Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More Islamist peace making.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CP 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
Their point - and it's a fair point... we will always have to admit that we ourselves are even worse than scum like these two murderers.

Shameful comment, Tannin.

I'll leave the self-loathing to you. You obviously hate your guts. I see myself, and nearly all 'Westerners' as far above that variety of shit who murdered that kid, in every way.

The bloke interviewed seemed born and bred in England to me. If not, he's lived there a long time. Probably contributed nothing. Probably on welfare.

But his 'home' sees this stuff every day? 2 things:

1 - If he doesn't identify as an Englishman, he should have $%$ed right off long ago.

2 - Because his country was such an uncivilized shit hole is probably why his family chose to move to England.

What a cvnt he is, and I dare say, you are.

Seriously, the bullshit you talk, you are a disgrace.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Lunatics... and we keep lettin' m in.

Same thing will happen here one day.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:57 pm

CP wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Their point - and it's a fair point... we will always have to admit that we ourselves are even worse than scum like these two murderers.

You've only just worked that out Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Tannin wrote:
Their point - and it's a fair point - is that at home in their own countries they face shit like this every day Until we westerners stop doing stupid, greedy, colonialist stuff like Iraq, we will always have to admit that we ourselves are even worse than scum like these two murderers. And at least they only killed a soldier, not an inocent bystander or a child. That is something we most certainly can't say.

Meanwhile, Swoop's comment provides the here and now practical advice.

That soldier is someone son, someone's brother.

Only

How fricken dare you. They have a point? And that makes it ok? Why don't they go home and help stop it happening every day there instead of killing an innocent man for nothing. May they rot in hell

That woman was amazing, crazy but amazing. Apparently there were others trying to shield the soldier as well.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:19 pm

CP wrote:
Tannin wrote:

I'll leave the self-loathing to you. You obviously hate your guts. I see myself, and nearly all 'Westerners' as far above that variety of shit who murdered that kid, in every way.

The bloke interviewed seemed born and bred in England to me. If not, he's lived there a long time. Probably contributed nothing. Probably on welfare.

1 - If he doesn't identify as an Englishman, he should have $%$ed right off long ago.

2 - Because his country was such an uncivilized shit hole is probably why his family chose to move to England.

Yep all good points.

Just like those cowardly bastards that bombed the marathon.

Terrorists, nothing more nothing less.

Religion has nothing to do with it, it's just an excuse for evil deeds by evil men.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 pm

The other things that I found totally bewildering about these events were that people are recording such events, show some respect for the victim ffs, that people continued to walk along the footpath where the lunatic covered in blood and holding knives was spouting shit and that the police allegedly took 20 minutes to arrive at the scene.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:00 pm

CP wrote:
Tannin wrote:

You totally & utterly missed Tannin's point, misrepresnted in meaning what he was saying .

You really are a piece of work CP. Sometimes people just post & ask to have their heads smacked.

His point is that we are bombing, killing & maiming every day (that is, the collective we you numskull) This is, what remote drones can do. They get too much collateral damage because they cannot always pick out the "bad guys". That's what overstaying your miltary welcome is (Afghanistan), that's what being in a place that you were not invited to in the first place (Iraq)

"We" f*cked up Iraq & have not heeded the history of Afghanistan.

As usual you spew vitriol when you misunderstand opinions other than your own.

This is simple clear thinking / comprehension for anyone with a year 8 education.

What is it with extreme right wing nutters & their penchant for a lack of clear thinking?

Tannin already called the guys behaviour for what it is was: "scum like these two murderers"

I would sue your school for negligence poste haste - you have an excellent case.

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu May 23, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:03 pm

cvnt he is is a cvnt he is. I double dare you.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:12 pm

This crime is sickening and a disgrace. I'm glad the police were not hesitant in shooting the perpetrators, but it's a pity that they weren't killed there and then. Whoever can justify this crime for political reasons must seriously be messed up.

I do believe that these Islamic terrorists make up a radical minority, but you can't dismiss what has happened here either. I know I'm a bit out there, but elements of Islam are actually disturbing in my opinion, but it's mainly Sharia Law. Ultimately for most terrorists they want to enforce Sharia Law upon Western states, by weakening these states first and then by using Islamic insurgency to take over the land and enforce their beliefs onto everyone else. Sharia Law pretty much suppresses women and children and basic individual rights are restricted. How muslim people can even accept these kinds of laws is beyond me. Maybe I don't understand the Islamic way of life, but they sure as hell don't understand our way of life.

These terrorists lived in England where I'm sure they were raised in a good home and were well-educated, so why were they so influenced and motivated to carry out this attack in the first place. The root cause needs to be identified.

Also credit to the woman confronting the terrorists for their barbaric behaviour.

Last edited by Jezza on Fri May 24, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:57 pm

As WPT says, this will undoubtedly be used as ammunition for the anti-immigration lobby. That's kind of ironic when you think about it, given the fact that the most significant aspect of this act was how extreme and out of the ordinary it was.

As for Powell's speech, I actually had the chance to read it today (it's been getting around a bit). Apart from his reasonable assertion that multiculturalism may not be without its problems, it's a pretty silly speech I mean, his story about the poor racist landlady getting chased out of her neighbourhood was probably as hilarious then as it is now.

Still, I don't think picking sides is the most intelligent way of dealing with this topic. I have no more interest in the "If you don't think multiculturalism is awesome, you're a bigot" approach than the "Muslim peril" view taken by the Powell devotees. Perhaps there is reason to discuss multiculturalism more seriously, but in a broader context: is this kind of conflict inevitable? What steps can be taken to avoid it? Is it all worth it? It'd be good to hear someone deal with those issues rather than seeing this as an opportunity to sling mud at the other side.

(By the way, as much as this act was horrific and unjustifiable, I can't help but think back to that thread about War Hero Ben Roberts-Smith 'engaging' enemy combatants yes, that was a war situation and this wasn't, but those dead Taliban soldiers had parents and possibly spouses and children too. Why the stunning divergence in responses? Could it possibly be because this was 'one of us' and the others were 'one of them'?)

Last edited by David on Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 am

This now sadly deceased man was someone's son - maybe someone's husband or partner, maybe someone's father, certainly someone's colleague and hopefully someone's friend - the loss of a life of someone close to us is usually traumatic or painful but this must be just horrific - every time I have heard it " it has been hacked to death" - I can't imagine how much worse this must make it for those who knew him, cared for him and loved him Crying or Very sad

Brave woman - would like to think I as a nurse would have done the same - who knows though?

Extremists of anything are always dangerous - so if you spout ALL of "insert my personal preference" here are " mad and bad" then you also have the potential to be an extremist! Plenty who have killed in the name of their cause have not been Islamists ( your man who killed what around 80 mainly kids in Norway springs to mind) - knee jerk fear mongering is so not helpful Rolling Eyes

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:10 am

CP wrote:
Tannin wrote:

I agree with this 100%. Some people like Tannin have a lot of self loathing. It's that lefty western guilt. I have nothing in common with these animals, and to suggest that we are to blame is ridiculous.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 am

David wrote:
As WPT says, this will undoubtedly be used as ammunition for the anti-immigration lobby. That's kind of ironic when you think about it, given the fact that the most significant aspect of this act was how extreme and out of the ordinary it was.

As for Powell's speech, I actually had the chance to read it today (it's been getting around a bit). Apart from his reasonable assertion that multiculturalism may not be without its problems, it's a pretty silly speech I mean, his story about the poor racist landlady getting chased out of her neighbourhood was probably as hilarious then as it is now.

Still, I think picking sides is the most intelligent way of dealing with this topic. I have no more interest in the "If you don't think multiculturalism is awesome, you're a bigot" approach than the "Muslim peril" view taken by the Powell devotees. Perhaps we should be discussing multiculturalism more seriously: is this kind of conflict inevitable? What steps can be taken to avoid it? Is it all worth it? It'd be good to hear someone deal with those issues rather than seeing this as an opportunity to sling mud at the other side.

(By the way, as much as this act was horrific and unjustifiable, I can't help but think back to that thread about War Hero Ben Roberts-Smith 'engaging' enemy combatants yes, that was a war situation and this wasn't, but those dead Taliban soldiers had parents and possibly spouses and children too. Why the stunning divergence in responses? Could it possibly be because this was 'one of us' and the others were 'one of them'?)

Because 1 situation was in a war zone. Both sets of combatants were armed and fighting.

The other was a person walking down the street innocently who was targeted to make a political point with no awareness of what may be coming and no opportunity to defend himself.

There's no comparison.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:02 am

Yeah, I think I was under the mistaken impression that he was armed and in uniform.

Still, I'd maintain that people shouldn't take a black and white approach to these matters (e.g. one is unquestionably good and the other is unquestionably bad). Killing is always awful.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 am

schuey07 wrote:
I have nothing in common with these animals

You have a lot more than you think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: