Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies smash Blues - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:26 pm
Post subject: AFL ReplaysReply with quote

To watch the replay, just go to the AFL website and then click on the Collingwood Carlton "Watch Replay" tab in the top of the screen. The Smart Replay then comes on. You can watch any game from any round of the 2013 year in this section of the AFL website. Fantastic resource!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

1eyedpie wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Mossi wrote:
Top post Jezza! Very Happy the smiling is infectious! I watched the whole game with Italian commentary on Eurosport, The commentators being a Hawks supporters were getting on my nerves during the first quarter. Did have some time for Young's tackle and even the Italians were bamboozled with some of Razors decisions they did come around and gave credit to our boys as we piled the goals on in the second quarter.
There is nothing like beating the enemy!!!!!!!!! Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wow, Italian commentary, I didn't know they did that? That's great, Mossi! Very Happy

Did they give any SPEACIALLLLLLLLL comments in Italian ? Wink Laughing

mmmm questo è speciale. Mi scusi, mentre ho battuto fuori!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Frohickey wrote:
Why are Harry O'Brien threads being deleted? It's a Collingwood story, perhaps the biggest story of the weekend behind the win and we are supposed to just pretend it's not happening?

Just drives people to other chat sites where they can actually talk about what's happening at their club Rolling Eyes

How many threads would you like?

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=71470

Stupied 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:27 pm

That thread has been locked,
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:31 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Well that ranks as one of the biggest shocks I have ever had following Collingwood, and believe me we've had a few.

How do we go from being an also-ran rabble last week to putting in a top notch performance like that? If we were race horses the stewards would have swabbed us (shhhh, the AFL/ASADA may take me literally).

But credit where it is due. All the boys played as well as I have seen them since the 2011. It was even better than the preliminary win over Hawthorn that year, because we only just got over the line that night. I shudder to think if we had kicked straight whether Mick would still have a job this morning. Razz

Wonderful performances by Reid and Cloke and, dare I say it, Ben Sinclair-Buckley. He always plays well against the Scum. Must have grown up barracking for the Pies.

So many positives after I thought we were gonners 15 minutes into the game. But as good as that win was, it doesn't make a season. Carlton were truly woeful. Their performance after half-time was Melbournesque. Judd is finished by the way (although I think I said that weeks ago). And Vin Waite's son is a friggin joke, always getting suspended or injured. Listen the Scum will have to completely rebuild again now according to Mark McClure. I have never seen him so ropeable. Reckons the Scum players are all useless (including their high draft picks, Kreuzer, Murphy and Gibbs).

So a great win, but let's not get carried away.

Knew you wouldn't be able to resist putting a negative slant on it. Of course you'll be saying the same stuff for the next month because we only play the Crows, Suns and GWS. Maybe if we beat the bombers you'll be able to put your negativity cue in the rack???

Didn't you see my post on page 1..... Just. Enjoy. This. One.

Go pies

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:33 pm

1eyedpie wrote:
Mossi wrote:
Top post Jezza! Very Happy the smiling is infectious! I watched the whole game with Italian commentary on Eurosport, The commentators being a Hawks supporters were getting on my nerves during the first quarter. Did have some time for Young's tackle and even the Italians were bamboozled with some of Razors decisions they did come around and gave credit to our boys as we piled the goals on in the second quarter.
There is nothing like beating the enemy!!!!!!!!! Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wow, Italian commentary, I didn't know they did that? That's great, Mossi! Very Happy

Very Happy For "us" Europeans, living in Italy the only way we can watch a live game on a large screen is through Eurosport 2. There can be up to 2 live games a week depending on other sporting events that are on around the world. Eurosport provide commentary in the local language. The commentators are die hard passionate Italian AFL personalities, so they have a good idea of what is going on. Tramontin actually plays in the Italian league. Both are not Pie fans and as the saying goes you either love them or you ........ em! The commentating is on Dennis Cometti tone but nowhere near as colourful nor as descriptive. Off the top of my head I can't remember any particular phrases they constantly use but they use the rugby dialogue as it is very popular around here in the Veneto Region. There is no Brucy! But They melt in describing Buddy, however not a mention of the rumors of Bud mooving on next year. For amateurs they do a good job ......... For a die hard Pies supporter like me they get on my nerves especially when they commentate our games.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Always nice to humiliate the scum, especially while we end their season Smile

ps. Harry's thread got locked to protect the vocal sycophantic majority of this board.
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:14 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

Ever since MARS has been sponsoring the Scum, I haven't bought a single bar.

And I like MARS but I prefer to go without than give a cent to that cheating, vile club!

Nothing creates panic like a Mars Bar floating in a swimming pool.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Mossi wrote:
1eyedpie wrote:
Mossi wrote:

Very Happy For "us" Europeans, living in Italy the only way we can watch a live game on a large screen is through Eurosport 2. There can be up to 2 live games a week depending on other sporting events that are on around the world. Eurosport provide commentary in the local language. The commentators are die hard passionate Italian AFL personalities, so they have a good idea of what is going on. Tramontin actually plays in the Italian league. Both are not Pie fans and as the saying goes you either love them or you ........ em! The commentating is on Dennis Cometti tone but nowhere near as colourful nor as descriptive. Off the top of my head I can't remember any particular phrases they constantly use but they use the rugby dialogue as it is very popular around here in the Veneto Region. There is no Brucy! But They melt in describing Buddy, however not a mention of the rumors of Bud mooving on next year. For amateurs they do a good job ......... For a die hard Pies supporter like me they get on my nerves especially when they commentate our games.

Great stuff, mate, I also didn't know they had an Italian league as well. Bellissimo! Wink

MattyD 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen

I ventured down from Sydney for teh game last night, and i can say 2 things:

1 when the got 28 points up, i actually wasnt worried, as I just felt we had more gut running, and half their golas were soft squibish pre-season cup rubbish

2 those of you in Victoria (or from elsewhere) who regularly go to the games have my compleet sympathy. You only really understand the true evilness of the umpires live. They havent paid that marking contest body of strength crap for 8 rounds, and as for that decision against Hudson, how can you slide in when you are already on your knees.

But every player who took the filed last night take a bow. Lets get some momentum before we hit August. Enjoy the weekend.

Love that comment! haha
It's heresy to say anything negative on Nicks after such a great win (I'm damn proud!) But you are spot on mate.
I think they'll be dying to squash any late run from the Pies and I am dreading what they'll do to us when we play the hawks - that will be the test for me if the umps have it in for us this year. Which I know they do anyway.

GREAT win Pies (for the be positive clack)
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Sidebottom had a Good Game and Used the Ball Well
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:44 am

I don't know about anyone else, but did anyone notice the even spread of goal kickers last night. We haven't seen that since 2010/2011. Maybe the tide is finally going our way.

Great signs.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:54 am

It was great to watch the win in a bar in Barcelona. Very Happy
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:35 am

woftam wrote:
Sinkers, Williams & Heater shut the 3 amigo's down big time.

Yep and I think a new name is needed for the 3 amigos. How about the 3 pea-hearts? Fair dinkum, they look great when it's easy pickings, but when it comes time to put head over ball, well they just don't want it. Gibbs could also join this heartless bunch. Good on ya Mick; you walked out on Collingwood to a very over-rated list. Enjoy the frustration Very Happy

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:38 am

ANNODAM wrote:
I'm so happy I have pissed my pants.

Just when I thought your posts couldn't possibly get more tasteless, you prove me wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: