Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke's 5 year contract caused friction in the team?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Underdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 am
Post subject: Re: Cloke's 5 year contract caused friction in the team?Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Underdog wrote:
If Travis Cloke is getting paid 1 MILL a year over 5 years ..... I guess nothing has changed at Collingwood in the last 40 years

Tell that to Len Thompson, who played his guts out for this club 40 years ago, got paid about sixpence a game, and as an old man had to sell his Brownlow Medal just to put bread on the table. Or ask any of his mates from 40 years ago if they think anything has changed.

So you agree with me Tannin nothing has changed ?

I find it funny that Len Thompson got sixpence a game & could kick a FOOTBALL

Trav gets 5 mill & cant hit a Barn
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gees he kicks three oof in a keystone cops game, and it's back to blaming Trav?

Get a grip people

Who didn't have a clanger or two!

Has anyone noticed any real friction in the team?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:15 am

The only friction in the team is growing pains as Buckley molds the team in his image. Poor performances have us 7-4, the only team that has managed to beat Geelong and this after a horror early draw and an injury list that would have any other team cellar dwelling. I'll take 'poor' performances like that any day.

If this team hits its straps in the later rounds when we've got all but the long term injuries back then we can win the whole thing from anywhere in the 8.

As for Trav, he takes 2 defenders and clunks so many marks we just have to accept his limitations. Wayne Carey he isn't, not quite, but being a solid A- grade CHF puts you in the top 10 players in the comp and if we want that kind of player (The kind that wins premierships) then we have to pay.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 am

jackcass wrote:
Troppo wrote:
It seems to me Steven that you have drawn a very long bow to be equating Trav's $ with a lack of team cohesion.

Our other guns have got perfectly sound player managers looking after their affairs and would have been advised that as contracts come up for re-negotiation that relativity would be brokered into the equation. So to be saying that our guns are off-side because of Trav's current $ position absent any first-hand credible evidence is plainly celebrating red-herring day. Thank you very much.

Furthermore, team cohesion or a lack of it - according to you Steven, is caused by this question.

Bullshit.

We have played 35 lads so far this season to Round 11 due mainly to injuries and if for no other reason we had some sort of cohesion problem, you could probably point a finger in that direction. Nonetheless in spite of the chopping and changing with personnel I believe team cohesion has actually been one of our strengths this year. The 'young and inexperienceds' have trained with the 'big boys' throughout and together have got a handle on what Bucks is moving to achieve with the game plan this year, so, a cohesion issue?

I don't think so.

Agree Troppo. People play down the injuries as merely a factor in our struggles this year but the lack of team stability as a consequence of injuries has severely impacted on the smoothness of ball movement. The more games of footy you play with someone, the more comfortable you are with how they play.

Spot on Daz.

That is why I'm very confident of Collingwood peaking at the right time in August/September by when a few of the injured players would have returned and we have far more settled and stable team playing instead of requiring a new player every second week.

Extremely confident of a great finish to this season.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:39 am

What about Michael Hartley's two-year deal? I've heard the players are up in arms over that one. Gym sessions are like Greek unemployment riots! Buckley had to use tear gas on Thursday.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:42 am

Well, SteveH67 may not be alone in questioning team cohesion?

Article from Mark Robinson:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-great-tony-shaw-hopes-players-dont-sook/story-fni5f6hd-1226662114725

Quote:
There have been issues at Collingwood this year, which are not all necessarily behavioural, but point to a divided and sometimes difficult environment.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:46 am

Lol, did Robbo really write this? Shocked

Quote:
Two weeks ago, Heath Shaw was overlooked for selection because of excessive skinfolds.

Alan Didak has only recently earned a senior game, and Ben Johnson has battled injury and played only three games this year.

Let's check the date — it's 1st of April, right?

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am

^ I don't get it??... You think it's too good a piece to come from Mr Robinson? Smile
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:57 am

I'm almost certain this has absolutely nothing to do with our current season.

The players where used to a certain style. Last year Bucks probably let a lot slide during the transition. This year I'm guessing he is having none of it.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:37 pm

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
^ I don't get it??... You think it's too good a piece to come from Mr Robinson? Smile

It's a piece about supposed friction inside the club and he mentions (following the massive bombshell that Heath Shaw was not quite as fit as he could have been at one point) completely out of the blue that Didak and Johnson haven't played much due to injury. For real.

This is imaginary journalism of the kind that makes Caroline Wilson look professional.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Well, SteveH67 may not be alone in questioning team cohesion?

Article from Mark Robinson:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-great-tony-shaw-hopes-players-dont-sook/story-fni5f6hd-1226662114725

Quote:
There have been issues at Collingwood this year, which are not all necessarily behavioural, but point to a divided and sometimes difficult environment.

Second paragraph, first sentence...

Shaw said he was unaware of any fractures in the playing group at Collingwood

End of story!
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:54 pm

[quote="sixpoints"]So in trying to come up with a reason for a supposed lack of team cohesion, you invent a reason based upon Travis Cloke's contract.
You are now well and truly in the running for the "most idiotic thread of year award". Well done[/quote]

Yeah right, not on this Board by a longshot.

Apology not accepted.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:17 pm

BBHS wrote:
I'm almost certain this has absolutely nothing to do with our current season.

The players where used to a certain style. Last year Bucks probably let a lot slide during the transition. This year I'm guessing he is having none of it.

Sounds more likely

Underdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:19 am

David wrote:

It's a piece about supposed friction inside the club and he mentions (following the massive bombshell that Heath Shaw was not quite as fit as he could have been at one point) completely out of the blue that Didak and Johnson haven't played much due to injury. For real.

This is imaginary journalism of the kind that makes Caroline Wilson look professional.

David this is what I mean, you seem to have a say on everything

Give it a rest Dude Please
Underdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:20 am

David Please stop Standing over people
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: