhead

Shame I've come in late. Figured this would be a good night for some hardcore lurking after months of abstinence. Sad to see I've probably missed much of the entertainment.

Someone said the Suns have won 11 games and lost 48, like that means anything. They could win feasibly win 48 out of their next 60 the way they're tracking. We're all going to be very, very sick of them in a few years time.

Good to see you back Pied Piper. The place is quieter than normal.

I agree with you on the Suns. I posted a thread a few months back that predicted the Suns will win a premiership in 2016. They are on track.

Last edited by jack_spain on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 am

jack_spain wrote:
Nice to wake up this morning and find half my posts deleted. Well done Donny. I don't know when you ever sleep, or are you an automated process like HAL? Wink

I have complaints from my friends over at Tanking Carlton because all the good stuff gets deleted over here. Razz

And believe me there was plenty of fodder after a non-performance like that last night. We almost made the Australian cricket team look respectable. Laughing

The only question is, if Micky Arthur goes, who will be our Boof Lehmann?
I am glad you find this funny. How would I know who will be our Boof Lehmann ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18   

Jump to: