Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 8 - Blues vs Collingwood at Preston City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Would just like to applaude the work of our VFL listed players, all doing a fantastic job. Allowing the club to continue the development of senior listed players and remain competitive.

For mine, the highlight was the emergence of Broomhead. Kid has a very bright future.

Next is the continued good form of Oxley. Really love the way this kid plays his footy.

And lastly, Yagmoor showed us what he is capable of IF he applies himself.

We really don't have a player on the list who isn't capable of making some contribution. To date, we've had 35 players used at senior level without any contribution from Beams, Keeffe, or the 3 mentioned above. And Grundy is just starting out. Very happy!

And over the next few weeks we should start to get players back. Johnno's & Keeffe next week. Beams, Ramsay & Hartley won't be too far away. Very excited.

This.

Hellier and Riddle have been revelations as co-captains, good replacements for Kris Pendlebury. Hellier just works his backside off, has been a big factor in our wins this year. Riddle is dependable down back in an inexperienced (and at times, ineffectual) defence.

Tim Allan has shown himself to be very versatile in where he can play and has been in good enough form to consistently hold his spot. Lachlan Ferguson is lively and has been quite good, often bobbing up at critical times in games. Ben Moloney is good on inside of the contest; could be one to watch out for in the draft. Jackson Heagney-Steart loves the physical side of the game, his 1% efforts just good to see.

Just great to see all these VFL-listed players doing well and having a crack. Tapping has recruited very well and has been a revelation himself as VFL coach. This group is clearly playing for him, and he is getting good performances out of our AFL-listed kids as well (Witts, Martin, Oxley, Broomhead, just to name a few).

Very good signs at VFL level this year...

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Broomhead is looking like pure talent from the two games I have watched. Oxley plays well beyond his years. Elite kick, cool in a crisis, balanced and an excellent mark for his height and build. Similar to Clement. Grundy is trying to settle in to footy again. I have no doubt in a month he will begin to take control of games at times and start to become dangerous up forward. He is coming off a chronic back injury so will take time to find his place. Hudson is the in form ruckman at our Club. He is playing like a second midfielder. What a pickup so far. I am loving the VFL this year. Even with all the injuries we are a different team. If we had only three or four injuries on our list instead of ten to fifteen this team would be awesome.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Broomhead was rated very highly by Geelong and they have one of the best recruiting teams in the AFL
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Rookie Draft this year was Awesome for us
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:17 am

Without a doubt, Hine smashed the drafts last year. 3 first rounders who are all showing good signs after just a few games. Rookies have come in and had an immediate impact. And of course, Hudson has been a good pickup, has really helped Witts' development.

Tapping has also recruited some pretty good VFL players to supplement our VFL ranks as well.

Whatever happens in the seniors this year, we've got a lot to look forward to in the near future from amongst the reserves ranks...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:30 am

Sherrin Stand wrote:
Thanks MB for the updates.

I watched the game today and liked what I saw in Broomhead. It was the first time I have seen him and I think we have a keeper. Interested how you saw his game?

You're very much welcome. And my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

You've got a good eye, mate. Agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts on Broomhead. He's only played the 3 games, coming off that rather nasty bout of glandular, yet he has been playing as though he is already a regular in the side. Just such scything footskills and good composure, especially since his 3 games have all been nail-biters. He has literally been thrown in the deep end.

And by the looks of it so far, he definitely can swim.

He ran out of gas in the last quarter, but he just willed himself to the end, helping out where he could. It wasn't a day suited to those who have silky kicking abilities (slippery slop, footy caked with mud and taking on water), yet he aqcuited himself very well. Really racked them up in that 3rd term, where he had something like 8 or 9 disposals.

Definitely a keeper, and someone who will serve us well in the future.

But, don't you know? We should have kept Dawesy... Wink Laughing

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:38 pm

Just watches Witt's goal on CTV - the goal was ok, the pick up in the next passage of play was incredible Smile

- Ben
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Hey guys, here's the replay: Smile

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/39249

MOTR 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:48 pm

David wrote:
Hey guys, here's the replay: Smile

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/39249

Thanks, David. Just wish I had the foresight to bring home a couple of beers.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:29 am

As I mentioned in General Discussion, the ABC seems to have undersold Broomy's game.

By my count, after watching the game again, Broomhead collected 31 disposals.

Not bad for a kid just recovered from glandular fever...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Rocca's review:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-06-04/roccas-vfl-player-review

They're still persisting with the 22 disposals schtick.

He had 31! Believe me when I tell you this; as noted prior, I went back and counted them myself.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Brown26 wrote:
Just watches Witt's goal on CTV - the goal was ok, the pick up in the next passage of play was incredible Smile

- Ben

Damn straight,

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2013-06-03/vfl-the-final-minutes

The boy is developing nicely. Smile

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:54 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Without a doubt, Hine smashed the drafts last year. 3 first rounders who are all showing good signs after just a few games. Rookies have come in and had an immediate impact. And of course, Hudson has been a good pickup, has really helped Witts' development.

Tapping has also recruited some pretty good VFL players to supplement our VFL ranks as well.

Whatever happens in the seniors this year, we've got a lot to look forward to in the near future from amongst the reserves ranks...

Actually when it comes to mature age recruits and rookies I'd say the senior coach has a lot of say in the direction we take and who we draft.

Buckley has turned over the rookie list substantially since he took over and it's telling that the majority of the players we drafted this year in Kennedy, Broomhead, Ramsay, Dwyer, Martin and Oxley were described as being players with neat skills who make good decisions with ball in hand.

Bucks deserves some credit.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:02 pm

swoop42 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Actually when it comes to mature age recruits and rookies I'd say the senior coach has a lot of say in the direction we take and who we draft.

Buckley has turned over the rookie list substantially since he took over and it's telling that the majority of the players we drafted this year in Kennedy, Broomhead, Ramsay, Dwyer, Martin and Oxley were described as being players with neat skills who make good decisions with ball in hand.

Bucks deserves some credit.

Yeah, that is a good point. Kudos to Bucks as well.

Perhaps amend that to "WE smashed the drafts last year"...

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Oxley must be on the brink of rookie elevation.

Paine another 4 goals deserves a crack at senior level me thinks but will probably only occur if we continue with Lynch as the 2nd ruck.

A lineup of Jolly/Hudson, Witts, Cloke and Paine would make us to top heavy I guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: