Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Block

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all a pack of bitches, even the men, except poor down trodden jarred, and maybe trixies hubby, who name escapes me.

I really don't lIke the wierdos, Matt and Kim, he's an arrogant twot

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:53 am

How I've seen the contestants so far this season:

Level one (The twins) - their cops so they like to sh*t stir and are good at it, but not nasty about it. They obviously had a design plan from the start and have stuck to it turning out the best level by far this season. They should win it.

Level two (Kim and Matt) - creators of the "crime scene" Laughing but since that have consistently produced ever improving rooms and in the end built a really good level. Their greatest problem is their level will not appeal to a broad range of buyers and this likely will result in a reduced price at auction. Also towards the end of the show Kim and (in particular) Matt have shown a bit of a selfish / nasty streak, and in Matt's case he's come across as a real prick who'll talk tough to the females, not the twins though, but clam up around the guys.

Level three (Bec and George) - they've been consistently good without ever really excelling which has been reflected in their scores and most likely the auction sale. Bec is starting to come across as being a bit of a whiner but I temper that view with the fact she's only just lost her mother to cancer and would still be grieving. To be honest I think she's shown a tremendous amount of strength to continue the show. On George, well I think Keith hit the nail on the head when he said he didn't think he worked that hard. I mean three days to do a single brick wall and he's meant to be a brickie Shocked Someone just learning the trade could've done that wall just as quickly.

Level four (Madi and Jarrod) - a bit like level three they've been consistently good without being brilliant and should end up making a decent profit during the auction, but I don't believe they can win it. Jarrod should be taking all the applause for the quality of their level as he's done a mountain of work, and his carpentry has been first class. Madi, well what can you say about her........she's bloody useless. Harsh I know but all she's done is dodge work, nag Jarrod for not working hard enough Shocked and piss and moan about everyone else picking on her.

Level five (Trixie and Johnno) - they won the right to rebuild the Penthouse and to date have done a good job of it and if not for the twins job on level one would likely have the best level, but unfortunately for them the twins level is miles ahead of their floor both in design and class. It seemed to me the whole way through the competition Trixie has had the incorrect belief that just because they have the Penthouse they'll win, it ain't going to happen. Johnno has also done a mountain of work and Trixie has been fairly hands on as well. What's annoyed me about Trixie is her constant moaning about how much harder it's been for them and how their also disadvantaged somehow. For a while now I've been fast forwarding most of her segments.

At the conclusion the twins should win, then level 5, level 2, and level 3 / 4 should be around the same mark.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:04 pm

I prefer 2/3 to 4. Do not like any of the oddball stuff, rough wood walls, the white floor, and the white glass doors in the kitchen. They are things that are not easily changed, and they are just not practical.

The twins is definitely by far the best, design and quality wise. They do come across as bitches, but at least they are up front about it. And if they were guys, I think their scheming would be dusted off as boys will be boys.

I really like Bec and her taste. Having just been through a very similar situation, I take my hat off to her. When she was driving and just burst into tears, that bought it all back. And it was actually nice to know that wasn't just me. That happened to me a lot in the 2-3 months after Mum died, and occasionally, ( like today for some reason) still does. It's just devastating all of a sudden. I could not have gone through it on tv. And made that add. I just love her sunny big persona, I'd really like her in real life I think.

Jared, well he just deserves a medal! But I'd never have a green wall!

John and trixie, to me it's all opshop chic, with a bit of hoedown hillbillie chucked in. That wall paer they raved about, OMG, the horror! The only smart thing was the bigger lounge area. That was good. All the rest have little living space for 3 bedroom apartments.

My style is I guess classic and clean lines, and above all with such a big place,practical to clean and keep nice.

For me
1 twins
2. Bec
3. Jared
4 and 5 whatever, I would not live in either!

Haven't liked this series much, others I'd be glued to or race in and watch the replay, this one, can't be bothered. If I miss I miss.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:56 pm

I'd switch 1st and 2nd but the rest was pretty right.

Ugh, this series s so bitchy!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Quite happy with that

Thought Jarrod and his painful Mrs nailed it - really nice room

Loved the floating bed but second was right for mine

And I really liked the tiles in the ensuite - didn't think I would but they worked and they deserved 3rd

WTF were the potty mouth plod thinking Shocked bloody awful

So who do we think gets the perfect score next week - hmm? :

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:05 pm

Hopefully not the twins or the unwashed!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 am

Pretty much agree totally with OEP's post. Hit the nail on the head with each level.

I've never been a Trixie fan, seems to think she deserves everything because she's a mum. Rolling Eyes

Think the scoring was spot on on Sunday night although I think Bec & George should have been first, Madi & Jarrod's room was great, but a bit dull. The floating bed idea had to be worth a win. The twins really dropped their bundle, just hoping maybe they saved some $$$ for their kitchen. After all their design & ideas they deserve to have their reserve reduced.

Can't wait for the auction, and to see Trixie's excuse when the public think as much of her apartment as the judges did. Hope they come last & sort of find myself hoping it gets passed in... (maybe with the amount of bitchiness I seem to have inside I should be on it next time!! hahaha).
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Speaking of the block, this is why I hate having 'open for inspections'....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/bec-douros8217s-knickers-nicked-at-the-block-sky-high-open-for-inspection/story-fni0cc2a-1226683853429

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:03 pm

someone smack those girls across the earole! seriously, "its not my problem" "no water, who cares" notice they are the only team still with a builder!!

(and bec, that light is junk) which means the judges will rave about it

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Whose problem no water who cares notice they the team with a builder are the is it?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:28 pm

that's about it hal
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:29 pm

What do you look like?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:42 pm

HAL wrote:
What do you look like?

Shocked bots need to know this?

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Can't wait to get back home, sounds like the last couple of weeks have been quite interesting.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:51 am

got even better, two tone ceiling! but its ok, the girls manipulated it their way!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: