Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies crunch Crows - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

15-7 to 6-9 after quarter time. Could easily have been more.

4 points in the bank.

May lose Young but he'd be on the short list for a run at VFL level next week if Harry is available.

Beams got a full game under his belt.

Witts continues to improve. Ruck work still his weakness but playing well up forward and around the ground. Hopefully he's getting lots of goal kicking practice.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:33 am

The negatives...

Elliott's worst game for the year.

Seedsman struggled to have an impact.

Umpiring. Umpire bashing achieves nothing. Enough said.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:34 am

My Thoughts

* Cloke was Crucified by the Umps Tonight
* Witts took a few Good Contested Marks Tonight
* Blair had a Shocker
* Reid did a great Job both ends of the Ground. Kicked Goals and Defended really well
* Hudson good in Ruck but Not Crash hot Around the Ground
* Love how Marley gets the Team Going with Strong Hard Work. Does not take a Sideways Step
* Another Poor Start was not Great
* Our Disposal by Foot at times was Terrible
* Cloke Goal Kicking was Disgusting
* Beams was Solid and Released Pendles and Swan a bit
* Dwyer had a Awesome Game

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:35 am

jackcass wrote:
The negatives...

Elliott's worst game for the year.

Seedsman struggled to have an impact.

Umpiring. Umpire bashing achieves nothing. Enough said.

Agree Elliot had a Shocker

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:57 am

A gutsy and riveting working class blue collar win, that had me on the edge of my seat at the game. The ump were utter shit, that one against Cloke, body on body, was almost the worst decision I have seen in nigh on fifty years of watching the Pies. Just a shocking decision, and followed by about four other howlers. Still, it was a gutsy win, against a team that had its season on the line, and we got thru with kids and with a number of senior guys out, it was a good ordinary win, we bank the four points, and we move on.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:59 am

Love to comment at length but seeing how donny keeps childishly editing my posts or deleting them ill keep it short....Great to see krak impact, I thought beams was pretty solid given the circumstances.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Last edited by September Zeros on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:17 am; edited 4 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:05 am

The highlight for me was Cloke's incredibly tough mark against 3 Adelaide players in the goal square. That was huge.

4 points.

Now for next week.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:06 am

Still lots to improve, but pretty happy with the win, crows were rabid...played like their life depended on it.

2 weeks ago we got beat up in the very same sort of game.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:10 am

The Crows gave a good account of themselves tonight, but in the end we showed our class and quality to prevail as many expected in the end. Again we weren't switched on from the beginning of the game, but after quarter time we won by 52 points which is a positive sign.

Pendles is an absolute star and clearly BOG tonight. Swan was good as usual and Ball really is back to his best and what a great game he played on his 200th game. Beams had a good first game back and while Shaw did make a few errors, he still had a solid game in the end. Very impressed with the way Marley performed tonight and great to see Witts have a good game as well. He's improving in every game he plays.

The umpiring was an absolute disgrace tonight. I swear the umpires deliberately go against us in every way they can without actually breaking the rules. Travis Cloke's treatment was extremely poor tonight. Thankfully it didn't impact the final result in the end.

A good win and one that can help gather momentum for the club heading into September. I'm still waiting for the game where we finally produce four quarters of footy that is required to win premierships.

MattyD 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:16 am

lots to be happy about here.

Good solid win against a team that played to win with considerable umpiring assistance.

Kraks is magic.
Beams slotted back in nicely and looked good
Dwyer did some nice things.
Sincas made a few errors and didn't have the impact of last week but overall I liked his game.
Cloke had a bad night with accuracy, it happens. As everyone says, he is robbed week in, week out.
Swan and Pendles had their usual good games.

Very proud of the magpie army tonight for giving the umps what for. I can't remember a game where a winning team's supporters have booed so loudly at the final siren. Has it happened before? I know we've booed them going off the ground many times - even during our song. But at the siren??

I don't care what some people say about bagging the umps, that it's pointless and/or stupid. The truth is, they either hate our guts or they're cheating.

We can't underestimate Gold Coast. they're playing good footy and I think we'll be in for a fight next week.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:36 am

Young apparently did his hammy in the dying minutes of the game Sad

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:42 am

September Zeros wrote:
Young apparently did his hammy in the dying minutes of the game Sad

It appears that way unfortunately, but I didn't see him sustain the injury so it was news to me until I saw the article on the AFL website. Young's just too prone to hamstring injuries unfortunately. Fingers crossed that it isn't too serious Sad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-13/youngs-rotten-run

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:17 am

watt price tully wrote:
The highlight for me was Cloke's incredibly tough mark against 3 Adelaide players in the goal square. That was huge.

4 points.

Now for next week.

Could not agree more. Billy Elliot's mark two weeks ago was pretty spectacular and Jeremy Howe gets one every week and Daisy has been known to take a speccy but... for a really tough, hard work, strong as an ox, guts, brave, courageous and painful mark, I'm nominating Trav's mark against 3 opponents crashing into him and one trying to decapitate him as the gutsiest and strongest mark of the year. Not spectacular but worth watching 100 times.

And yes I agree, the green galahs hate him - but tonight's free against him for outmuscling his opponent was nothing new - he should be used to it after 5 years of consistent misinterpretation of the rules by the galahs, WTF are there there three of them?- I thought one was supposed to be where the ball is arriving, in which case anyone who knew the game would have paid the mark.

collingwoodfan Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:49 am

Watched Young go down in the corner of the screen and my heart almost broke, gotta feel for him.

Can someone please tell me why sack was named as an emergency? That man needs to be in the squad, even give Keefe a run because our defense tonight was shocking apart from Williams who played his best game of the year.

Elliot must have a run in the 2's his game was shocking, hasn't really done anything great since the round 2 carlton game.

Good to get the win and finally finish a game off well.
magpie1111 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:37 am

Clokes mark in the goal square even though a chest mark was brilliant beat 3 of them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: