Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

FTO what the hell happened!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Feelings from the heart........

Am I angry.......no NO!
I am sad as if i have lost contact with someone dear to me.......FTO was the reason why I have unlimited access on my PC.
I am based in Adelaide and I NEED news on my great team COLLINGWOOD.
FTO and its members supplied that.........
I wholeheartedly wish all the Delta crew the very BEST in all they chose to do with their lives.
I hope to be close to them at the footy, as their quips they come up with to stir up the opposition can have you RAFLMAO.....I have been close to them at Adelaide....years ago, when FTO wasn't even thought of!

GO PIES IN 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mag 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:51 am

I guess some of us did see it coming for a while - I mean how many times did you hear flounder complain about how much effort it takes to run the site, how much it costs etc when he thought the messageboard was going a bit crazy and the site was unappreciated?? the main thing is the suddeness of it all really, but really in a way expected.

funkster05 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:15 pm

The FTO closure has left a sick feeling in my stomach.

But at the same time, I can't thank the Delta House boys enough for allowing us to share in their magnificent creation.

They don't owe us anything, if anything we owe them all the greatitude in the world for such a fabulous site. In years to come, I will be honored to say that I was able to experience such a site.

There is a moral to be learnt out of this. Great things like FTO (and Nick's) can't be taken for granted, because you'll get a rude shock when you hop your PC one day when you least expect it.

Best of Luck Delta Boys. You guys rock, and can't wait to catch up with ya's for a drink down the track.

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:31 pm

I am very saddened by it.....and yes, I guess in the end..all the CRAP that Flounder had to put up with did his head in! Sheesh, it's sooooooo sad that some people couldn't realize that it was just a message board and not a neurotic's convention

But.....OH WELL.....LIFE GOES ON!

"SUCH IS LIFE!"
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:53 pm

Still shocked and sad, cant really say that I'm angry. Just frustrated that FTO which was an integral part of my day is no more. A bit of grieving time and all should be right. Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes!
Nervous as a first day prep school kid being here though. I know of only one way to post and that is to say it as I think it is without any fear or favour. I get the distinct impression that my type of poster is not made very welcome here. I don't like watching my P's and Q's all the time, we are all mainly bloody adults and should be able to have adult conversations on all issues. Anyway, I'll give it a go and see what happens! Minds are like parachutes - they only function when they are open.
I just hope the ex FTO people will still meet at the Cricketer's even for old time sake. Maybe a wake could be organised soon to let people share their feelings. If anyone else is interested, I'm happy to help organise this. I think it will be of help to us FTO refugees!
I think Nick's board feeling a bit overwhelmed and threatened is to be expected but it is misplaced and misguided thinking. We are ALL Collingwood supporters at heart and have a common goal in seeing success at the club. Former duel citizens of the two boards like Magpie Greg, Foxy, Kristin, Tessa etc will know how to identify & handle the trouble makers. Most of us are just looking for a new home due to something unexpected & weird happening to our old one. I STILL don't have a bloody clue as to what REALLY happened. Sad.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Lazza
Over the piano was printed a notice: Please do not shoot the pianist. He is doing his best. (Oscar Wilde)

colt Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:06 pm

Hey Tess,
You know me, I'll meet up for a drink and I'm sure there are some others who would come along....maybe back to "Marks Place" for some fine food and wine and a chat.

Swanny21 Leo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:14 am

FTO was great. Nicks board is great. Everything related to Collingwood is GREAT. I'm shocked and saddened at the closure of FTO. I don't post often, on either boards, but read everything that is posted and know everyones usernames. I'm isolated, very isolated, yet these boards allow me to know you before I even get to meet you. This was so evident when I attended the Cricketers pre Grand Final function last year, in fact at the Y&J the evening before I ran into Special Delivery and had the best night in my life
At the Cricketers I got to meet people that I already knew. I'm still dumbfounded. I wanted so much to meet Mike, but he couldn't make it But many were there, Sly, Rohan, Foxy, Ev, Flounder, Pinto, Lones, Special Delivery, Joffa, Magic 35. Too many to remember, but the point I'd like to make is "please don't take this for granted." I can only imagine the ammount of work it takes to keep a website running, so if you can help in any way, whether it be moderating or contributing articles or even by being civil towards one another, please consider it.

Merri Creek 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:05 pm

OMG...I thought I'd done a George Costanza...(It's not you...It's me)
OK I enjoyed the cricket...didn't visit FTO over summer...and now..I FEEL GUILTY... damn it...WTF ?
will still visit the cricketers pre match..even got my boy a membership for his B day ....BUGGA.
Love u FTO...missing you already.... : )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: