Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 9 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing of not. Every single player played from behind their man today & as a consequence were led to the ball & out worked. The basics of front position were lost on everyone.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:14 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Question, are you actually at the game providing the commentary or providing it based on Lukes live chat?

Wasn't there today. Had a bit of the flu. My apologies.

No need to apologise, I was just trying to understand the drill, whether you usually go to the game and provide the commentary or whether you usually use Luke's chat feed and transpose.

No criticism if it's the latter but it does make it difficult to judge who played well.

BTW, Luke used to post here as Johnson 26, then once he got the job with the Pies he got a new handle which I forget but he still posts sometimes. Nice kid.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion.

I do get to as many games as I can and provide commentary from the ground. Those I can't, I make do with the LiveChat, and defer to the insights of others.

When the games are on TV, I usually sit them out, because at least I can see the vision of what's going on, though I do go to games when the TV broadcast is on as well.

On this occasion, I'll defer to other posters to dissect the game, but judging by the stats, I liked the game of those 4 players.

Interesting about Luke. Literally a fan living the dream, eh?

Yep on Luke. And you do good work mate. Much appreciated.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Question, are you actually at the game providing the commentary or providing it based on Lukes live chat?

No need to apologise, I was just trying to understand the drill, whether you usually go to the game and provide the commentary or whether you usually use Luke's chat feed and transpose.

No criticism if it's the latter but it does make it difficult to judge who played well.

BTW, Luke used to post here as Johnson 26, then once he got the job with the Pies he got a new handle which I forget but he still posts sometimes. Nice kid.

I do get to as many games as I can and provide commentary from the ground. Those I can't, I make do with the LiveChat, and defer to the insights of others.

When the games are on TV, I usually sit them out, because at least I can see the vision of what's going on, though I do go to games when the TV broadcast is on as well.

On this occasion, I'll defer to other posters to dissect the game, but judging by the stats, I liked the game of those 4 players.

Yeah Luke is a Very Lucky Man

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

lukem is his new handle.

must say casey fields is not a great viewing ground. the boundary reminds me of the old vfl park boundary. i watched the game from inside the fence and struggled. the playing strips also made it a challenge to discern who had the ball.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:46 pm

John Wren wrote:

must say casey fields is not a great viewing ground. the boundary reminds me of the old vfl park boundary. i watched the game from inside the fence and struggled. the playing strips also made it a challenge to discern who had the ball.

Yeah it's not the Best Watching Ground. When Players are at the Other Side of The Ground it's hard to see who's who. The Ground is like a Mountain where the Top is the Middle of the Ground.

You Thought you where in the Middle of No Where Wink

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Yeah it's not the Best Watching Ground. When Players are at the Other Side of The Ground it's hard to see who's who. The Ground is like a Mountain where the Top is the Middle of the Ground.

You Thought you where in the Middle of No Where Wink

on more than one occasion i was!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:25 pm

We got flogged because Phil Cleary Tipped us?Wink
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:21 am

I never realised Luke was the same Johnson 26 who's made over 20,000 posts. Hmm...interesting Smile

Jesse Hogan is an outstanding player and the one player that will actually be good for Melbourne. There's no surprises about the result considering the team we fielded for this match. It appears that Broomhead received a lot of praise for his game. He's going to be a great player for the future. I rate the kid very highly.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:03 am

Lockyer's review:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-06-12/lockyers-vfl-player-review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: