Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies crunch Crows - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

collingwoodfan wrote:

Can someone please tell me why sack was named as an emergency? That man needs to be in the squad..........

Coming back from injury. Needs more game time, was rusty in the VFL the week before. There is unfortunately a bye this week for the VFL,I believe.

He will be good but needs more match fitness.

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Good win slow starts are concern especially if it happens against a top 3 side. Youngs injury was a damper hopefully it's a strain, reckon would be another 4 weeks minimum. Keefe has to come in next week and play Reid permanent forward.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Reid was pasted early when he played in defence - so I think the criticism of Maxy is a bit tough given the time Reid had down back in the 1st qtr!

Maxy had some great runs through the middle but he is not a good enuf defender to take the 2nd best fwd - that is why we need Keefe down back. With Maxy taking the the 3rd tall fwd.

Reid's future is as a forwrd! We have Keefe and Frost who can go back and Reid seems to know how to move and kick like an effective fwd - much harder to find!!! SOme have indicated that Keefe has only played 14 games but the quality was very high...

Young was OK but Harry is a lot better so at this stage it looks like we will have to see what Young has to offer next year. ANd we will not lose much with Young injured again.

How good was Krakouer...! - he is all class and crumbed to perfection. The mids stepped up which was pleasing. Elliot and Blair did not do enough so they need to fire up over the next few weeks or risk losing their spots to Thomas/Kennedy and Martin...

Overall the team looks good when we move the ball quickly - we had a lot of support runners as well which was great and highlights how much harder the team is working compared to earlier in the year. We have genuine runners now coming out of defence ... Willo, Sinkers, Seeds now joining Shaw makes us a lot more dangerous and a better match for the faster small forwards in the better teams.

Still waiting for a 4 qtr effort though ... I'll be happy if it arrives late September Smile

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm even happier today than I was last Friday night after we beat the Scum. That is because the Crows played three times as hard as the Blooze did and as Dyso has pointed out, had it not been for the scum maggots taking three goals off Cloke and the fact they spent all night trying to take the ball off us, we'd have beaten the Crows senseless (and as I said they made Carlton look like schoolkids).

I don't often compliment opposition players, but I thought Dangerfield was sensational given the amount of pain he must have been in. Futrther reason to credit our midfield (especially Pendles and Swan and who can forget Beams) with a terrific match.

The biggest disappointment last night was our defense giving up 55 points in the first half. But they tightened up in the second half only conceding 29 points. As others have said though, the old style Collingwood with multiple goal kickers appears to be back. We also moved the ball a lot faster. Perhaps the lessons have been learned from that awful Port Adelaide game.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Well, I had jumped right off after the Port game.

They have seemed to have some spark from somewhere in the last two weeks.

For us to progress to week 3 of the finals, here are my top 5 key focus areas:

Onballers: The magic four in the centre must stay healthy: Ball Beams Scott Dane

2nd Forward: A second tall forward to stand up, thereby removing three on one rubbish away from Cloke. Is Bucks just foxing with us by starting Reid down back. Might be a psychological move to ease the pressure on Reid, going into the game as a backman. Does Keefe hold the key?

Ruck issue: The great unknown is Witts in a huge final. There's always Lynch. Hudon or Jolly? Lot's of questions for this key duel position to be answered

Small Forwards: My highlight last night was Krak. Elliot is fading. Can Didak make a return in his place?

Dale Thomas: A more than handy inclusion for a big final. Proven big game player. We are at least one too many of the 'small, young inexperienced' type player heavy.

Get those five right and I'm back on board for the 2013 campaign
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:00 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
that's fine, but at least he wot give away the free. When in position, he just need to worry about the ball, not the player.

That is laughable.

While I'm attempting to mark the ball, I'll worry about the ball and not the player. That's pretty hard to do when the opposition is HOLDING you.

I saw two similar situations today (one in the GC game and one in the Carlton game) where the forward had the backman out positioned. Rather than try to push the opponent away, the forward just took the mark, even though the backmen were making contact.

Trav needs to make better use of his positioning, rather than trying to out muscle his opponent.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:32 pm

How good was Clokes mark with Crows all over him? Sure it wasn't a spectacle but that is one of the toughest marks I have seen in my years of watching footy. He got up and his intensity was unreal. Clokes building for the finals. He is getting angry and smashing opponents.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 pm

I was at the game but I just watched the replay.

I think we can safely say that the Magpie Army has Cloke's back.

I love how after the second of the two 50m penalties against Cloke in the last 5 minutes which were for 'umpire abuse' the crowd gave the umpires some real umpire abuse!

The umps are taking away legitimate bloody good marks from our top goal scorer and ignoring many many free kicks that he should be paid.

I am so damn proud of every single one of you who booed.

They bloody deserved it.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:26 pm

I was right there and I usually keep my cool but even I let fly with a lot of expletives towards McBurney with that one

That was probably the last straw and why they copped an almighty booing on their way off
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:36 pm

^You guys seriously have no idea.

Look a few posts above, Cloke should be doing better with his positioning, not using his strength.

Don't blame the umpires. Rolling Eyes

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:29 am

Unfortunately dasher young has tweeted he will be out with a hammy for the next month.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:39 am

AnthonyC wrote:

Look a few posts above, Cloke should be doing better with his positioning, not using his strength.

Laughing Laughing Laughing I find it amusing when people who are obviously relatives of umpires try to defend them. Razz
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:59 am

^Well good for you.

But why would you quote me about it, because I fail to see your point.

MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:59 am

jack_spain wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing I find it amusing when people who are obviously relatives of umpires try to defend them. Razz

lol
Thanks for sticking up for us!
It was kind of fun booing them but I really wish we didn't feel like we had to. I know they don't umpire fairly and there's nothing anyone can say to make me change my mind. DECADES of crap to back me up. This business with Cloke is just the tip of the iceberg. It's endemic. How many games do the Pies actually win the free kick count? Very few. And I know that doesn't necessarily mean the umps are biased but in our case, it definitely does. The umpires would have to pay the Pies more free kicks than our opponents for many many games to undo the scars. But the scumps just can't help themselves. I am dreading what they'll do to us when we play the bombers and the hawks. I'm still convinced the scumps murdered us when we played them earlier in the year.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:35 am

MattyD wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:

lol
Thanks for sticking up for us!
It was kind of fun booing them but I really wish we didn't feel like we had to. I know they don't umpire fairly and there's nothing anyone can say to make me change my mind. DECADES of crap to back me up. This business with Cloke is just the tip of the iceberg. It's endemic. How many games do the Pies actually win the free kick count? Very few. And I know that doesn't necessarily mean the umps are biased but in our case, it definitely does. The umpires would have to pay the Pies more free kicks than our opponents for many many games to undo the scars. But the scumps just can't help themselves. I am dreading what they'll do to us when we play the bombers and the hawks. I'm still convinced the scumps murdered us when we played them earlier in the year.

I just don't understand Collingwood supporters who say the umpires don't make a difference. They do and I'll tell you why. How many goals did they cost us on Friday night? Probably about 5 directly (they certainly took three off Cloke). How many times do we need to say this, but it is where the frees are paid that matters and also the frees that are not paid. Just the raw free kick count doesn't tell the story. It is the impact of frees and frees not paid that screws us time and time again.

This isn't sour grapes because we won, it is simply a call for natural justice.

As the Ashes Test is proving match officials are always the weak link in professional sport. Their mistakes always cost far more than players' mistakes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: