Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scoring power

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ So you mean:

Blair/Cloke/Howe
"Third tall"/Fasolo/Moore?

Or were you adopting the uninspiring line-up I proffered (It's not a trick question, I just want to understand how you see the forward line being manned)?

Yeah I guess so though perhaps

Goldsack Cloke Howe
Blair Moore Fasolo

might give us some grunt up forward. You could alternate Goldsack and Blair perhaps but probably Gault needs one more go.

Interesting. I'm still not thinking "It's better than Carman, Moore, Kink, Dunne etc" just yet - but I could imagine it kicking a few more goals than last week's line-up.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:38 pm

Just an update on this. Here's the Collingwood season by season summary from AFL tables:

http://afltables.com/afl/teams/collingwood/season.html

What it suggests at the moment is that our forward line has gone from averaging 17.3 goals per game in the 2011 home and away season to averaging 12.9 goals per game this season.

Put another way, if you look at the "goals for" since 1990, the present season is, so far, on target to be our fourth least-productive goal-kicking effort in those 27 seasons, better (at the moment) than only 2014, 2004 and 2005. I've looked at that time-span because it includes the lost "Tony Shaw" years.

To put it in context, against our 129 goals, the other clubs have kicked:

Adelaide 167
Brisbane 110
Carlton 105
Essendon 86
Fremantle 96
Geelong 151
Gold Coast 122
GWS 162
Hawthorn 148
Melbourne 158
North 148
Port 143
Richmond 124
St Kilda 128
Sydney 153
West Coast 154
Footscray 133

So, we're 12th on that list.

Interestingly, the 2016 season average is about the same as for 2007 but we were very inaccurate that year (kicking 284.307, compared to this year's 129.111), so our average "points for" was a little higher that season.

The same link should update each week, as and when the data is added after our games.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:11 am

Just a little bump of this topic, coming up - as it is - to its 4th anniversary.

We average 12.6 - 78 (or, if you prefer, 9.24), this season after 7 rounds. We have kicked an acceptable AFL score in just one game.

I thought the intelligent pundits were reassuring us that this would all be solved by getting rid of Cloke?

So far in 2017, I'm loving the "spread of goalkickers".
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 am

That'll happen when you try to build a team of 26 midfielders.

Once our amazing midfield gel, we'll be unstoppable as opposition teams won't be able to get their hands on the ball.

A score of 1.0 goal will be enough to win games.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:46 am

Well the red flag should have been after 2012 when Cloke stalled his contract.

We got rid of Dawes and didn't draft/develop a key forward while Cloke was still pretty good . If we did then this forward would have been around the 100 game mark and a great foil for Darcy now.

Instead we went with top up players like Lynch and White and now that Cloke is gone well we struggle to kick 10 goals if the opposition plays a man back and Bucks doesn't man him up and lets him get cheap kicks.

Bucks built this forward line with midgets flying for marks when we send in the long ball and it will take 3 years to rebuild properly.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:12 am

Our players are too busy doing handball drills in the middle of the ground to worry about things like kicking goals.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:47 am

8 games in and our forward line is firing on about 3 cylinders.
By my calculations the forward line is averaging just over 6 goals a match. Which means about 1 goal for each forward per game. Faz, Elliot and WHE are the leading goal kickers with Elliot averaging about 2 goals which is good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: