Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:12 pm
Post subject: Harry OReply with quote

This thread will be unlocked after Nathan Buckley's presser, tomorrow.

Rodney Eade, on AFL 360, reporting Harry will be back in training tomorrow morning after meeting with Bucks, today.

-----------------------

As Harry is quoted in this article from the AFL website - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-09/obriens-anguish - this subject is now open for comment.

From the CFC site: "Senior coach Nathan Buckley will address the issue at his weekly press conference at the Westpac Centre after this morning’s training session.

Stay tuned to the club’s official Twitter account @CollingwoodFC for live updates from Buckley’s press conference."

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:59 am
Post subject: Bucks does it againReply with quote

I think Buckley has handled this Harry situation very well... clearly Harry needed some R&R and Buckley kept the matter away from the media when they probed last week.

Harry is an excellent footballer and I support most of his social/political stances and I am fine with others having a different opinion to his, (he is very progressive) however the "go back to Brazil' sentiment from some so-called supporters based on scant facts or pure conjecture is pathetic. Rolling Eyes

Really proud of Cloke for sticking by his mate publicly and the professional conduct of Bux when the pressure is on the club and our players!!!

I am looking forward to Harry throwing his energy into footy and to continue to share his passions and opinions to help raise the bar at Collingwood and in the community.

Adz 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we're not allowed to talk about this.

This place has lost the plot.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:10 am

I teared up this morning. Yeah, I'm a big sook.

I hope Harry gets it together. When he's good, he's very bloody good.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:16 am

Just goes to show why people should think twice before tearing a man down, Harry's obviously got some significant issues that he needs to work through, and I'm sure issues such as those can lead to someone acting out in ways they may not always do, such as Harry's outburst at Bucks.

As the opening poster said as well, kudos to Bucks. He's kept this within the club and effectively protected Harry from the fierce criticism that so many in the media have been frothing at the mouths to lump on him. I'm sure this will bring the two closer together.

I hope he pulls through the issues he's facing. Side by Side!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/travis-cloke-says-collingwoods-harry-obrien-career-is-not-over/story-fni5f6hd-1226675515179
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:19 am

I wish him all the best. Depression is an uphill battle, and I'm sure all the right things/people are now in place to help him combat this.

I don't normally speak out about this board, but now this board needs to stop being a dictatorship on some issues and letting people get away with abuse etc on others.

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 am
Post subject: Harry OReply with quote

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-player-harry-obrien-tells-of-significant-personal-demons/story-fni5f6hd-1226675515179

Harry needs our support - side by side we stand - not condemnation nor judgment. He has mine ....
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:24 am

As per usual people are all too willing to hang people before they know all the facts.

Last edited by Joel on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:27 am

Mine too

Side by Side Harry

And the club handled it well

Lets stick together pies xx

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:29 am

Praying for ya Harry, side by side.
TK Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:51 am

I felt as sick as I ever have yesterday with the now closed opinion poll of Harry thread on this site.

I hope all of you that hung, drawn and quartered him in that post and other posts get on his twitter page, FB page or in person and officially apologize to him. You were brave enough to have a hit at this bloke under you anonymity which makes people 100 times tougher, now have the guts to apologize.

It was complete gutter trash that was written on this site. Some of the shit that has been on here lately is as bad as the media, I have enjoyed this site for many years and understand it is an opinion based site but the crap that has been written this year has been nothing short of embarrassing.

Maybe you all take a step back now and think before you write and judge. I applaud those on here that have been standing up and supporting our great club.

I wish Harry the best of luck in his very personal battle, one that is the darkest place anyone can be. It is scary that a single action is in your power to end the pain and that action can have so many ramifications on loved ones around you. When the will to fight is gone and desperation takes over to cause complete loss of control of your life is the most serious point and I feel Haz has reached it and we now need to reach out to him.

Good Luck Harry, keep fighting the demons buddy - be strong.

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:51 am

Thank you Harry O'Brien for being a decent, honest, respectful human being. You will always be welcome at Collingwood.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:52 am

Good on ya Harry for making a stand - and to Bux - very well done from our coach who seems to step up and handle issues on and off the field very well.

It is a very brave thing for Harry to let the public into his personal problems and histroy and highlights what a great leader he is - his actions and courage to honestly confront problems and share them will help many others and also hopefully serve as a notice to some not to judge others too quickly and harshly.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:04 am

We live in a country that expects everyone to have an opinion on almost everything. Most of the time with opinions on personal issues we can be completely wrong. The media's standards are appalling. Always, always give the benefit of the doubt to the real people involved and the ones walking in the shoes. With out solid evidence do not throw away your loyalty to people who have proven to be of good character over a long time.

Side by Side is our motto. It is everywhere throughout the Westpac Centre. The AFL owns our club logo and licence. But they do not own our Side by Side trademark or culture. Be loyal to our players and our champion coach. Always give them the benefit of the doubt and don't believe everything a journalist writes or rumours you hear. Do not be so quick to give up on our people.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:31 am

Hold crap. http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-07-09/obriens-anguish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14   

Jump to: