Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies smash Blues - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Mossi wrote:
Top post Jezza! Very Happy the smiling is infectious! I watched the whole game with Italian commentary on Eurosport, The commentators being a Hawks supporters were getting on my nerves during the first quarter. Did have some time for Young's tackle and even the Italians were bamboozled with some of Razors decisions they did come around and gave credit to our boys as we piled the goals on in the second quarter.
There is nothing like beating the enemy!!!!!!!!! Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wow, Italian commentary, I didn't know they did that? That's great, Mossi! Very Happy

I expect that when we all screamed "Give Dwyer Daics' number", they were muttering things about "The Divine Pony-tail", Mossi?
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:12 am

Why wasn't the Dick Prick Cup awarded on the ground like ALL other cups are?
Robbie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 am
Post subject: The Players can be ProudReply with quote

At 28 points down in the first quarter I tried to persuade my Daughter that the game would turn around however, I didn't expect it turn around as much as it did.

Any Collingwood supporter not proud of the boys efforts last night should find another Club. I was still smiling at midnight after watching the replay, and there is a spring in my step this morning after seeing the players, Side By Side, all night. Bucks coached brilliantly with the move of Ben to the forward line, and the boys just kept at it all night, and all I can say is "Thank you and GO PIES!"

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:39 am

Greening gold wrote:
I'm the same age as Michael Mouse and I had my problems getting through my fifties, as many men do. It's called a mid-life crisis (even though, truth be known, we really ought to be having them at 40, since that is real mid-life for most blokes). Some get sports cars, some get motor bikes, some get new hobbies, some get divorced - everyone responds in their own way. (I managed to get through with none of those, but I did change jobs twice - as I said, every man responds in his own way). Mick got a new footy team but, like a second wife in your late fifties, it's never going to measure up. Once the excitement wears off, you realise it's not them, it's you.
Poor Mick - he has to play it out so publicly whereas most of us can wrestle with it without all of Melbourne watching.

love it Greening Gold not as old as mirthful Michael but close, I got the sports car , new hobby Nicks Bulletin Board, changed jobs three times current one has a bit of a Mentor Roll maybe the old fool should have gone
and helped the man that was above turning on and off lights and was sacked two weeks ago as Charman of selectors at Melbourne. gee even when I go
to work it is a younger persons world that I am pleased to contribute be
valued pity some old fools still need to be in the spotlight.

confession time I still have douffle coat with 22 on it signed by the Great John Greening
I was on the road last night so I heard the first five minutes and expected the worse started listening to Frank Sinatra was given a score midway into
the third term and could not believe it
55 years of age and my faith was tested and I am not sure I measured up but FLOREAT PICA

yet to see the game but it sounds like we have found four new locks Dwyer, Marley, Seeds and it will upset a few Sinkers

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:52 am

Young was Quiet tonight. Needs more of the Ball next week
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:58 am

Dave The Man wrote:

He's played three less footy games than Grundy this season, DTM - give him a bit of a break. Smile
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:18 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Mossi wrote:
Top post Jezza! Very Happy the smiling is infectious! I watched the whole game with Italian commentary on Eurosport, The commentators being a Hawks supporters were getting on my nerves during the first quarter. Did have some time for Young's tackle and even the Italians were bamboozled with some of Razors decisions they did come around and gave credit to our boys as we piled the goals on in the second quarter.
There is nothing like beating the enemy!!!!!!!!! Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wow, Italian commentary, I didn't know they did that? That's great, Mossi! Very Happy

Did they give any SPEACIALLLLLLLLL comments in Italian ? Wink Laughing

BARRACK HARD!
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Ladies and gentlemen

I ventured down from Sydney for teh game last night, and i can say 2 things:

1 when the got 28 points up, i actually wasnt worried, as I just felt we had more gut running, and half their golas were soft squibish pre-season cup rubbish

2 those of you in Victoria (or from elsewhere) who regularly go to the games have my compleet sympathy. You only really understand the true evilness of the umpires live. They havent paid that marking contest body of strength crap for 8 rounds, and as for that decision against Hudson, how can you slide in when you are already on your knees.

But every player who took the filed last night take a bow. Lets get some momentum before we hit August. Enjoy the weekend.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

relax. it was his first senior game for the club. his chase down on the southern wing was very good.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Watched the game @ the Legends Bar in Hawaii.
It's amazing how a great win can make a fantastic holiday even more enjoyable.

Go Pies!!!!!

P.s back to the cold next Friday night vs crows 😔

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Now THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!

That was the hardest, toughest, most desperate effort I've seen since the 2010 Prelim, yes, it has been that long.

Swanny, absolutely magnificent with your desperation, where has that been all year mate? So many desperate contests made by so many. Blair, Sinclair, Dwyer, Kraks, Swan, Pendles, Thomas, Bally, Sidey, Cloke, Caff, hell, the whole lot of them were maniacs. We want to see more of that. Bring that every week and we may even take down the big fish!

Vastly improved effort. Thanks god we gave it against the scum. Very Happy

Okay, let's just take the emotion out of the equation for a minute [just a minute, that's all i ask...] and analyse the result of having the entire 22 players commit to the task required each game, of playing accountable football for four quarters, minus any passangers. When everybody buys in to the deal, and the collective endeavour is apparent, we start to get consistancy again. Win or lose, all we can ever really ask of the players, is 100% effort for four solid quarters each week. Overall, the team disposal was still below par, way too many kicks fell short of the target, particularly in the last quarter, and this cost us goals and momentum. Regardless, we can gloss over disposal for another week at least, as it was still a big improvement on June in general...
Sure that first quarter was shaky indeed, when McAvomit declared Carlton were merely 1 goal off recording their best ever first quarter against us, and was willing them on to find an 8th major with plenty of time left on the clock. And then it happened; we got a lucky break at the expense of serial pest Waite, injured in a gang tackle by Brown and Reid.
This saw Reid released forward, and was a momentum swing we haven't seen the likes of, probably since the Essendon game in 2011. I don't want to see him play forward in every game though, merely start him down back and see how the match-ups pan out. He has come such a long way since that horrible stuttery indecisive Kennedy-type run-up for goal, that he brought to a Carlton game many years ago at the MCG.
Others players maligned in previous weeks stood up, and not before time.
Once Pendles worn down his parasite, he started to accumulate possession and had some influence. Ball and Sidey inproved, Hudson did what he needed to, simply compete against PVL, and wasn't afraid to get his knees dirty at ground level. And when Sinclair runs, he runs hard. Cloke finally owned Jameson, one of the few defensers he hadn't previously conquered. I think Kraks can do better with his positioning; he was too close to Cloke on a few occasions when the ball spilled free from a marking contest, and needs to be timing the fall of the ball on the half-volley, not cluttering his space. While Swan's commitment to the team ethic improved on last week, he missed way too many simple targets unpressured, many of which cost us goals when we had their backline done cold. And that pathetic shot on goal he missed on the run, while he could have handballed to Reid outside the square, was the most indulgent selfish act i've seen on the field all season. He needs to take a lesson from Elliott, who executed beautifuly to Witts in a similar circumstance.

Anyhoo, we've rolled Carlton twice in a season for the first time since 2011, so if we only beat GWS for the rest of 2013 - who gives a shit? Razz

As for princess O'Brien, i've got a special message coming for you in another thread.... And now, for those low-life MAGGOTS:

GreekLunatic wrote:
Great win but the downside was how crap garden gnome and baldy umpired the game if we had proper umps we would have won by 10 goals plus

GL, they were absolutely pathetic. I counted at least 4 Carlton goals gifted to them in 2nd half, after a string of bullshit decisions against us gifting them possession of ball. Along with the obvious ones we didn't get inside 50M, i.e. Reid and Blair. Maggots are responsible for eroding a solid 10 goal victory.

Jezza wrote:
Umpire Chamberlain: You are the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen and you're a disgrace, especially in the second quarter.

Sorry Jezza, all three muppets were cheating equally, yet Ray was significantly the largest of the three lumps of turd.

think better wrote:
I reckon Leigh Matthews loves rubbing it into Malthouse:
" the middle two quarters were the worst I can remember from a Carlton team in my lifetime, they were inept".

In Fatgut's defence, he was coaching Brisbane, thus missed the July 2002 game, where Blooz set a new low for disgracing their jumper.

die4pies wrote:
Why wasn't the Dick Prick Cup awarded on the ground like ALL other cups are?

Too embarressed to hand it over in public is my guess. Or they ran out of over-sized paper bags to conceal it...

Dyso
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Well that ranks as one of the biggest shocks I have ever had following Collingwood, and believe me we've had a few.

How do we go from being an also-ran rabble last week to putting in a top notch performance like that? If we were race horses the stewards would have swabbed us (shhhh, the AFL/ASADA may take me literally).

But credit where it is due. All the boys played as well as I have seen them since the 2011. It was even better than the preliminary win over Hawthorn that year, because we only just got over the line that night. I shudder to think if we had kicked straight whether Mick would still have a job this morning. Razz

Wonderful performances by Reid and Cloke and, dare I say it, Ben Sinclair-Buckley. He always plays well against the Scum. Must have grown up barracking for the Pies.

So many positives after I thought we were gonners 15 minutes into the game. But as good as that win was, it doesn't make a season. Carlton were truly woeful. Their performance after half-time was Melbournesque. Judd is finished by the way (although I think I said that weeks ago). And Vin Waite's son is a friggin joke, always getting suspended or injured. Listen the Scum will have to completely rebuild again now according to Mark McClure. I have never seen him so ropeable. Reckons the Scum players are all useless (including their high draft picks, Kreuzer, Murphy and Gibbs).

So a great win, but let's not get carried away.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:57 pm
Post subject: Sleeping giant is waking upReply with quote

A truly great victory. Ive just watched the entire match replay and what stands out is the strength of the team performance. Whenever a Carlton player got the ball, he was immediately under pressure or stripped of the ball. Our defensive punching of the ball away from opposition was brilliant. The star performances of Travis Cloke, Ben Reid and Dane Swan were scintillating, but most importantly this took place within the context of a formidable team effort.
Suddenly, a whole wealth of possibilities is now opening up. Ben Reid going forward will now be a massive trump card, which we can deal at any moment. Jarrod Witts looked great in the forward line and around the ground. When Lachlan Keefe returns, he can go back releasing Ben Reid up forward. So the task now will be to choose the right combination of talls... a whole new ball game.
And remember, this performance comes without Dayne Beames, Harry Obrian, Tyson Goldsack, Darren Jolly....
As McAveney said last night..." the sleeping giant is waking up"
axl13 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Will add Thomas, Keefe, Toovey, to your list, sinclair and Williams what a performance, 9 players under 50 games, what a huge effort and they had there best 22 playing as well, I'm Excited about the future for the black and white. Was horned up for most of the night!!!
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Does anyone know of a link to watch the replay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: