Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies crunch Crows - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Cloke didn't help his cause in those two marking contests. He was perfectly positioned so all he should have done is raise the arms going for the mark and he would have been paid a free. Instead, he slung his opponent both times and had a fair enough free paid against.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:36 am

Quote:
He was perfectly positioned so all he should have done is raise the arms going for the mark and he would have been paid a free

If you think that you didn't watch the game. There is no way Cloke was going to get a free. Ever. At all. Especially in the goal square. Adelaide got quite a few frees in their forward 50, including some ridiculous ones like (yet another) in the back on Sinclair that wasn't and a "high" against Heater where the Adelaide player headbutted Shaw in the back of the shoulder while Heath was trying to shepheard. But we didn't (maybe one?). It is not in any way likely or plausible that he was going to get a free.

I don't think you should not be able to leagally go for a mark because you're worried the umpires might mistakenly pay a free kick against you.

And, I may have mentioned this before, Cloke was never going to get a free in the goal square.

- Ben
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:56 am

that's fine, but at least he wot give away the free. When in position, he just need to worry about the ball, not the player.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:27 am

Great to see that not only are we finally kicking 100+ scores but the spread of goal kickers is back with 10 goal kickers for our 17 goals.

For much of the season we have been struggling to score and when we have we have relied too heavily on a handful of players to kick our scores.

Coming together nicely but top 4 still looking tough.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:42 am

Well done on winning
Pendles legendary
Beams was rusty but just kept improving
Swan and Ball very good
Dwyer was excellent
$£$%^%%$ umpires
Witts is showing more than just potential needs to improve his defensive side

Elliot was a passenger
Sidebottom was poor early but worked his way into it
Blair tried hard but lacks something

As for the game Adelaide was playing for their season and came out blazing
This partly explains the slow start
Reid forward is a headache for the opposition
Our backline was very open
Taking the AA CHB out of the backline explains this.

Hope Young is OK

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:02 am

Marley Williams was brilliant again. Love his run but also long penetrating kicks.
I though left foot kicks were supposed to be better than righties. We must have gotten the exception to the rule in Trav. His kicking is just terrible.
Pendles was Rolls Royce last night.
Blair was terrible. Time for a few weeks in the VFL.
Hudson and Witts are a good 1-2 ruck combo. Witts is good lead and a good kick. His pass to Cloke was perfectly weighted.
Dasher's injury is a bummer. His kicking is still off, but now with 4-5 weeks out, it'll be a test to see how much impact he may have in 2013.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:05 am

What'sinaname wrote:
that's fine, but at least he wot give away the free. When in position, he just need to worry about the ball, not the player.

That is laughable.

While I'm attempting to mark the ball, I'll worry about the ball and not the player. That's pretty hard to do when the opposition is HOLDING you.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:15 am

Cloke's jumper was pulled so blatently in the goal square when he outmarked 3 Crows players, that's why he went nuts at the ump even though he marked it.

And Reid's jumper was pulled off his back in the 2nd qtr right in front of the umpire for no free...so blatent.

Young chased and lunged in the final 10 seconds in the pocket and went down. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Just when you think it;s coming together. That's why I don't let myself get excited anymore. One comes in, another goes out. He looked good, too, with some monster bombs from wing inside 50.

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:31 am

I thought Beams was fantastic in the last qtr. Pendles, Swanny, Ball and Beams are probably the best midfield combination I have seen. We aren't playing premiership football at the moment but if we can keep these 4 on the park anything is possible. Williams was fantastic down back. I reckon he's in our best 22 now.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:52 am

We were scrappy and the delivery into the forward line was sub standard... How many bloody times did we just bomb the ball to 3 of their blokes??!!

Youngs injury is disappointing but i didnt he he played all that well... Yes, he kicks the ball long... But i'd rather a player who hits a ball low and flat to a leading target, not those bombs that he was kicking miles into the air..

Hes a bit soft too i thought... But that might be lack of match practice

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:36 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:
Good win we ended the crows season and also the crows played with extra 2 stevic and baldy

GL, sad, but true. McBaldy was a law unto himself.

Monco Matt wrote:
Not a win crafted with precision skill and intense tackling/chasing pressure, just a sloppy, dour down and dirty grinding win. It had some exciting moments, usually when Kraks got his hands on it.

Pendles brilliant, having Ball back in the guts just lets Pendles squeeze a couple of meters outside the pack heat where he can swivel and shimmy his way through traffic, did it well tonight. Swan looking dangerous again, good to have the real Swan back.

Spot on the money as usual Matt. Pendles was simply brilliant. I still have no idea who his direct opponent was, as tag was unsighted. And although down on disposals from previous weeks statistically, i thought this to be Swan's best and most important performance for 2013. Looks much better when he runs the straight lines through the middle, and was hitting the targets, without any of this sideways disposal nonsense which has plagued him throughout the season.

Monco Matt wrote:
I thought Sinclair recovered well to salvage his game from that shocking turnover which he could have let get to him. He is at his best when he can use his speed. To be fair that is his only real asset and he just has to use it as often as possible.

I couldn't believe that kick across D50 prior to 1/4-time, gifting the Cows a goal. Was thinking, yeah this will cost us at the end of the game.

Monco Matt wrote:
Welcome back Beamer. Looked rusty as you would but he will only get better. Young had an improved effort, started to find his way into the chain link through the arcs.

Was a bit worried when they didn't sub Beams out at 3/4-time, such was his influence on negating Sloane. Young still rusty, but the effort was there.

Monco Matt wrote:
Now, to the elephant in the room...............those scumps and their relentless workplace harassment and clinical badgering of Clokey to the point where the man isn't even permitted to out wrestle a fellow strong man in Rutten to give himself a fair chance to take a mark because Rutten is holding on gorilla style was the most frustrating, disgusting and outright criminal act of the entire night. Apart from Cloke's accuracy it was the lowlight of the night. What made the treatment so unacceptable is the fact the scumps this year have become so lenient on the push out in one on ones that they let it go for so many other key forwards and backmen in the game but Clokey continues to get punished relentlessly. Ed, time to launch an official investigation into the rorting of our power forward. This injustice has gone on long enough. Give him a fair go !

What i wanted to say, but without profanities Smile Now for the replies WITH maggot related profanities Surprised

Flashman wrote:
And something needs to be done about this Cloke situation. He gets infringed on at virtually every contest yet when he shows superior strength and legitimately wins a one on one he gets penalised. It's about time the umpires were taken to acount for their ineptness and cowardice.

Absolutely, over to the President for this one... we are sick of maggots who randomly change the rules each week to suit their own agendas.

mosig wrote:
Glad Clokey gave away a few free kicks for abuse... as it means that the media / afl will have to talk about it.

And looking forward to seeing this in the spotlight, instead of O'Brien.

Greening gold wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
The highlight for me was Cloke's incredibly tough mark against 3 Adelaide players in the goal square. That was huge.

Could not agree more. .. for a really tough, hard work, strong as an ox, guts, brave, courageous and painful mark, I'm nominating Trav's mark against 3 opponents crashing into him and one trying to decapitate him as the gutsiest and strongest mark of the year. Not spectacular but worth watching 100 times.

And yes I agree, the green galahs hate him - but tonight's free against him for outmuscling his opponent was nothing new - he should be used to it after 5 years of consistent misinterpretation of the rules by the galahs, WTF are there three of them?- I thought one was supposed to be where the ball is arriving, in which case anyone who knew the game would have paid the mark.

And withstood a punch in the head from Douglas in the process. Collossal.

doriswilgus wrote:
The umpiring......auuughhhhh!Who was that bald headed p**** who kept taking the ball off us every time we looked like scoring?

That cowardly little rodent, dear Doris, was McBastard. Serial Collingwood hater. Pathetic little man, just like Ray.

stoliboy wrote:
But what is with the junk time goals? Two kicks after the siren + 2 goals right before 3QT. Brought them back into it.

Cloke 2 goals, 5 behinds, an out of bounds on the full & all with a cheating umpire that had it in for him the whole game. Had at least two shots directly in front of goal taken off him.

Stoli, watch Lez Seedsman drop an uncosted sitter from Shaw, on boundary line deep in D50, late in 3rd quarter. This results in an immediate Crows goal from the boundary throw-in, and another from the next centre bounce clearance. That's effectively 2 gift goals in junk time when we had them cold. And Sinclairs gift goal to them in junk time 1st quarter, totalling 3. And the 3 goals Cloke was robbed by umpire McSlut for manhandling his boyfriend Rutten, and this game was nowhere near the contest the scoreboad would lead you to believe.

Double-tick Magpies.

Dyso
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Good effort overall, but the delivery into our forward 50 was really sloppy. It probably didn't help that Adelaide completely flooded our forward line though.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:12 pm

Good win in the end but just wondered what contagious disease Tom Lynch had for the crows? Most of the night it seemed Maxy was standing 20 meters away. He had 22 possessions (3 of them contested) 11 marks (0 of them contested) You do not give forwards that much latitude. Even hacks like Lynch can hurt you & he did.

Just watching the replay again this morning. When we have the ball the opposition man up & make us kick to a contest. We again went for the zone defense & allowed them far too much easy uncontested footy. Fix up the zone & be more accountable in our defensive half & we can be as good as we want to be. There is plenty of talent in this team.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:20 pm

woftam wrote:
Good win in the end but just wondered what contagious disease Tom Lynch had for the crows? Most of the night it seemed Maxy was standing 20 meters away. He had 22 possessions (3 of them contested) 11 marks (0 of them contested) You do not give forwards that much latitude. Even hacks like Lynch can hurt you & he did..

Wofty, i wasn't paying attention to the match-ups last night...
If Brown took Jenkins, shouldn't Reid have played on Lynch, and not Maxwell?

Dyso
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:36 pm

A lot to like. Beat a team that threw everything at us. a 50 point turnaround and to win when pressured again was what you want this time of year. Pendles is all class. Heater is passionate and hates losing. I am a fan of Maxy but geez some of his errors piss me off.

Watching it again, Bruce should give it away. What a dead set f wit commentator. An absolute embarrassment.

Last edited by Culprit on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: